Has the Law been done away with?

I.S.I.T.

Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

http://www.thenarrowpath.com/archive/TNP160509H.mp3

What a lot of people do not fully understand is that many of the carnal ordinances in the law itself are prophetic, which is why Jesus said it was to be fulfilled. Just as Jesus also said not one jot or tittle shall in no way pass from the law until all of it be fulfilled.

The law of God is spiritual, but the mind of man is carnal, therefore the carnal mind works like a fleshy covering and vail that hinders one from seeing and understanding many of the true spiritual aspects of the law. Just as it is written the law was just a shadow of things to come, but not the very image of those things.

One simple example of the natural law being a shadow of the true spiritual in a prophetic sense is shown in the ordinance of the killing of the passover lamb in the law of Moses. And as most know already,this carnal ordinance was given to foreshadow the the True Spiritual Lamb of God in Christ our passover, by which we are able to pass from the power of Death to Eternal Life.

So when you understand that many of the carnal ordinances of the law are just shadows of greater things to come prophetically, then by having the vail of the carnal mind removed when coming to Christ by the Spirit, then we can begin to see by the mind of Christ what the Holy Spirit was actually foreshadowing in many of the carnal ordinances in the law, and also in the tabernacle design shown to Moses.

Matthew 11:13
For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

So if the Spirit of Christ also prophesied by the law, all the prophetic aspects of the law shall be fulfilled before heaven and earth pass away.

I.S.I.T.

Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Has prophecy been done away with? When you understand that many of the carnal ordinances in the law and tabernacle design were just shadows of things to come, then you will see how the law also prophesied.

And if the law also prophesied of things to come, then of course it also shall be fulfilled before heaven and earth pass away, as is also written.

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Ben Masada

That is the basis of our faith, friend, that we are indeed saved from death by Christ.

How could we be saved by Jesus now dead when while he was alive he couldn't save even himself? Besides, no one whomsoever, can be saved from death. Death is a fact of life since the day man was caused to live. (Genesis 2:7) Even Jesus could not be saved from death.

Ben Masada

The law has not passed, only, you are no longer condemned to death by it, but have found propition in christ for breaking it....now, as Paul says, "I did not know lust until I read the commandment, thall shall not covet". The law is there to show you that, basically, it cannot be fulfilled. It's impossible. And therefore to bring us under subjection to god, knowing that without him we are slaves to sin, and punishable by death. "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". Thinking that the law has no meaning or is done away with, is a mis reading my friend, and damnable blasphemy

Well, it depends on the culture where you live. In some countries, if you commit a homicide you will be condemned to death. Propitiation is found only in our decision to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19)

Regarding what Paul said, I am glad you have quoted him because he was referring to the Decalogue, the Law that Jesus warned us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law to escape hell-fire.(Luke 16:29-31) Besides, Paul committed the misleading mistake to teach that we have been released from the Law and allowed to uphold the Law whereas only in the mind while serving sin in the flesh. Rather this, I see as a damnable blasphemy. (Romans 7:6,25)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Has prophecy been done away with? When you understand that many of the carnal ordinances in the law and tabernacle design were just shadows of things to come, then you will see how the law also prophesied.

And if the law also prophesied of things to come, then of course it also shall be fulfilled before heaven and earth pass away, as is also written.

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I don't know that you are correct. Do you use the KJV?

Hebrews 9:10 KJV - Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Hebrews 9:10 NASB - since they relate only to food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation.

Ben Masada

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

Right! That's what Jesus said but, some years later Paul showed up in the horizon saying that the Law had been abolished on the cross and Jesus had become the end of the Law. (Romans 10:4; Ephesians 2:15) Now, how do you take that? Jesus did not say till my death on the cross but till heaven and earth pass away. (Mat. 5:17-19) Since heaven and earth are still around, who was lying then, Jesus or Paul?

I.S.I.T.

I don't know that you are correct. Do you use the KJV?

Yes, I use the KJV. Keep in mind many of the carnal ordinances (natural aspects) of the law were just pointing to a spiritual fulfillment to come. Take the ordinance of the feast of unleavened bread and the killing and eating of the Passover lamb, which was first shown in a natural way to be a shadow of the greater things to come in Christ our Passover, being the Lamb of God.

By which we also Passover from Death unto Eternal Life by the eating of His Flesh and drinking of His blood(spiritually speaking)and by a spiritual rebirth in Him through the power of His resurrection from the dead by the Spirit of God.

Hebrews 10:1
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I use the KJV. Keep in mind many of the carnal ordinances (natural aspects) of the law were just pointing to a spiritual fulfillment to come. Take the ordinance of the feast of unleavened bread and the killing and eating of the Passover lamb, which was first shown in a natural way to be a shadow of the greater things to come in Christ our Passover, being the Lamb of God.

By which we also Passover from Death unto Eternal Life by the eating of His Flesh and drinking of His blood(spiritually speaking)and by a spiritual rebirth in Him through the power of His resurrection from the dead by the Spirit of God.

Hebrews 10:1
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

I am not familiar with your thoughts here on the matter, but they do not sound right or correct.

Also, your understanding of the Passover is incorrect.

I.S.I.T.

I am not familiar with your thoughts here on the matter, but they do not sound right or correct.

Also, your understanding of the Passover is incorrect.

The law is spiritual, but the mind of man is carnal. It is the natural man with the carnal mind that is unable to see and hear what the Spirit is truly saying in the law. The carnal mind works like a fleshy vail that covers up the mind from seeing and understanding the symbolic and spiritual things of God. When a person is born again of the Spirit of Christ that vail that causes enmity is removed so one can see, perceive, and understand the many similitudes in the law of Moses.

1 Corinthians 5:7-8

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

2 Corinthians 3:11-14

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

13 And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law is spiritual, but the mind of man is carnal. It is the natural man with the carnal mind that is unable to see and hear what the Spirit is truly saying in the law. The carnal mind works like a fleshy vail that covers up the mind from seeing and understanding the symbolic and spiritual things of God. When a person is born again of the Spirit of Christ that vail that causes enmity is removed so one can see, perceive, and understand the many similitudes in the law of Moses.

1 Corinthians 5:7-8

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

2 Corinthians 3:11-14

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

13 And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

The word carnal does not even appear in the NASB. I have no way to agree with you. Again, I say I believe you do not understand or you misunderstand. I do not know the best approach with you. I observe Torah, and I accept the scripture Jesus and the Apostles did, the TaNaKh. I also accept the New Testament. The new covenant was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah, of which I count myself a part.

I.S.I.T.

The word carnal does not even appear in the NASB. I have no way to agree with you. Again, I say I believe you do not understand or you misunderstand. I do not know the best approach with you. I observe Torah, and I accept the scripture Jesus and the Apostles did, the TaNaKh. I also accept the New Testament. The new covenant was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah, of which I count myself a part.

If you cannot "hear" what it is I am saying, and what the "spiritual law" is saying, then it is probably because you are still yet in the flesh and yet carnal. The first state of man is earthy, natural, and carnally minded because he is still in the flesh and of the world, and is still under the influence of the spirit that is in the world.

When a person is born again from heaven above by God's Spirit the old natural man and his ways will die, and the new spiritual man in Christ is raised up, with a new heart and mind= the mind of Christ= spiritually minded

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you cannot "hear" what it is I am saying, and what the "spiritual law" is saying, then it is probably because you are still yet in the flesh and yet carnal. The first state of man is earthy, natural, and carnally minded because he is still in the flesh and of the world, and is still under the influence of the spirit that is in the world.

When a person is born again from heaven above by God's Spirit the old natural man and his ways will die, and the new spiritual man in Christ is raised up, with a new heart and mind= the mind of Christ= spiritually minded

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I am a Jew and a Christian. The NASB I grew up with doesn't even have the word carnal in it.

I.S.I.T.

I am a Jew and a Christian. The NASB I grew up with doesn't even have the word carnal in it.

My advice would be to stay away from the "new" translations, many change words and meanings which add to or take away from the words of God.

Also the outsides do not matter to God, whether you are a Jew or a Gentile according to the flesh. What matters is the insides, what is in the heart and mind, which is why we must be born again of God's Spirit and made a new man in Christ. If any man has not the Spirit of Christ he is none of His.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:11
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My advice would be to stay away from the "new" translations, many change words and meanings which add to or take away from the words of God.

Also the outsides do not matter to God, whether you are a Jew or a Gentile according to the flesh. What matters is the insides, what is in the heart and mind, which is why we must be born again of God's Spirit and made a new man in Christ. If any man has not the Spirit of Christ he is none of His.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:11
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
There are many good translations. In my study of Torah I use my Chumash, The Complete Jewish Bible, The Orthodox Jewish Bible, the Jewish Publication Society (JPS), the Hebrew and English at Chabad.org, and the Israel Bible.

Your response reminds me of the following verse.

Romans 8:9 NASB However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

I.S.I.T.

Your response reminds me of the following verse.

Romans 8:9 NASB However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

That's where I was drawing that from. Sometimes I speak the words without quoting the scriptures, saves time. Have you been born again of the Holy Spirit since believing in Jesus Christ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's where I was drawing that from. Sometimes I speak the words without quoting the scriptures, saves time. Have you been born again of the Holy Spirit since believing in Jesus Christ?

A person is born again by the Spirit of God when they believe in Jesus (have faith in God). A person may lack teaching on the Spirit of God but if they are truly saved the Spirit of God dwells in them by faith and they are born again by the Spirit of God (their first birth being when they were born into this world).

I.S.I.T.

A person is born again by the Spirit of God when they believe in Jesus (have faith in God). A person may lack teaching on the Spirit of God but if they are truly saved the Spirit of God dwells in them by faith and they are born again by the Spirit of God (their first birth being when they were born into this world).

Many may confess with their mouths to believe in Jesus, just as many may confess to be of Christ but they are not truly "in Christ". Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

When a person is truly born again and illuminated of the Holy Spirit they will know it, as there is no mistaking it when it happens. Peace and God bless :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Many may confess with their mouths to believe in Jesus, just as many may confess to be of Christ but they are not truly "in Christ". Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

When a person is truly born again and illuminated of the Holy Spirit they will know it, as there is no mistaking it when it happens. Peace and God bless :)

Shalom. Let me leave you with a verse. If you are a believer in God and Jesus as the Christ you are in Christ having confessed Jesus as Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:3 NASB - 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

To be in Christ is only the case if the Spirit of God dwells in you. That is, if you have faith in God. Have faith in God and have faith in Jesus. There is salvation in no one else.

Acts 4:12 NASB - 12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Romans 8:1 NASB - Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Romans 16:7 NASB - Greet Andronicus and Junias, my kinsmen and my fellow prisoners, who are outstanding among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

1 Corinthians 1:30 NASB - But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

1 Corinthians 15:18 NASB - Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB - Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

2 Corinthians 12:2 NASB - I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a man was caught up to the third heaven.

1 Peter 5:14 NASB - Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace be to you all who are in Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 15:18 NASB - Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
Please read the context of this verse if you desire to understand what it means. These are verses that speak of what it means to be in Christ or of those who are in Christ.