GUNS!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Use the correct caliber, which is stamped on the gun somewhere.
And don't load .308 civilian rounds (.308 WIN) into a gun chambered in 7.62 NATO. They generate more pressure than the NATO rounds. You can load the 7.62 ammo into the .308 rifle (it's not dangerous or risky) but it's not preferable.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And don't load .308 civilian rounds (.308 WIN) into a gun chambered in 7.62 NATO. They generate more pressure than the NATO rounds. You can load the 7.62 ammo into the .308 rifle (it's not dangerous or risky) but it's not preferable.

Yep. And this causes confusion for some because .223 Rem and 5.56 NATO are the opposite. The bullet is the same, the ammunition and the chamber are not. 5.56 NATO, any version, is too hot for a .223 chamber. The gun had a 300BLK loaded into it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
80 year old grandmother shoots and kills intruder.

“You know, never in my whole life did I ever anticipate having to take another life -- especially at age 80,” Moles told KOMO-TV in Seattle, Wash., last week. “Give me a break here!”...Moles grabbed her gun, a .38-caliber pistol, when she saw her 75-year-old husband bleeding on the floor during a home invasion in their rural Sultan home around 8:30 p.m. on April 28.

Deputies said Steven Sheppard, 25, attacked Leland Moles after breaking into the couple’s home to steal drugs.

KOMO reported that when Sheppard encountered Barb Moles, he said one word: “Gun.”

Moles, a grandmother of eight and a great-grandmother of three, pulled the trigger four times. Three bullets hit the mark, KOMO reported.​

3 out of 4 is much better than 0 out of 4. Please train. Even if that means going to Wal-Mart and buying a box of ammunition and shoot it at the local range to be used to the weapon firing.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I require deep concealment and can't reliably wear a jacket to cover up a shoulder rig, so I have been experimenting.

I got a cheap belly band just to see how it was. I didn't put a lot of hope in it, just made a tiny investment. It's not terrible, in a way, but in another way there's no way I could trust it. If it had an additional strap to go over the shoulder it wouldn't hurt, but I still don't think I could feel as secure as with a good IWB.

I also went back to Mexican style carrying for a while, which I do crossdraw on my weak side. It's not good for drawing, granted, but it's secure (I have a quality gunbelt) and I can bend over to reach for things without the butt printing through my clothing.

And now I'm experimenting with my strongside IWB on my weak side, crossdraw. Again, drawing is not ideal, but the additional retention of the holster (over Mexican style) is nice, and again, I can bend down to reach for things without fear of the butt printing.

And I'm now considering using my weakside IWB (mirror image of my strongside IWB) on my strong side, because the draw, if the holster is back enough, is not bad. Instead of reaching with palm facing my body, my palm would face out, but I could grab the gun with a firing position and remove it from the holster with little more obstruction than drawing strong side from my strongside holster. It just requires a little twist once it's free of the holster, and I'm ready to go.

Hopefully I'll have an update soon.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have a Blackhawk size 3 IWB. When I look it up now, it comes up different than when I bought it. They changed sizing and description.
Same story here, it turns out. Apparently they're up to "gen" 2 or 3 by now? Mine look a little different, but I got them years ago. Still really like them; and I ponied up for the minimal-show C clips.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Missouri's legislature passed a law getting rid of concealed carry. It is commonly called "constitutional carry". And rightfully so. Taking $100 and a training cert to a Sherriff for approval is infringing on the right to carry. Nazi liberal demoncrat Jay Nixon will veto like last time. And he will be over ridden like last time when castle doctrine was expanded to the car and stand your ground.

theophilus

Missouri's legislature passed a law getting rid of concealed carry. It is commonly called "constitutional carry". And rightfully so. Taking $100 and a training cert to a Sherriff for approval is infringing on the right to carry. Nazi liberal demoncrat Jay Nixon will veto like last time. And he will be over ridden like last time when castle doctrine was expanded to the car and stand your ground.

That's interesting.

I left Missouri in 2001 and the whole state voted FOR concealed carry but Kansas City and Saint Louis defeated it (by virtue of their popluations).

I didn't know they even had concealed carry.