GUNS!

JosephR

new shooters/quick draw and AR fun.

new shooters/quick draw and AR fun.

this is Mr Bill from Nebraska, He has many many videos that all gun nuts and ppl that want to know how to take care of themselves should know.

He is an expert on quick draw, a lost art, and I have personally spoke with him, He is just a great all around American :) So I wanted to share His wealth of knowledge with you good people :)

This is just a fun vid to watch for all the AR lovers

After the holidays I will be getting a AR, I strayed away from them because I am usually a AK man, but being a Army Vet the M16 will always have a place in my heart and brings back good memories of times past.

So I will be looking for guidance from Nick and any others who can help steer me in the ways to buy/build a budget AR after the new year.

Enjoy the vids and keep America strong,keep it armed , God bless America.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Some believe that racking the pump action will de-escalate the situation during a burglary. The difference between a burglary and a home invasion is the owner is home. That is it. Well, that is the FBI definition.

I tend to agree to a certain extent about racking it, especially if they are "kids" who have chosen the wrong life like the ones in Detroit not to long ago.

:think: Assuming it's someone who thinks like me; what you have done by "racking it", is tell me exactly where you are and what you are armed with.
Plan on finding good cover very quickly because you will be taking a great deal of incoming fire through your walls.

Just another POV. :e4e:

...Of course one might point out that if you "think like me" you wouldn't be breaking into peoples houses anyway. :plain:

JosephR

:think: Assuming it's someone who thinks like me; what you have done by "racking it", is tell me exactly where you are and what you are armed with.
Plan on finding good cover very quickly because you will be taking a great deal of incoming fire through your walls.

Just another POV. :e4e:

...Of course one might point out that if you "think like me" you wouldn't be breaking into peoples houses anyway. :plain:

I keep my home gun, side folder AK, with FMJ 40 rd. for this reason... the door your car/truck or body armor will not save you.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I will be looking for guidance from Nick and any others who can help steer me in the ways to buy/build a budget AR after the new year.

Most of what I know you already know. And mine are not 5.56 x 45. Bigger bullets work better even when moving a little slower. The 20 inch barrel improves speed of the green tip. Cutting the barrel down to 14.5" (M4) showed a dramatic reduction in terminal performance.

So mine shoots a bigger bullet.

Don't spend a thousand, give or take a few hundred just to spend more modifying it. If you are going to do extensive changes, build it yourself. Or get a very low cost one and do minimal mods.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I keep my home gun, side folder AK, with FMJ 40 rd. for this reason... the door your car/truck or body armor will not save you.

Yeah, I tend to favor AK's myself. They were designed for ignorant conscripts like me. In the world of blades the AK47 would be a meat cleaver to the AR15's scalpel. :chuckle:

Mine is an under-folder Yugo but I can't use it for general defense as my area is too populated. It's my "Oh Sh*t Gun". Only to be removed from the safe for practice/familiarity and in case of total societal breakdown.

JosephR

Yeah, I tend to favor AK's myself. They were designed for ignorant conscripts like me. In the world of blades the AK47 would be a meat cleaver to the AR15's scalpel. :chuckle:

Mine is an under-folder Yugo but I can't use it for general defense as my area is too populated. It's my "Oh Sh*t Gun". Only to be removed from the safe for practice/familiarity and in case of total societal breakdown.

mine stays within arm reach... my kids can shoot better then me...and are safety trained, restraining orders are paper.. my daughter will put steel in your chest at 300 yards... shes 12 :)

mine is paratrooper style ,side folder,I built myself on USA made receiver...and parts kit from ebay when it was legal to do so...

its ok,,its dependable and up to 100 yds I am good... I was expert marksman in Army,... so for home defense it fills all needs.

Its not that I dont trust anyone... but i dont trust ANYONE! :)

JosephR

BTW I am country boy in non pop area.. you city guys... good luck....

water. ammo and a tight shot group is a must for all who likes to live..

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Apparently the Navy is changing to the Glock 19 from the Sig P226. This will be a phasing out. This can also not be confirmed as the NSW group has not publicly said this. The Marine Corps Times reported that special operations units will make the switch, so maybe it is true.

Also on that docket is the US Army and they publicly said no to Beretta and is actively looking for a replacement for the pistol in the civilian world as the 92FS. This makes me think they will do the same. If the Army is serious about simplicity with things like deployment then this should have happened a long time ago.

This is from the Marine Corps Times back in February.

Glock's dominance of the modern semi-automatic pistol market is owed to their relative low cost and reputation for AK47-like reliability. That is a particular advantage for those who operate in austere conditions where sand, mud, dirt, water or snow make pistols prone to malfunction. Additionally, their polymer frame is corrosion resistant, which meets the needs of a maritime force working around salt water. Finally, the Austrian pistol's worldwide popularity among good and bad guys alike makes it easy to find accessories and spare parts when needed.

It is unclear why the pistols were only now approved for MARSOC. Marine Corps officials could not immediately address questions from Marine Corps Times.

Marine operators have at times used 9mm Beretta M9 or M9A1 pistols, but more often the service's .45-caliber M45A1 Close Quarter Battle Pistol which is based on the iconic M1911 platform.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Buyer beware. C Products Defense, who makes magazines, makes a bad product. There is a backstory about C Products and people in the company in disagreement that doesn't need to be shared. So a split happened and the original company dissolved. Out of the ashes comes C Products Defense. CPD from this point forward.

CPD has a manufacturing problem. They over thought something. But they realized it and said they would replace their defective products. Which was all of them. They will not pay the shipping label. Which is kind of amazing when you consider the price of the label for UPS. Under $20 USD, yet won't do it. It reminds me of the self checkout stores are using thinking (wrongly) they are increasing profit when they are losing because of all the lost sales.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
08-10-10_0619.jpg

JosephR

"dixie playing in background"

I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now,and anybody who tries to change it has got to go thru me,and this should be all our attitudes. This is AMERICA, and a country boy is good enough for me Son.

Charlie Daniels

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
This one is for our conscript. Although I would not be surprised if he has seen this or other gel tests on the 7.62 x 39 from Tula. Or Wolf.

Gel Test

My personal choice if I have to bring out the AK for a defensive use is the two 30 rnd. mags (clamped together of course) of Double Tap (123gr. Horandy V-Max Bullet)....I've also got a few hundred rounds of soft point lying around that I'd burn before I'd break into the FMJ cans. :)