Forensics identified two different
blood types.
This was at 3 oclock on a
Saturday afternoon.

M-4/AR-15 is a damn fine home defense weapon. :plain:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought the M16 was adequate when in the Army, and I still do. But the SKS was $100 and a very good shooter. I'll get an AR platform rifle when I'm rich.

Christ's Word

M-4/AR-15 is a damn fine home defense weapon. :plain:

Personally, I keep a suppressed .308 AR next to my bed. As do most of my friends. I prefer to keep my hearing and situational awareness
during and after an event.

The point I got from the Thall's previous post was not the qualities of the weapon but the point that even in suburban midwestern America
you never know when a threat will appear. Vigilance equals life.

JosephR

I thought the M16 was adequate when in the Army, and I still do. But the SKS was $100 and a very good shooter. I'll get an AR platform rifle when I'm rich.

I thought it was ok as well. I was competent at 300 yard range with the A2 version. I now own a AK-47 I built from a parts kit,and milled receiver. A few bans ago when you could order the parts kits on Ebay.. for about 200 bucks I got an AK :) good up to 300 yards and the knockdown of the 308,and the reliability of coarse....

That suppressed 308 sounds awesome,,however sounds like it is in the 1500-2000 dollar range.I been looking at the base models and they start around 1100 and it sounds He has some goodies on it for suppression and optics I am sure,,thats how I got 1500,2000 estimate. a lil much for me.. but sounds very cool.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought it was ok as well. I was competent at 300 yard range with the A2 version. I now own a AK-47 I built from a parts kit,and milled receiver.

Good post. I was going to tell you this is about small arms fire, and we can start a thread about giant cannons if you need. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am having the barrel replaced in my RRA M4. I am having the traditional 270W barrel replaced with a polygonal barrel from Black Hole Weaponry. Rock River uses a 270W style barrel in the 6.8 SPC, as that is a 270W bullet. I am going to chrono the change in speed, and do shot groups from a rest.

I have two, one is getting changed to see if I need to do the other. I will shoot multiple rounds of the same box of ammo on the same day. Variables should be at a minimum.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not allowed to own a gun. My dad had one illegally and I found it hidden away when I was a boy. I innocently showed it to my mum, who knew nothing about it. This only means one thing here, namely that my dad was an armed criminal, and it didn't go down well with her. It began years of strife between them, which caused a great deal of harm in our family.

I am really glad though that you guys can have a hobby and enjoy it.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
just bought me a crosman 1077 - co2 powered .177 pellet repeater with 12-shot clip - 625 fps - powerful enough to kill birds or squirrels, but that's not what i bought it for

i bought it to chase away the geese, deer and osprey without causing permanent damage (or annoying the neighbors :) )

65 bucks, shipped to my door :)

1077-1.jpg

go ahead - start mocking me :noid:

JosephR

just bought me a crosman 1077 - co2 powered .177 pellet repeater with 12-shot clip - 625 fps - powerful enough to kill birds or squirrels, but that's not what i bought it for

i bought it to chase away the geese, deer and osprey without causing permanent damage (or annoying the neighbors :) )

65 bucks, shipped to my door :)

1077-1.jpg

go ahead - start mocking me :noid:

ehh its cool,,only thing I say is,,it can kill geese..and harm a deer bad,, and if you dont intend to eat them..would be a waste

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
ehh its cool,,only thing I say is,,it can kill geese..and harm a deer bad,, and if you dont intend to eat them..would be a waste

it's accurate enough to place shots where i want them - i doubt it will break the skin on a deer's haunch, and i know it won't penetrate the feathers on the back of an osprey or a goose - i've shot at them before with a slightly more powerful single shot crosman model 70

Spoiler
m771.jpg

IMJerusha

Just bought a Bersa 380. Couldn't hardly find rounds for it but I finally located some Russian rounds. Sure do make a mess of my pretty new piece!

THall

Personally, I keep a suppressed .308 AR next to my bed. As do most of my friends. I prefer to keep my hearing and situational awareness
during and after an event.

The point I got from the Thall's previous post was not the qualities of the weapon but the point that even in suburban midwestern America
you never know when a threat will appear. Vigilance equals life.

Yes, I have suppressed 7.62, and my wife keeps a suppressed .556 on her side of the bed. Shooting indoors will certainly cause hearing loss, and the suppressors make it so much nicer. Just the Ti- can is about 1300.00 by the time you pay for the stamp, the optics and the rifle together go for around 6200.00, the .556 is considerably less and has a COMP M4 Aimpoint.