GUNS!

You may be amused to notice that the Aimpoint is mounted backwards on Hershels M-4 in picture 6. :plain:
Not having an Aimpoint, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. My pet peave is your typical Hollywood sound engineer adding slide racking sounds when then perp has a revolver, disengaging the safety on a Glock, constantly racking the slide when one is clearly in danger and should have a round in the chamber, more than 6 shots from a Colt SAA, etc. The Walking Dead and Justified both have many good shootouts.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Not having an Aimpoint, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. My pet peave is your typical Hollywood sound engineer adding slide racking sounds when then perp has a revolver, disengaging the safety on a Glock, constantly racking the slide when one is clearly in danger and should have a round in the chamber, more than 6 shots from a Colt SAA, etc. The Walking Dead and Justified both have many good shootouts.

I wouldn't say it's really a peeve of mine, I actually find it sort of funny. The stuff always seems to jump out out to me like that though. Another good one is the when the Governor and his men murdered the Nat'l Guard soldiers...The one that got shot running away...If you look you can see the rifle the Gov. shot him with has no rear sight. :chuckle: And that this is Georgia USA...and guns are hard to come by (thankfully they seem to got over that). I really liked the British Cheiftain tank in downtown Atlanta (How'd THAT get there?!?)...all those dead soldiers...Where'd THIER guns go?!?...Did the squirrels hide 'em?

Don't get me wrong...I really love TWD (haven't missed an episode yet)...I just "notice" things.

My constant favorite is when an auto or semi-auto runs out if ammo in the movies/TV it keeps clicking...Can't beat that stuff. ;)

I wouldn't say it's really a peeve of mine, I actually find it sort of funny. The stuff always seems to jump out out to me like that though. Another good one is the when the Governor and his men murdered the Nat'l Guard soldiers...The one that got shot running away...If you look you can see the rifle the Gov. shot him with has no rear sight. :chuckle: And that this is Georgia USA...and guns are hard to come by (thankfully they seem to got over that). I really liked the British Cheiftain tank in downtown Atlanta (How'd THAT get there?!?)...all those dead soldiers...Where'd THIER guns go?!?...Did the squirrels hide 'em?

Don't get me wrong...I really love TWD (haven't missed an episode yet)...I just "notice" things.

My constant favorite is when an auto or semi-auto runs out if ammo in the movies/TV it keeps clicking...Can't beat that stuff. ;)
Maybe the army salvaged the tank from some museum? I know in Indianapolis, Raytheon has two M60A3 Main Battle Tanks. There's a lot of military stuff around here, but no British Chieftain Tanks that I know of. Another good catch. You'd think the guy they rented the tank from would fill them in on its history.

Well I went by my favorite gun store today in Plainfied and couldn't find anything I wanted to add to my collection. I'd probably look at shotguns but my shoulder is balking too much. The only three handguns of interest to me were a Glock 21SF (.45 ACP), Springfield Armory - Loaded (.45 ACP), and a Glock 29 (10 mm). The Glock 29 is not on my wish list, and the S/A is about $60 more than the last time I looked at it. So I ended up buying nothing, not even ammo.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Well I went by my favorite gun store today in Plainfied and couldn't find anything I wanted to add to my collection. I'd probably look at shotguns but my shoulder is balking too much. The only three handguns of interest to me were a Glock 21SF (.45 ACP), Springfield Armory - Loaded (.45 ACP), and a Glock 29 (10 mm). The Glock 29 is not on my wish list, and the S/A is about $60 more than the last time I looked at it. So I ended up buying nothing, not even ammo.

I'm in the market for a Walther PPK/S for my wife. The only problem is that it's kind of hard to find one in stainless at the moment with all the panic buying which has been going on.
My Sig P220 is getting a bit long in the tooth as well...Thinking about trading it in on a new one. :think:

I'm in the market for a Walther PPK/S for my wife. The only problem is that it's kind of hard to find one in stainless at the moment with all the panic buying which has been going on.
My Sig P220 is getting a bit long in the tooth as well...Thinking about trading it in on a new one. :think:
My wife and I both have the Walther PPK/S and I have a Walther PPK, all in .380 ACP. All three of ours are from Interarms. My wife's gun came with a target showing about 1/2" to 3/4" off center, don't remember the distance. She mentally made the adjustment and fired her first shot, an absolutely perfect hit.

The one thing you need to know about these Walthers is that they need to be clean to be reliable. Her Walther is good for about 75 rounds between cleanings. I haven't shot mine yet, so I don't if this cleaning requirement is typical. Replacing springs could help. They are truly works of art and I'm glad I have them. But I won't trust my life to them. The Sig Sauer P232 (.380 ACP) on the other hand, is drop-dead gorgeous and 100% reliable. It will be hard to find any of the guns mentioned now.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
My wife and I both have the Walther PPK/S and I have a Walther PPK, all in .380 ACP. All three of ours are from Interarms. My wife's gun came with a target showing about 1/2" to 3/4" off center, don't remember the distance. She mentally made the adjustment and fired her first shot, an absolutely perfect hit.

The one thing you need to know about these Walthers is that they need to be clean to be reliable. Her Walther is good for about 75 rounds between cleanings. I haven't shot mine yet, so I don't if this cleaning requirement is typical. Replacing springs could help. They are truly works of art and I'm glad I have them. But I won't trust my life to them. The Sig Sauer P232 (.380 ACP) on the other hand, is drop-dead gorgeous and 100% reliable. It will be hard to find any of the guns mentioned now.

:) Oh, I've owned them (PPK/S) before (one was my daily carry for years) and you are correct they are exceptionally accurate (dat fixed barrel blowback design :) ) and need to be kept clean. Can't say I've had any reliability issues though...In some cases it depends on the weapon. I have heard and read what you are saying it just hasn't been something which has matched my experience. What I do generally is to treat every firearm as an "individual" (as hokey as that sounds) and will do an awful lot of firing/testing before I approve it for carry. This used to be standard practice back in "the day" as it was assumed a gun needed a "break-in" period before it reached a reliable standard...the advent of the striker firing pistols kinda buried that notion in the sands of time it seems. If it doesn't meet my "standards" it gets sold or becomes one of a select few "safe queens".

The Sig 232 is, as well, a fine weapon. :e4e:

:) Oh, I've owned them (PPK/S) before (one was my daily carry for years) and you are correct they are exceptionally accurate (dat fixed barrel blowback design :) ) and need to be kept clean. Can't say I've had any reliability issues though...In some cases it depends on the weapon. I have heard and read what you are saying it just hasn't been something which has matched my experience. What I do generally is to treat every firearm as an "individual" (as hokey as that sounds) and will do an awful lot of firing/testing before I approve it for carry. This used to be standard practice back in "the day" as it was assumed a gun needed a "break-in" period before it reached a reliable standard...the advent of the striker firing pistols kinda buried that notion in the sands of time it seems. If it doesn't meet my "standards" it gets sold or becomes one of a select few "safe queens".

The Sig 232 is, as well, a fine weapon. :e4e:
It's getting difficult to find all steel small .380s now. I was fortunate enough to buy mine before they became, it least temporarily, scarce. I don't have any experience with the Smith & Wesson Walthers.

I also treat my guns individually. Unless a gun says Glock or Sig Sauer (Sigarms) on the slide, a "breaking in" period is a requirement.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It's getting difficult to find all steel small .380s now. I was fortunate enough to buy mine before they became, it least temporarily, scarce.

:think: It seems that just about everything got scarce there for awhile...I remember fussing to the guy behnd the counter about how rediculous it was that people were panic buying stuff that was in absolutely no danger of being banned (for now).

Well, that was until I saw a guy at the next counter pay over a grand for a WASR-10 A.K....Then it was everything I could do to keep from busting out laughing. :chuckle:

I don't have any experience with the Smith & Wesson Walthers

Neither do I but I guess I'm fixin' to...Unless The Wife :noid: decides to set her "I want" on something else. ;)

:think: It seems that just about everything got scarce there for awhile...I remember fussing to the guy behnd the counter about how rediculous it was that people were panic buying stuff that was in absolutely no danger of being banned (for now).

Well, that was until I saw a guy at the next counter pay over a grand for a WASR-10 A.K....Then it was everything I could do to keep from busting out laughing. :chuckle:
I paid $299 for my Norinco MAK-90 back in 1994. It's looking like a good investment now.

Neither do I but I guess I'm fixin' to...Unless The Wife :noid: decides to set her "I want" on something else. ;)
My wife's PPK/S was the first gun bought specifically for her. She was debating between a Glock 23 and a Smith & Wesson 39 series, when I causually pointed out the Walther to her. Once she got her hands on it, she wouldn't let go. It fit her hand perfectly. Later she would latch on to my Glock 27 so I had to buy one for her too.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I paid $299 for my Norinco MAK-90 back in 1994. It's looking like a good investment now.

:plain: Tell me about it.

My wife's PPK/S was the first gun bought specifically for her. She was debating between a Glock 23 and a Smith & Wesson 39 series, when I causually pointed out the Walther to her. Once she got her hands on it, she wouldn't let go. It fit her hand perfectly. Later she would latch on to my Glock 27 so I had to buy one for her too.

Ain't wimmenz like dat though. :chuckle:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Along those same lines, I only paid $125 USD for my 1950 Soviet SKS, preban. Prices tripled shortly thereafter in 1994.

:plain: Yeah, I know...I've been watching it myself for a long time....Decade after decade assault after assault. Every time a nut does something horrible the sheep bleat for safety and the Government responds by trying to strip down the rights of the decent.

Each time it costs us more and more.

They know that sooner or later they will win one way or another. If they cannot strip us of our rights then they will make them unaffordable to the common.

The end result will still be the same. :idunno: