Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice [desperately in need of people who care about the characters, and the fans]
Captain America: Civil War [Best of the best]
Suicide Squad [Same as BvS, but not as bad]
War Dogs [Only saw it because I didn't pay. It was OK]

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't feel like hunting down the TV thread, so ......

Has anyone watched Better Late Than Never ?

ROFL!
I'm watching it for the first time now, and it is Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I didn't feel like hunting down the TV thread, so ......

Has anyone watched Better Late Than Never ?

ROFL!
I'm watching it for the first time now, and it is Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't, but I'll look it up now.

Also, not a problem shrinking the screen size, but here's a link to my all things tv thread: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?103343-The-Omnibox-all-things-television&highlight=

Watched the Angry Birds movie tonight, for Jack. He giggled through it, but I didn't think it had much for adults in the room.

So my wife was bored. :eek:

Tonight or tomorrow night I'm watching "Race" about Jesse Owens. Hoping it's up to the subject matter.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I watched 'Into the Wild' not too long ago. It was really good.
I remember that movie.

In my younger days I thought it would be so cool to go into the wilderness and live off the land.
Then my husband reminded me that I couldn't even have a backyard bar-b-que without complaining about the mosquitoes.

hehe!
I'm such a Sissy.
(((Get it ---- 'Sissy')))

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I watched 'Into the Wild' not too long ago. It was really good.

I remember that movie.

In my younger days I thought it would be so cool to go into the wilderness and live off the land.
Then my husband reminded me that I couldn't even have a backyard bar-b-que without complaining about the mosquitoes.

hehe!
I'm such a Sissy.
(((Get it ---- 'Sissy')))

Have you watched "The Road"?

Now that's wild!!

Soon coming to an area near you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have you watched "The Road"?

Now that's wild!!

Soon coming to an area near you.
Oooo, was that the one where a bunch of catestophic events happened that desolated the planet and some folks had to resort to cannibalism to survive?
A man and his young son were trying to survive the harsh elements and find civilization somewhere, while trying to avoid being attacked, robed, and eaten by others?

I saw that one.
That one kinda reminds you that as harsh as nature can be, man is the real danger.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oooo, was that the one where a bunch of catestophic events happened that desolated the planet and some folks had to resort to cannibalism to survive?
A man and his young son were trying to survive the harsh elements and find civilization somewhere, while trying to avoid being attacked, robed, and eaten by others?

I saw that one.
That one kinda reminds you that as harsh as nature can be, man is the real danger.

Yep! That's the one!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Rewatched Back to the Future tonight. Jack's first time. It's always fun to watch your child discover something good. While we were watching it I heard a theme in the score that recurred and sounded familiar to me in a more recent sense. By the third time I'd heard it I realized that whoever scored The Lord of the Rings Trilogy leaned on those same nine notes and heavily. I may have to find the two names of the particular bits.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Good Neighbor

James Caan plays an elderly gentleman that lives alone in the neighborhood and keeps to himself and doesn't like for visitors to come in his house.
He did have a wife, but the neighbors haven't seen her around in a long time.
Rumor was that she left him because he beat her.

Two teenage high school boys decide to do an experiment based on the premise that perception of the truth can alter your truth.
They decide to rig the old man's house to make him think it might be haunted, and see how he reacts.
Of course the boys know that it is not haunted because they will be the ones pulling the strings.
But will it make the old man change his mind about the house being haunted because of a false perception?

They hook up some devices that will control his thermostat, electrical pulses that make things go off and on in the house, and rig the back screen door to open and slam shut repeatedly.
And set up a couple of hidden cameras in the house to watch how he reacts.

But the old man does not respond to any of the stimuli as expected.
He doesn't call the police or anyone else for help when these spooky things happen to him.
He just takes it and keeps it to himself.
And why does he keep a padlock on only one door inside the house --- the basement door.
The basement where he spends hours at a time.
What/who does he have in the basement???

This movie is a psychological thriller that will have you questioning which perception is truth and which one isn't.
Luckily the ending of this movie does clear everything up and doesn't leave you hanging.
It will leave you with an emotional downer as to the torment both the old man and the boys go through with this experiment.

The movie has flashbacks.
It has a trial going on (something bad happened in the old man's house).
You see flickers of the trial going on while you are watching the story unfold as it happened.
You also see some flashbacks of the old man with his wife.

I thought it was a good movie that kept you guessing as to what was really going on.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm currently re-watching Captain America: Civil War. Great political commentary.
I thought it had more to say than most, though since Iron Man jump started the Marvel domination I've only really cared for a few. The first Iron Man, the first Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man, oddly enough, as a lower key alternative. Haven't seen Deadpool. I won't mourn the passing of the genre when it eventually (God willing) gives way.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
watched deadpool several times - some great lines, but overall too raunchy for the oversensitive girlyman types :peach:

halfway through Xmen Apocalypse at the moment :thumb:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I could never get into the Avenger series. I'm into the Dawn of Justice thing going on though e.g. Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman. They're more serious in nature, and Ben Affleck proved all the skeptics wrong. He's straight up BATMAN, no director rendition :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I could never get into the Avenger series. I'm into the Dawn of Justice thing going on though e.g. Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman. They're more serious in nature, and Ben Affleck proved all the skeptics wrong. He's straight up BATMAN, no director rendition :D
I thought it was better than advertised and Affleck was the best thing in it. I'd still say Guardians was the best mix of narrative elements in the genre and that most of the films are forgettable outside of special effects.