Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm watching that one.
Sculley's character is so much different than X-files.

The serial killer gets caught and confesses.
He takes police to a woodland area where a body is supposed to be.
A distraught husband of one of his victims shoots him and puts him in the hospital where he survives.
But he has lost his memory due to his injuries.
They cannot prosecute him for crimes he is not aware of.
So the race is on to prove if he is faking the "memory loss" or not.

Yes.

Using the spoiler tags [spoiler][/spoiler] with a warning of what is to follow would have been nice, no? ;)

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But but but ..... I wanna talk about the show!!!!! Not just tell folks to watch.

What did ya think of the ending?
Have ya seen the end yet?

I can only say that,

Spoiler

I am watching the final season now and have not yet finished it. Two episodes remain.
See how I obscured what was to come for those in my situation?

:AMR:

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Finding Dory was about what I expected at this point, amazing to look at and with an emotional hook that really added weight to the whole of the film toward the ending. I won't give it away for anyone who hasn't seen the movie, except to say it involves shells. :) Another Pixar gem, though I think they've mined this one for all it's worth.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rogue One is excellent. The Force Awakens was righting the ship after Ewoks and the prequels. This was over the top and shows me Episode 8 will also progress forward. I don't think they could have done it any better. Without divulging a spoiler, hidden below, they threw me a bone without over doing it. And the audience applauded. Something I have not seen since 1977. As there was no applause at the end of Empire Strikes Back, and why would there be?

Spoiler
Oscar Schindler

They used Grand Moff Tarkin just right. They used Vader just right. They used Princess Leia just right.

Well, when the Weasley mom dispatched Bellatrix Lestrange there was some applause. But not at the end of the film.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Watched the force awakens yesterday and actually enjoyed it

hated it the first time through, but it's grown on me :thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bad Santa 2

Pass this one up.
I had not seen the first one, but had heard a little of it and thought it would be just a drunken mall Santa that said a few off color comments.
I imagined it would be similar to Walter Matthau in Bad News Bears.

It was downright raunchy and we walked out.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Watched the force awakens yesterday and actually enjoyed it

hated it the first time through, but it's grown on me :thumb:

You mean the Episode IV remake :chuckle:

It manages to make up for it's lacking originality with charm, I'll give it that :idunno:
JJ Abrams decided to play it too safe, and that's what held VII back.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
never been much of a star wars fan

might have to go back and watch the series

enjoyed Ant-Man the other day - Michael Douglas was great (although they never explained why a gazillionaire tech genius would be driving a seventies vintage triumph spitfire, one of the most under-powered "sportscars" of the period)

and evangeline lilly was great too :Shimei:

a double dose of michael penna:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You know, I was only just wondering what beloved classic Guy Richie would set his sights on destroying next. It's been a while since he reduced the thoughtful hero of Doyle to an action figure with a penchant for women's clothing.

Turns out the answer is almost here and this time he's going bigger...King Arthur will be the next victim of the fabled director's touch.

As they say, I can't hardly wait.