Give me biblical support for Christmas.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I read your discourse with one of the posters here.
Which means it was public, as I said. How did you come up in it?

You were trying so hard to prove I am non-believer.
I don't have to prove you're a heretic. You've been clear enough in your postings on the trinity and Paul. It would be as pointless as trying to prove aCW is interested in speaking about homosexuals.

It was long, long discussion.
So you say. I don't believe you, though I believe you believe it. Or, quote me. I'd like to see it, that long, long conversation about you. I don't believe I ever will though.

Not too many people try to slander so hard like you do with friendly manner.
You mean libel. Slander would be something said, not written, but to answer you on the point: no, that's not true and you won't illustrate the contrary using actual quotes from me.

You are always speak like gentleman yet what you say is so negative message.
Rather, I can differ fundamentally and strongly and still be a friend provided the difference remains rooted in the thing and doesn't become personal. Failing that, I am civil with those who are civil with me and harsh with those who insist on it, though I'd say anyone looking across my initial answer to the author would be hard pressed to find anything that wasn't an amiable attempt to define and meet difference reasonably. Then Clefty came in with lols and insults and another conversation.

To be fair, I prefer what he did to what you did here. You tried to push me gently into a fight and I responded gently and clearly instead. When that failed you did what you always meant to for the reason that spilled out in the middle of it. I'm not your villain. I'm not your judge. But I see you clearly enough and I'm not going to lie to you about it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Which means it was public, as I said. How did you come up in it?

I don't have to prove you're a heretic. You've been clear enough in your postings on the trinity and Paul. It would be as pointless as trying to prove aCW is interested in speaking about homosexuals.

So you say. I don't believe you, though I believe you believe it. Or, quote me. I'd like to see it, that long, long conversation about you. I don't believe I ever will though.

You mean libel. Slander would be something said, not written, but to answer you on the point: no, that's not true and you won't illustrate the contrary using actual quotes from me.

Rather, I can differ fundamentally and strongly and still be a friend provided the difference remains rooted in the thing and doesn't become personal. Failing that, I am civil with those who are civil with me and harsh with those who insist on it, though I'd say anyone looking across my initial answer to the author would be hard pressed to find anything that wasn't an amiable attempt to define and meet difference reasonably. Then Clefty came in with lols and insults and another conversation.

To be fair, I prefer what he did to what you did here. You tried to push me gently into a fight and I responded gently and clearly instead. When that failed you did what you always meant to for the reason that spilled out in the middle of it. I'm not your villain. I'm not your judge. But I see you clearly enough and I'm not going to lie to you about it.

It was Jerusha who was defending me as a Christian, but you were going on and on how wrong she is to claim otherwise.

She finally stopped after days and days of discoursing. She is trinity believer yet she never claim non-trins as non-belivers because they acknowlege Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It was Jerusha who was defending me as a Christian, but you were going on and on how wrong she is to claim otherwise.
So someone else brought you up and attempted to make a case and I answered.

She finally stopped after days and days of discoursing.
Sorry, but no. I've never had days and days of conversation about any poster I wasn't speaking to directly.

She is trinity believer yet she never claim non-trins as non-belivers because they acknowlege Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
I wrote a bit, then decided Aquinas said it better than what I was cobbling. A selection from his Summa Theologica:

...it is impossible to believe explicitly in the mystery of the incarnation of Christ without faith in the Trinity. For the mystery of the incarnation of Christ includes that the Son of God took flesh, that he made the world new through the grace of the Holy Spirit, and that he was conceived by the Holy Ghost. Hence just as before the time of Christ the mystery of his incarnation was believed explicitly by the wise, and implicitly and as it were obscurely by the simple, so also was the mystery of the Trinity believed in the same manner. But now that grace has been revealed, it is necessary for everybody to believe in the Trinity explicitly. Moreover, all who are born again in Christ are reborn through invocation of the Trinity, in accordance with Matt.28:19: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So someone else brought you up and attempted to make a case and I answered.

Sorry, but no. I've never had days and days of conversation about any poster I wasn't speaking to directly.

I wrote a bit, then decided Aquinas said it better than what I was cobbling. A selection from his Summa Theologica:

...it is impossible to believe explicitly in the mystery of the incarnation of Christ without faith in the Trinity. For the mystery of the incarnation of Christ includes that the Son of God took flesh, that he made the world new through the grace of the Holy Spirit, and that he was conceived by the Holy Ghost. Hence just as before the time of Christ the mystery of his incarnation was believed explicitly by the wise, and implicitly and as it were obscurely by the simple, so also was the mystery of the Trinity believed in the same manner. But now that grace has been revealed, it is necessary for everybody to believe in the Trinity explicitly. Moreover, all who are born again in Christ are reborn through invocation of the Trinity, in accordance with Matt.28:19: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."

Yes, you did that with her like you are doing it with clefty. I know you will not stop unless clefty stops.

Jerusha was defending me because it is wrong to judge another Christian as heretic.

Jesus says not to judge. You disregard too many of Jesus' word. Many, many trinity believers do that. Pride is not of Jesus.

clefty

Right. Though why not just use the quote function?

No, I don't and I told you why the last time you wrote that.

You said His birth was the act that began our redemption...then said something else later when corrected

There's nothing ironic in it. It's pointing out another flaw in your approach.
the celebration of the cross does ignore creation as the Sabbath which celebrates it is replaced by a celebration of the cross...

The cross however does not replace the prior law as both He and His followers kept it the following day...the Sabbath

See, your Catholic hostility is throwing shadows all over this conversation.
because your Yuletide holidaze originates with it...not the earlier church and certainly not in scripture

Here's the simple logic that escapes you: pointing out the value of one thing in no way inherently devalues another.
your ascribing value to a day it's celebration not asked of you but prohibited means exactly you devalue what He wishes for you...

Seriously, you don't have to keep hammering the point. It's impossible to miss your feeling of moral superiority, even when you masked it with others uncompromising...though that one lasted about as long as it took me to suggest you meant you.
seriously you are "bringin in da sin" when all I did was show the moral superiority of others who saw defilement and fled from it...

Or you're proud, wrong, and assumptive.
bold in Him declaring the message of repentance to those loathe to see it...

Only one of us is casting blame. I'm simply telling you that you create a sin that you should then avoid. But you aren't creating it for me.
yup nothing defiles an already defiled heart...

Everyone does. Do you think you're better than Eve? Or are you simply forgiven?
of course we fail...is why after being forgiven we Eve and I would rather flee next time and go and sin no more than be near anything that might compromise us...certainly not repeat that which we rationalized as "ther is no sin" into "I sin not"

I think you're doing enough of the loathing for both of us. It's peculiar.
as His people are...hating what He hates not baptising demon's houses...

You appear to have an issue with my rhetorical ability. You try to reduce it to something you can look down on, which seems to be a theme for you.
funny how I always have to look up to the pretty talkers with boastful words...His truth I attempt to speak with stuttering tongue lays waste the pharoahs not in line with Him

I'd agree you do that a great deal, read sin and horror into silence.
not my fault these fruits of arguing from silence grows...it remains simple either for or against...either as He did or not at all...as for me and my house we will serve the Lord...His way

That's still not a remotely close representation of my answer, but if the truth pains you I suppose you have to go with another option.
that is exactly your answer...that you are not sinning in your Yuletide holydaze

I get you. Your God is the law and your worship is loathing, judgment and chastisement. You think that's novel and true, but it's only painful and needless. The law demonstrated our insufficiency, but the cross wasn't erected to condemn us, but to save us in an act of love.
my God is also His law and I loathe what He loathes judge what He does and chastises what He does...the cross was erected BECAUSE we would/could not change to save those who understand their need of Him His way in this case you have no need of either but stand condemned and demand its grace and mercy but without its power to change and do as He did...or go and at least TRY and sin no more...or at least TRY and see the sin of not doing as He did

Odd how often you show upon in a sentence purporting to be about Him. When you speak for Him instead of Him you boast.
odd how you attempt to bring da sin when I see as He does...

These are not acts absent will or realization. Who recalls half their failings in a day?

I spoke to will, not memory.
discerning error and hidden faults is not a result of biology or its memory loss...discerning error is self evaluation as to whose will is being done...hidden faults relates to impact on others whether it be edifying or cause for stumble...

Is it your will to do as He did...JUST AS?

If I said it you'd accuse me of self-justification. But the fact is we cannot apply that without context or all of Christendom grinds to a halt for fear of someone's misunderstanding.
let it we don't need it but Him...is why He promised a Comforter and leaves scripture to help us discern our errors and reveal our hidden faults...and as Christendom would have you celebrate His birth is why it will grind to a halt...and is already

No one, least of all me, has argued about whether or not Jews celebrated birthdays, though what is celebrated with Christ is a bit larger than the literal day. Rather, it is marked as something unique in the history of man, just as angels, shepherds, wise men, and the God who set a star over Bethlehem noted.

Noted once and never again did even the heavens point to Bethlehem again...however other festivals you reject are continued which His calander and heavens reveal...ironic

And yet you pronounce on matters of faith in a voice that leaves no observable room for fallibility.
lol...a keyboard can still only convey the Spirit...if my inspired argument is condemning it is of Him His rightness His way...not my own I seek to enforce

While I find the judgment arrogant, the sentiment that flows from it is wonderful at the end. I think that's probably what should have happened between us after a pass. I will pray for you and you for me and God will work out His desire in both of us.
Indeed, HalleluYah and may the chaff of this be rid to reveal a kernel of truth which is in line with HIM HIS WAY...

I've been having that argument with our Catholic brethren for ages. And others tied up in works. I love my neighbor and seek the good because I find pleasure in His pleasure. Love is compelling. Gratitude in love is overwhelming.
I more powerful testimony would be to exemplify His Way. I guarantee His pleasure can be your own and overwhelming everyday and not just the dark days of winter...gratitude compels my obedience to His way as naturally as I obey natural laws to breath fresh air and drink clean water...I am as you might say addicted...a slave to all that which is good...and better...His Way...go and sin no more

You're the one between us accusing the other of sin. Rather, I said, "To say a thing is not a sin is not to say, "I sin NOT".
call it tough love brother...you remind me of those countless friends and loved ones who I hold up from stumbling as they have to insist "I ain't drunk"...because they saw no sin prior to drinking...heaven help those that lost loved ones to drivers who insisted the same...having thought prior the same

If I did then I did a poor job of what I meant to say, which was that you attempt it and that it would be a sin in your house.
it is a sin in my house as mine is dedicated to pleasing Him...HIS WAY

That's the Pope in you again, and a bit of vanity, assuming that the error is in the greater part of those who love Him. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's improbability should at least make us humble and careful, and meek in approach.
sadly our time together has made me sense (in error) you don't respect meekness or those who are not bold courageous even if wrong...

oh and the improbability of the error in Christendom is only decreased as you begin to clear your vision and see the work the devil has done to deceive the world...by its individuals...

Merely reverse engineer the contraption built and you're already closer to that early ekklessia known as the followers of the Way...the much older way as "st" Stephen called it the church in the wilderness

Narrow is the path its gate...few that walk...

You want me to be righteous as you see it. And so long as the concern is for me it's good. But concern for me should evidence itself in how you approach me and the thing you believe is an unintended corruption.
I admit getting your attention was badly done...lol...and apologize to Him first for squandering a potential chance and to you...perhaps too zealous for His law...in which I delight and merely wish for others...

Again I pray you see as He sees...and as He does see sin...

Pray for me that I love as He did...

Spoken prior and answered prior.
they saw no wrong...you see no wrong...

But I didn't ask that, so your yes isn't a yes and that's a problem for you.

I won't ask you again. Silence can be a sort of answer.

You didn't ask what I would have to answer...until then there is Yah His Son Yahushua and the Holy Spirit...

Silence does answer...and is an answer...some fill it and most with error...

Christendom especially has sought to fill the void when His way was thought indiscernible...

adding even the Mass of Christ...

and Constantine breaking the Creator's calendar to fix Christendom's Easter on his own...well your half of it at least

meshak

BANNED
Banned
do you have faith that Christ will gather in all of His flock?

Of course I do.

All His true followers will unite when the time comes.

So that's why we better strive to not to sin.

If we have been just lip servers, we will not be with Him.