Give me biblical support for Christmas.

clefty

I understand that you're trying to make as fine a point as you can in order to wave a flag at it, but the act of his birth was a beginning of the life of Christ that led to the offering of grace. You should quote me anyway, for the context.
You said His birth was THE act that began our redemption...you might have intended to mean a greater context but your desire to defend your Christmas celebration elevated its importance to what you said...THE
Act that began...

You might as well be saying that our redemption is timeless since it begins with God, but all you do is water the point of language to attempt a point that doesn't alter the argument.
Ok I will...our redemption is timeless since it begins with God...duh...kinda why His birth was not made into a tradition...Sabbath was...to celebrate creation His first act of mercy and His grace that we could still keep it after the initial rebellion...Passover certainly is certainly a tradition to celebrate being redeemed from Egypt and sin...six other festivals established...oh and the prohibitions to celebrate with false worship are also acts of redemption as they keep us focused on the Redeemer and Savior not on trees and decorations and Ham...

Then you're doing it wrong.
I am not but much of Christendom is...

I celebrate on Sabbath my Creator and Redeemer...His death merely a part of another already established festival of Passover and His resurrection celebrated as first fruits...on specific dates...His calendar...and not on those of an entirely different calendar with eggs and bunnies and magic bread turned to flesh of a bloodless perpetual sacrifice...

I never said replaced. I said fulfilled.
fine...you didn't once fulfilled you replaced it...He having "fulfilled" it continued to keep the Sabbath as did His followers...Christendom wished to celebrate and keep something else...man's tradition

Find a priest and argue about the oldest church.
argue what? He will agree with me that Christmas was not in the early church...but pagan tradition was baptized as even honest posters here attest

Except it isn't prohibited.
What is not for is against...what is not asked for is false...vanity and false worship is prohibited

You mean people like you. Your crowd. And I don't agree with you.
Its not about me but even other Christians are ok with the pagan origins...those idols were baptized...is why they don't see the sin no more either...

The LOLs really underscore that...or, you're wrong.
LoLs weren't in relation to the message of repentance...you merely carried them into it...lol

Thanks, I should have said wrong and smug.
Confirming what is true has a sense of "a-ha"

And what He said about it's not what comes into the body which defiles...but that it comes at all is because the body already is defiled is here well displayed...you don't see the sin of learning the ways of the pagans as you choose not to see it...

There is no sin in all sorts of things and where there is not sin the doing is not sin and you sin not. Trying to make that general enough to be alarming is just hooey on your part and a bit deceptive.
your wrong from the starting gate...there is sin everywhere and even Pharisees sinned in their not doing sin...lol

:plain: So, lacking a rational rebuttal on the illustration of your assimilation problem you're reduced to that.
one is reduced to referring to Church father's teaching? But he commends exactly what you do...take what was profane and use it while "thinking of Him"

Rather, worth noting that you go out of your way (twice now) to degrade the value of a thing. Adding boast to it doesn't really alter the error in it or cover what that usually notes in a person. And no one said you had to "look up" to well executed rhetoric. The absence of condemnation isn't the presence of praise any more than the absence of command notes the presence of prohibition. But I can see how you get there, considering your tendency.
I don't He does...He degrades the value of all He has not ordained...actually there is no absence of command and still the presence of prohibition for vanity is ignored...or seen as absent

No, that's not proud at all, is it. :plain:
taking examples from scripture is preferred then from the pagans...

Same pride problem and I bet you had vaccinations that Jesus never had. I bet you've run into all sorts of unique situations and had to apply your principles to them in the absence of example.
sure some cases better than others and some still unresolved but as for not celebrating the Mass of Christ as pagans do is well resolved...as for the others...maybe I can even get some tips from you...maybe

I'm going to sum for the sake of time I don't have to waste today: you believe you know exactly what God wants and demands and precisely what He doesn't, with scripture or in its silences, and anyone who doesn't agree with you on any particular point, is wrong and lesser.
regarding Christmas yes...that point...and if not agreed with well then let's hash it out...as I am the weaker brother...I admit I see sin far too often and yearn to flee...like one who has learned alcohol is indeed a poison and also lost loved ones to it...

In fact how about this...I delight in His law and wish to do it like one drowning in water seeks air...

And I think you're half rational on a good day and lazy on a bad one.
as we both know what we think of each other isn't as important as what He thinks of us...you might be right and I have missed many pleasant times around the Yuletide log...however you might be wrong with it...

Not worth the risk of losing Him...to what is clear He hates...vanity and false worship men's traditions

You presented the psalm and I noted an answer. I'll make this particular argument easier: name a sin you do without knowing it.
that is just it...I can't...you might be right that I am vain boastful and judging but until I see it...well I can just claim you bring da sin...

naming it would mean I am aware of it...but even good parents realize they are being watched and fail without intending to...

Paul makes it clear that if the lesser stumbles refrain...I am not always aware of the lesser brother and may cause him to stumble by what I do or say...

So some things become sin if you do them twice? :plain:
some He even winks at...but once you know the commandment and return to your own like vomit well that is a graver matter...sin against the Spirit which begs you to follow Him His way...not your previous one...

Back to the humility clause then. Scripture speaks for Him. You at best speak of Him. When you confuse those you err and invite sin (along with looking like a grade-A, hostile doofus who thinks he's the Pope...a thing you detest in anyone else.
see? I don't see that I am a pope...He has the luxury of setting the rule and enforcing it...but ONLY His Will has lasting repercussions and if you go against it...I just go on and on about Him His Way and that of REPENT...good new gospel...worship in TRUTH and Spirit...lots of not true about the manner of mass of Christ ya dig?

Are you meek and humble then? Or do you forgive your manner by ascribing the bold to it? I'm not saying I do a good job of that either, but I haven't elected myself Pope either, so...
Others must tell me if I am or not...meek and humble not pope...so judge as you must

That's proud enough, don't you think. Countless people you hold up in their error because of your...clarity?
sobriety...not clarity...I was referring to the faith and Spirit which I have come to receive to overcome alcohol and not have to slur "I ain't drunk"

And now merely attempt to aid others their own path...and when I see something He hates...well I make them aware of it...they can deny but at least I answered His calling to feed His sheep...

I don't believe that anyone is confused on whether or not you believe the distinction between you and anyone who differs is your righteousness and pure desire. You've been pretty clear on the point prior.
That we differs is not my righteousness...that I wish to follow Him His way makes me differs as a result of it...I don't love the world of anything of the world...that will make anyone peculiar...

I'd have to have a chance to respond to a thing I haven't seen in you, so that's some observation on your part.
what meekness?...seeing others ok what He hates is calling it out...you can respond in kind and disagree...a better job than I have...your defense of your doing has succeeded my attack...

Well, thank goodness you're better than the rest, clearer of eye and mind, so you can save most of Christendom from the horrible error of...a different exegesis.
lol...can't even convince you to keep from doing what He hates...but thanks for the flattery...

Have you a ring?
just wasted much time on you regarding vanity obviously...

Narrower still is the mind that confuses that scripture with personal infallibility in its application.
you would know but how else to respond to ad Homs...light the fire be done with it...you wish to continue without protest...I merely seek instruction and correction and give in kind...

See, it's nearly impossible to reconcile that with just about everything that proceeded it, including much of this post. Were I to credit that spirit and understanding I think you'd have had to amend practice to some extent...at least in this document.

You do as you wish...congratulations...

Same here.
really?...well let's see

My prayer is a bit simpler. I want you, me and everyone to experience grace, gratitude, and a prosperous walk with Him, wherever He leads you.
brought me this far...

Either Jesus is God or He isn't. A yes is a yes and a no is a no. It's not complicated.

Nope it isn't...and yes He is...One with His Father even...same Loves and same hatreds...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I never call anyone "non-believer" or "cult" or "unsaved".
Never said you did. Well, by extension you've said everyone is unsaved.

But you do.
I mostly don't, though I can recognize heresy when it matters. You should really have read me in your rush to post another judgment. And I can recognize a cult too. I own a pretty good dictionary.

That's your spiritual fruit, judgmental.
I tell you what. You quote me doing it and I'll start listing the quotes of your judging "mainstream" Christianity and, really, nearly anyone who takes exception to you. I don't think you want to go on a post by post comparison there.

You think so highly of yourselves.
Still just me here, but you don't seem to be doing too bad in your own opinion either. :nono:

You are judgmental but I don't call you "unsaved".
Sounds like we're in agreement then, except what I'd say is that I know Jesus, who He is and what He promised and by that I am saved and His. You, I don't know. I know you don't know who He is, because you've told me so. I know you don't trust His word, because you've told me so. I know that makes you a heretic. What God does with you is His.

I don't run around the joint talking about non-trinitarians or starting fights with them. But when one takes the time to publicly decry who He is I take exception and I always will. If that gets under your skin then I can't help you on the point.

The Judgement day is not here and Jesus will do His job of judging.
I agree, though not in the way you must mean it.

Saved or not is not your business, it is Jesus
Except you only just said no one was saved, but that Jesus would get to it. That seems like you making it yours.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Most of this is rehash so I'll stick with a couple of points...
You said His birth was THE act that began our redemption...
Clarified and then some, but I'm not arguing Christmas with you. I've said what I mean to on it and see nothing new here and little point in extending it until the next season.

What is not for is against...
That's how you feel, but it isn't Biblical, or God is against penicillin.

On the willful nature of sin, I wrote: You presented the psalm and I noted an answer. I'll make this particular argument easier: name a sin you do without knowing it.

that is just it...I can't...
No one can, because there's no such animal. We may sin a hundred times a day and miss considering half of them or remembering any or most, but each act remains our own.

see? I don't see that I am a pope
Well, I set out the comparison. You appear to be certain that you're right enough on every point of scripture that you're free with insulting those who differ and comfortable in speaking for Him, instead of speaking from and of your understanding of Him, which is a different thing and one that should require humility and meekness. Boldness is only in proclaiming what He has said. It is not found in our application of it to our understanding.

and when I see something He hates...well I make them aware of it...they can deny but at least I answered His calling to feed His sheep...
I'd say the difference between speaking of and for, between a proud overstepping and a worry borne in humility is found in how you make someone aware, by which I mean your understanding of Him, not His understanding through you.

you would know but how else to respond to ad Homs
You would never had needed to if you hadn't begun and continued with insult from the beginning. Your first post began with your calling any contrary opinion a lie that needed more. Or, don't take a swing at people then complain about their hospitality.

Nope it isn't...and yes He is...One with His Father even...same Loves and same hatreds.
If Jesus is God then what's your complaint about the trinity?

clefty

Most of this is rehash so I'll stick with a couple of points...

Clarified and then some, but I'm not arguing Christmas with you. I've said what I mean to on it and see nothing new here and little point in extending it until the next season.
what season? Easter? The biggest of Church holydaze? Can't see why you wouldn't be up for discussing man's traditions even further...

That's how you feel, but it isn't Biblical, or God is against penicillin.
see? Right there. It's not the thing itself but that it is needed to start with. Your use of props and even dates is because you need it. That is what He detests...

What is penicillin known for? A cure for STDS...hmmmm imagine living lives not needing that...wounds? Again why all the warfare?

Living as He did would certainly not increase the need of it...STDs war penicillin

On the willful nature of sin, I wrote: You presented the psalm and I noted an answer. I'll make this particular argument easier: name a sin you do without knowing it.

No one can, because there's no such animal. We may sin a hundred times a day and miss considering half of them or remembering any or most, but each act remains our own.
and yet we are to sacrifice atone for them never the less...you may sin or you may not...the latter is why this discussion...but you see no sin here

as for considering half of them we are to consider all of them...but given your gaze you see none...yes memory loss is especially acute in the distracted superficial mind...symptoms itself of further defilement

We are to be sober and mindful...confessing all...and going and sinning NO MORE...

Ironically we should wish to do so want to do AS He did...for we are already His...given His grace unmerited...but some use grace as a pass or filter that allows them to get past sin...keep on keeping on...claiming insult when challenged or rebuked for not transforming lives into reflecting Him and not practices of man...

Well, I set out the comparison. You appear to be certain that you're right enough on every point of scripture that you're free with insulting those who differ and comfortable in speaking for Him, instead of speaking from and of your understanding of Him, which is a different thing and one that should require humility and meekness. Boldness is only in proclaiming what He has said. It is not found in our application of it to our understanding.
"If you love me keep My commandments" does not include celebrating a command to keep His birthday...or inject penicillin is true...but imagine not needing either which is the boldness of living as He did...speaking as He did...

It is the message and call to repentance not how it is said or who speaks it...

correction or condemnation is deafening and considered insulting to the ones deserving even if spoken in a whisper with pleasantries...we tend to remember it and inflate the damage as having been done not merely revealed...

I'd say the difference between speaking of and for, between a proud overstepping and a worry borne in humility is found in how you make someone aware, by which I mean your understanding of Him, not His understanding through you.
is why I speak as I do...I am not talking to those who are unsure or uncertain as to how they are to live and love but to those who have given it much thought and rationalization and add clever word plays to defend their considered lifestyle...they are bold and secure and obviously remain so as they merely accuse each messenger...

You would never had needed to if you hadn't begun and continued with insult from the beginning. Your first post began with your calling any contrary opinion a lie that needed more. Or, don't take a swing at people then complain about their hospitality.
your rationalization is insulting from the beginning

"To say a thing is not prescribed is not to say the observation is proscribed. This sort of hyperliteralism is needless and itself unprescribed. Where does the Bible condone pews and hymnals? And so on."

Observation not prescribed is false especially its form and manner...many examples in scripture to attest that...Eve's observation of the fruit and serpent...Cains observation of the sacrifice...and so it goes...man and his traditions...

I spoke to that with Carlstadt who came to conlude that music in the worship hour was also not useful but a distraction...as were images...ceased observing both...he also restored Sabbath keeping so there is a pattern here...remove what is proscribes clears the view to better see what is prescribed...

As for pews...I am against that form as well...as if there is only one enlightened and from the front...the whole apparatus was for the people to be indoctrinated and from one man his system...but yes masses are comfortable to an extent but not too...and on and on it goes...

Thanks for your time

your defense of what is indefensible is bold and courageous and obviously thought defended by one of us...carry on...

If Jesus is God then what's your complaint about the trinity?
I answered your question and I am not complaining here about that...you bringin da sin...and are insulting...lol

clefty

You see TH, you are trying to put the word into clefty's mouth.

I believe clefty is Trinitarian. You want him to judge non-trins.

You are deceitful.

I wish you two would make it about the topic of the thread rather than be all distracted:

Constantine the Great… Constantine can rightfully claim the title of Great, for he turned the history of the world into a new course and made Christianity...the religion of the State… it is easy to understand that many of the emperors yielded to the delusion that they could unite all their subjects in the adoration of the one sun-god who combined in himself the Father-God of the Christians and the much-worshipped Mithras; thus the empire could be founded anew on unity of religion. Even Constantine…cherished this mistaken belief… Could not Sol Deus Invictus, to whom even Constantine dedicated his coins for a long time, or Sol Mithras Deus Invictus, venerated by Diocletian and Galerius, become the supreme god of the empire? Constantine may have pondered over this. Nor had he absolutely rejected the thought even after a miraculous event had strongly influenced him in favour of the God of the Christians... It is true that the believers in Mithras also observed Sunday as well as Christmas. Consequently Constantine speaks not of the day of the Lord, but of the everlasting day of the sun. (Herbermann C., Georg Gp. Constantine the Great. The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 4. Nihil Obstat. Remy Lafort, Censor. Imprimatur. +John M. Farley, Archbishop of New York. New York: Robert Appleton Company, 1908).

http://www.cogwriter.com/christmas.htm

Yup...learn not the ways of the pagans...

Either for or against...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You see TH, you are trying to put the word into clefty's mouth.
No, I'm recalling his earlier work, like I told you. Are you listening to what I'm saying or just waiting on your chance to hammer something out?

I believe clefty is Trinitarian.
I had the opposite impression, but it's like pulling teeth all of the sudden. No idea why.

You want him to judge non-trins.
How do you do that anyway?

You are deceitful
No, I'm really not, but thanks for the judgment, you queen of unintended irony you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, I'm recalling his earlier work, like I told you. Are you listening to what I'm saying or just waiting on your chance to hammer something out?

I had the opposite impression, but it's like pulling teeth all of the sudden. No idea why.

How do you do that anyway?

No, I'm really not, but thanks for the judgment, you queen of unintended irony you.

sorry, I will not interrupt Clefty's purpose.

I am done with thread.

good day:)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
see? Right there.
You can't suggest silence is prohibition without looking like someone who isn't really thinking his own point through.

It's not the thing itself but that it is needed to start with.
That what is needed to start with?

Your use of props and even dates is because you need it. That is what He detests...
Reason isn't a prop, it's a God given faculty. Dates are conveniences, not commandments in this context and no, you detest it and it blinds you.

What is penicillin known for? A cure for STDS...hmmmm imagine living lives not needing that...wounds? Again why all the warfare?
:plain: I think I'm getting a clearer and clearer picture of that tendency of yours to go off half-cocked and fashion absurd rules from tiny windows of information. Penicillin fights infections. Ear infections in children, strep throat, sinus infections...a host of things really.

Living as He did would certainly not increase the need of it...STDs war penicillin
You just find the sin in a spoon, don't you. "Spoon??? What's that for, SHOOTING HEROIN?????" And so on. :plain:

I wrote: You presented the psalm and I noted an answer. I'll make this particular argument easier: name a sin you do without knowing it...No one can, because there's no such animal. We may sin a hundred times a day and miss considering half of them or remembering any or most, but each act remains our own.

and yet we are to sacrifice atone for them never the less
No, we were. That's the unfulfilled law. Christ's sacrifice is sufficient. Grace is sufficient, if we accept it. But at least we're making progress and we're past the sin that just sneaks up and attaches to us without our intent.

...but you see no sin here
I can't see what isn't there. You can't help seeing what you insist on being (and because you insist it is a sin for you).

And that's really the distinction and always has been between us.

Ironically we should wish to do so want to do AS He did
Yes and no. No as regards temple practices that were in place before the cross that rendered them moot/yes in that we should love our neighbor as ourselves and God above all.

"If you love me keep My commandments" does not include celebrating a command to keep His birthday
He didn't command Mary to wash his feet with her hair or pour nard on him either. But he didn't seem to be offended by it or mistake it for something other than an act of love...but then, he didn't have you among the twelve to remind him.

your rationalization is insulting from the beginning
...you bringin da sin...and are insulting...lol
And that's another difference between us. You decide to be offended by reason and offer insult without it. I'm insulted by being called a liar and by the absence of reason in support.

sorry, I will not interrupt Clefty's purpose.
You said that already.

I am done with thread.
That too.

At this rate you'll be bowing out until next December. :shocked:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or your thoughts on that quote or link...or bday parties for Jesus or not...
It is always a mistake to trivialize great matters. Serious men approach them soberly. If you don't mean to be mistaken, correct your methodology. I leave the floor to you and whoever wants to take up the cause. I've said what I can and heard enough to say, "When."

clefty

You can't suggest silence is prohibition without looking like someone who isn't really thinking his own point through.
sure I can...

Silence on a matter actually forces real thought through to a point one owns as his own...

just as I can't expect a mother with a splitting headache to list all the items in the house her child can NOT make noise with...I can expect the child to think about it...really and through to his own point...

It's juveniles who argue "But you didn't specify x or y or z" or "But I meant to play a song for you with these pots and pans and shotgun blasts"

In fact some out of love or fear go to the other extreme and move not at all in fear of making a noise...

It is true of the two the latter usually presses the undeclared unspecified prohibition on others who may walk in...

That what is needed to start with?
well in the case of Christmas He hates that holydaze since in order we may remember His birth as part of our redemption it takes not merely Spirit and Truth...but additions man made...

And as for penicillin He hates that because with it so many continue as if nothing in biology would stop them...or that we needs to use medicine at all...

Not so much that He is against medicine or all things good for us but gray areas develop quickly and demand Claritin...I mean clarity...

Reason isn't a prop, it's a God given faculty.
yes it isn't a prop meant to be used and not to prop up our reasons but FIND HIM HIS...

Dates are conveniences,
ah yes but why the need for a date to remember something not asked to remember but actually asked to not set and remember as pagans do...He hates we 1)need a date at all to remember something we should everyday 2) set the date no where near the actual one so it is false 3) a date so easily associated with other pagan ways...

not commandments in this context and no, you detest it and it blinds you.
my detest is learned from His detest and I actually see better am not blinded...you however are blinded from seeing what He detests...

:plain: I think I'm getting a clearer and clearer picture of that tendency of yours to go off half-cocked and fashion absurd rules from tiny windows of information. Penicillin fights infections. Ear infections in children, strep throat, sinus infections...a host of things really.
all of which He hates...

again it's not the penicillin but that it must be used...He has no prohibition against medicine or good healthy living...but certainly does in regard to creating the need for penicillin...

He hated the bronze serpent once the snakes were gone...and its use was no longer valid...

You just find the sin in a spoon, don't you. "Spoon??? What's that for, SHOOTING HEROIN?????" And so on. :plain:
well is it the spoon your lover overdosed with? Bet you won't eat soup with it...How about the car that ran over your child? The booze that inepriated the driver...the driver...

Use the spoon in a service to the Lord unprescribed even outlawed and well you should now see a hated spoon...

Spoons are also used for other things...is a decorated evergreen tree? Yes and no...YES for prior tradition evergreen was used for other celebrations to other gods...and NO only once a year to help remind of baby Jesus...so it's really not like a spoon...but could be

again the disobedient Hebrews could have used a golden lamb or photo of Him...that it was needed and used at all is the sin...

I wrote: You presented the psalm and I noted an answer. I'll make this particular argument easier: name a sin you do without knowing it...No one can, because there's no such animal. We may sin a hundred times a day and miss considering half of them or remembering any or most, but each act remains our own.

No, we were. That's the unfulfilled law. Christ's sacrifice is sufficient. Grace is sufficient, if we accept it. But at least we're making progress and we're past the sin that just sneaks up and attaches to us without our intent.
Christ's sacrifice IS sufficient...for what again? Aaah yes to forgive sin pay the debt His grace given to the repentant? Or unrepentant? For some sins repented or all...?

How about sins we choose not to repent because we don't see it as sin...?

Grace provides vision into how to avoid and confess further sin...Heb. 10:26 is clear there remains no sacrifice for sins committed after we know the Truth...so once you know STOP...but you don't need to stop because you refuse to see Truth...good on you

I can't see what isn't there. You can't help seeing what you insist on being (and because you insist it is a sin for you).
ok bang away if you must...make all the noise you want...may mom's grace not be tested...

And that's really the distinction and always has been between us.
what is inside us is indeed different...

And that one of us understands this

Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law excuses not" and "ignorance of law excuses no one" respectively) is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because one was unaware of it...

Yes and no. No as regards temple practices that were in place before the cross that rendered them moot/yes in that we should love our neighbor as ourselves and God above all.
I will take that yes as to include loving our neighbor and ourselves and God above all is JUST AS HE DID...to Love the Love He loved...includes no Christmas Tree or Ham...He had 30+ years to do so...throw a bday party for His family and loved ones...who wouldn't love that? but He didn't...

Maybe He understood what His Parent meant with "make no noise..."

He didn't command Mary to wash his feet with her hair or pour nard on him either. But he didn't seem to be offended by it or mistake it for something other than an act of love...but then, he didn't have you among the twelve to remind him.
nor did she use ointment known to be used to other gods...nor did He or others decide a tradition of washing feet with perfume or statues of feet...

An act of love is continuing the perpetual sacrifice of His death for His birthday just is macabre...assimilating pagan practices when asked NOT to is well just rebellious adultery...despite "but we thought of YOU"

And that's another difference between us. You decide to be offended by reason and offer insult without it. I'm insulted by being called a liar and by the absence of reason in support.
insult without reason? You reject my reasons and hide behind "but mommy didn't say no fly over by MIGS"...your "I see no sin must be ok"...and when corrected "you didn't specify that" or "you brought it in"

So care to comment on the link? The one provided that might challenge your head in the sand at judgement day...

Last edited:

clefty

I don't cerebrate Christmas. It is too worldly, not spiritual.

Yup...and by spiritual you mean not of Yah?...as some think it is very spiritual...reminds them of the beginning act of redemption and such...

Sadly spiritual means many things to many people and many other gods...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yup...and by spiritual you mean not of Yah?...as some think it is very spiritual...reminds them of the beginning act of redemption and such...

Sadly spiritual means many things to many people and many other gods...

Yes, not of God.

It is almost like mocking God with such worldly festivity.

clefty

I agree, my reply was worldly friendly and lukewarm comment.

thank you.

Sadly lukewarm is contagious...

We are far from this:

We have no superstitious regard for times and seasons. Certainly we do not believe in the present ecclesiastical arrangement called Christmas: first, because we do not believe in the mass at all, but abhor it, whether it be said or sung in Latin or in English; and, secondly, because we find no Scriptural warrant whatever for observing any day as the birthday of the Savior; and, consequently, its observance is a superstition, because not of divine authority. (Charles Spurgeon, Sermon on Dec. 24, 1871)."

Certainly from this:

"..What communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial: or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

II Corinthians 6:14-18

Were it still light vs dark but instead we must decide between true light and artificial counterfeit illuminations...

Fortunately we still have shadows that point to the good still to come from the true light...these shadows are our eat and drink, our festivals, the true lunar calendar and the seventh day Sabbath...let no man judge you but the church the body Christ...

16Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath. 17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.…