Give me biblical support for Christmas.

clefty

“Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him; because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” Mark 7:18-19
yes of course it goes into the stomach and into the sewer not into the hear or mind...as if a good Jew ever ate Ham it would not be the Ham that defiled him but the fact that his heart and mind were already defiled distracting him from what is expected...

Now please go back to read the context of Mark 7 the Pharisees were demanding what every good parent should do "wash your hands before you eat!" that was exactly the issue here...eating even clean meat with unwashed hands defiled...just as eating clean meat was defiled if offered to idols or full of blood or strangled...

This was not about eating Ham...no Jew would even consider Ham food...especially Christmas Ham...

there is nothing here purifying food but eliminating it as yes your text finally and clearly states but some earlier translations state purging and some even say purifying (even add something about that here Jesus cleanses all meat or something)

So do you eat human flesh? Why not?...did Paul lie when he said he continued to keep temple law? Did Peter miss something when he understood his vision meant goyim were no longer unclean...and no not to eat them but to preach to them and accept as brothers...as if it meant he could go and get a Ham sandwich...lol

And speaking of brothers...even clean meat was supposed to not be eaten if another brother were offended...

Three of the four demands of the Jerusalem council continued proscriptions to the Gentiles already found in the the church of the wilderness of the OT

1) abstain from food polluted by idols - Leviticus 17:8-9 'Say to them: 'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice and does not bring it to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting to sacrifice it to the LORD--that man must be cut off from his people.' " To guard carefully against idolatry, this command was interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating any meat that had been offered in a prohibited manner. In Rev. 2:14, 20 the words of Jesus show agreement with that interpretation.

2)from sexual immorality - Leviticus 18:6-26 lists a wide range of sexually immoral activities and ends with, "The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things,"

3)from the meat of strangled animals - Leviticus 17:13,15 "Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,
"Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean." These were interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating the meat of strangled animals.

4)and from blood - Leviticus 17:10 "Any Israelite or any alien living among them who eats any blood--I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people."

http://fogwhistle.ca/acts/evidence.html

Are you a citizen of Israel or not? Living JUST AS He is or not?

"Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ." (Col. 2:16-17).

Yes yes yes...Let no one judge you in these things...but the body of Christ...

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/church-history/gods-holy-days-and-human-mistranslations/

These things ARE still shadows pointing to good things to come...not WERE ok? still ARE...thus still binding...

But if you want the law unfulfilled go and fail the law that was given to you so that you would understand the cross and your need for grace. Our covenant is a new one.

And to you fulfilled law means the law was made void annulled...also known as destroyed jots and tittles especially...well He did say think NOT...so why you insist?

This has everything to do with Grace...upon receiving it what do you wish to do as a show of appreciation for all that He did and will do for you? Upon dying to yourself and now living IN HIM...you going to return to your own vomit?

How will you declare to others your love as a love with which He loved...

How will you show your fruits are in the same family as the older trunk and root you were grafted into...

Will you testify you are no longer a foreigner but a citizen of spiritual Israel faithful to its Lord of the Sabbath...that gives rest but is not actually a day of rest...

We are still to work six days...and there is much work yet to do...a harvest...luckily for His people there remains a sabbath keeping...

Or did you expect the promise without being in His covenant? The covenant He signed and sealed at the cross right before His followers continued to hurry and keep the Sabbath as was the commandment...still...

You can take your problems with the Catholics to the Catholics. Sunday? Since you threw Augustine in: [FONT=&]"The [/FONT][FONT=&]Sabbath was the end of the first creation, the Lord's day was the beginning of the second[/FONT][FONT=&], in which he renewed and restored the old in the same way as he prescribed that they should formerly observe the Sabbath as a [/FONT][FONT=&]memorial of the end of the first things[/FONT][FONT=&], so we honor the Lord's day as being [/FONT][FONT=&]the memorial of the new creation[/FONT][FONT=&]" (Athanasius, On Sabbath and Circumcision 3).[/FONT]
where is this in the scripture? Weren't you warned of these wolves? Sacred tradition is merely peer pressure from pretty talking Pharisees...

But why quibble. We who are in Christ rest in the master of the Sabbath, which was made for man, not man for it. But as with Christmas, you should follow in the practice that seems right to you.

Oh thank you...many were killed for less tolerance...killed for not compromising the Lord of the Sabbath and His way...

You do understand how that lordship thingy works yes? The rings give authority and power to the lord of them?

Think NOT that He would destroy the very thing that validates Him as our creator...

"One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God," (Rom. 14:5-6).
as with eating Ham the Sabbath was NOT a doubtful thing to dispute for a believing Pharisee...Paul was clearly speaking of days to fast on not abrogating a Law of God he himself continued to observe...teaching one thing and practicing another would be a LIE a hypocracy...

What part of the Bible do I find Augustine in? And there is a difference between taking a ritual in and replacing a ritual with.
LOL seriously...you don't...he is outside of scripture WAAAAAY out...I didn't quote him as scripture...I quoted him his use of pagan ways including Sunday, to teach another gospel another way...despite fancy words...

You are the one who used him to elevate him, his way, above that which is in scripture...

As if Christmas Ham were the traditions the apostles taught...who died for being uncompromising....

Says everyone who loves God, but go two feet and they're squabbling over the form of the service, dividing, bickering, sure of the rightness of our reckoning and confusing it with the clear understanding of scripture. People. We do our best, but beyond the salvific, we're a holy mess.
holy mess? HalleluYah...better than a bloody mess of burnt flesh for not submitting to the traditions of man...

So Good...the more squabbling the better...faith comes by hearing...and hearing by the word of God...so the louder we squabble the more we will be heard...be mindful of what you say...there are those not even of flesh and bones that are listening...

And so, the need for grace from God and long-suffering among one another.

Absolutely and HalleluYah as His yoke remains, we desire it, it distinguishes us as His bought by Him useful for His good works...gratitude and faith compel works, as salvation needs to be worked out with fear and trembling at times...

I can't think of no Greater Mercy and Grace He gives than by giving us a way to live and to show and prove our love and loyalty for Him...His way...

We actually don't keep His law...it keeps us...

Last edited:

clefty

Speaking of adding things .....

Neither Satrunalia or Winter Solstice fell on Dec 25th.

You expect heathens and pagans to be more accurate than Christians?

It's not like Satan demands it...he is fine with whatever whenever...familiar with that?

Mickiel

Please, please give me biblical support for Easter or the Trinity;

In the name of Jesus give me the bible verses that support these things;

God himself would not mind if any Christian would please answer this challenge.

Goodness , 5 days of begging for it???

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please, please give me biblical support for Easter or the Trinity;

In the name of Jesus give me the bible verses that support these things;

God himself would not mind if any Christian would please answer this challenge.

Goodness , 5 days of begging for it???
Moving the goal post I see.

You couldn't find a single person here that says that Dec 25th is a biblically ordained holy holiday that GOD commanded.
You were just arguing against your own imagination.
Being so unsuccessful in finding anyone here that believes in your strawman, you now want to change the goal and stab at the air again.

Here's a thought ........ how about you actually find someone here that believes Dec 25th was ordained by GOD as a holy holiday to be celebrated, and then you might have a leg to stand on.
As it is now, you are just flopping around with no legs.

clefty

When one is right, they are right no matter who they are.

Right...but the pagans got it right celebrating from the 17 to the 23 which covers the solstice...whereas Christians merely added to it their Christ Mass and got it wrong in their intention to do so...saying it was to celebrate the birth.

Christ Mass... ironic as mass is a celebration of the death and resurrection...poor baby Jesus being reminded of that on His bday...

Satan knew his latest distraction would be successful if it only needed to shift a little on the calendars not start from scratch on the actual day of His birth...(late September around feast of tabernacles)

Yes anybody right is right...and can be right even Satan can tell the truth and get it right...He just doesn't want to most of the time...

Another strawman as no one here has said Satan demands it.
What I meant is that Satan didn't demand his followers of Saturnelia to simultaneously celebrate the bday of Jesus...He just wanted the followers of Jesus to celebrate it at all...and well his followers were already celebrating in the dark winters so he just extended Saturnelia...

And was right to do so as Christmas succeeds...now most celebrate whatever whenever....his way

Mickiel

You couldn't find a single person here that says that Dec 25th is a biblically ordained holy holiday that GOD commanded.
Being so unsuccessful in finding anyone here that believes in your strawman, you now want to change the goal and stab at the air again.

Here's a thought ........ how about you actually find someone here that believes Dec 25th was ordained by GOD as a holy holiday to be celebrated, and then you might have a leg to stand on.

I like the way the thread is going and growing. It is as I expected , no Christian can provide what is not there. One cannot give biblical support, when none exist. I guess I just like seeing Christians flop around with no biblical legs to stand on. But hey , one may surprise me and dig something up I have not been aware of ; its always new talent around. Maybe someone does know how to build their beliefs on real scripture and can prove all things they believe. In 2 Tim. 2:15 they can 'Rightly divide the word of truth." Or they can rightly explain what they believe and show why in scripture. No need to be ashamed and lash out at people with any nonsense, you just show and tell. Then one can see what study has done for you , and it could help them too.

Peace.

I ask again , show me WHY in scripture , you believe in and celebrate Christmas , Easter and the Trinity.5 days of asking and all I get is every kind of dancing around with the stars of evasion that I have ever seen.

musterion

Ok suit yourself but I have learned from my time with those steeped in man's traditions and have had to cleanse myself of much as well...not necessarily a waste of time...

I disagree. It is 99% of the time a waste of time because, as far as professing Christians go, their minds are already made up one way or the other. They either get some spiritual "thing" out of such holidays...or don't but just have fun with it...or are completely indifferent to it all...OR they hate those holidays with a passion and preach mightily against them every chance they get. I've never met a professing Christian who didn't fall into one of those four camps. Maybe they're out there but I've never met anyone yet who was on the fence.

Mickiel

Yep. He just wanted someone to attack on the point. He's a liar and a fool.

In Matt. 5:22 Jesus teaches not to call anyone a fool ; but certain Christians have gotten so deep into using their words to lash out at others , and stab others with their mouth as if their mouth is a weapon , they have done it so long , they no longer even realize how wrong they are. And even if their not a Christian ,those who call people fools , are just mean arrogant word masters of human wrath gone sour.

clefty

I disagree. It is 99% of the time a waste of time because, as far as professing Christians go, their minds are already made up one way or the other. They either get some spiritual "thing" out of such holidays...or don't but just have fun with it...or are completely indifferent to it all...OR they hate those holidays with a passion and preach mightily against them every chance they get. I've never met a professing Christian who didn't fall into one of those four camps. Maybe they're out there but I've never met anyone yet who was on the fence.

Well that is something...either hot or cold...with or against is kinda the M.O. With Him...

It's not like His house is divided or compromised...

musterion

In Matt. 5:22 Jesus teaches not to call anyone a fool ; but certain Christians have gotten so deep into using their words to lash out at others , and stab others their mouth as if their mouth is a weapon , they have done it so long , they no longer even realize how wrong they are. And even if their not a Christian ,those who call people fools , are just mean arrogant word masters of human wrath gone sour.

You said you don't believe the Bible so you're a hypocrite for citing Christ's words against anyone.

clefty

You've seen a lot of folks here say they party on Dec 25th.
But no one here has said it was mandatory by GOD.
You are only arguing against your own strawman that you created.

ROLF!
Just more of your strawman attack, since no one here believes that Dec 25th was the birthdate of Christ, nor does anyone here believe that GOD ordained it as a holy holiday that should be celebrated.

But it's been highly entertaining to watch you wrestle with a strawman!
Don't hurt yourself.

Why do anything NOT ordained by God? Why reject what He gave for us to do and ignore or deny He prohibited something and do it anyway?

Imagine being with a spouse a life partner who doesn't ask for something because it is not important and doesn't matter to him, probably a waste of time and certainly too expensive anyway...and yet you repeatedly insist on giving it to him.

Now imagine that same partner who commands you repeatedly not to do something, or threatens you with reprisals if you do something, or begs you with tears in his eyes please not to do something please...don't...just don't...please...but you insist not only on doing it repeatedly but claim "It was for you.." Or "I was thinking of you..."

To Him your celebrating Christmas is both of these scenarios...certainly more the latter...

And now imagine others, friends and family, strangers even, knowing exactly what he does NOT expect from you but they see you give it to him anyways

and they also know specifically what he does NOT want from you...and yet see you do it anyway...repeatedly...

You might not care...or deny it...rationalize it even...but they readily see His pain and sorrow...and know his heartbreak

Hope it was worth it...a blast right?

Last edited:

Mickiel

You said you don't believe the Bible so you're a hypocrite for citing Christ's words against anyone.

What's it feel like to have to deal with the truth about yourself?

You call me a fool, then a hypocrite; why do you feel the need to constantly call people out of their name? What is motivating you to degrade me? Do you get joy out of it? I mean do you get off on slandering others? Are you ever concerned with the morality of your behavior , or is your desire to put me down so great , it eclipses what you are doing wrong in the process? Can you explain?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

he's invincible!

monty_python_2__limbless_black_knightC.jpg

Mickiel

dude :nono:

never go full retard

Whatever I do, my character is not going to allow me to call you a nasty name or insult your personage ; you are different , you use your mouth to slice at and cut people as if your standards see that as right behavior ; as if insulting people means nothing to you ;in my view , when people get like that , we may be living in the last days. The days when the love of many grows cold. People just talk to others in a cold frightening manner ,taking absolutely no personal responsibility within themselves to manage their own words.