Freddie Gray – Records Indicate Spinal Injury Pre-existing

Granite

Hall of Fame
Expert testimony of how such an injury might or would occur.

And you honestly think "self-inflicted severed spine" is a likely finding. Uh-huh.

An actual witness without an agenda.

Like the videos shot of his arrest?

I am not understanding the "get screwed around one more time" bit, Granite. Do you have any reason to believe that his long history of arrests and convictions are not legitimate?

Arrests aren't the same as convictions. I consider it likely he was hassled by the cops and ran because he didn't want to put up with their crap one more time, especially when he actually hadn't done anything worth getting arrested for.

I see a young man who was in fear of going to jail. That doesn't mean "go to jail for nothing". I am thinking he was either guilty of something or paranoid.

For the last. Time. Please.

He didn't break the law by running. He didn't have drugs or a weapon on him. He hadn't. Broken. The. Law.

This is seriously like talking to a brick wall. I am stunned at how you're thinking lately. Or rather, how you aren't.

Tinark

Under the criteria of some in this thread, people would have no problems with the police pulling over a vehicle and searching it if they hit their breaks when they see a cop car while driving. "You hitting your breaks is suspicious, you must have been speeding otherwise you wouldn't have done that. You must also be paranoid about something, what do you have to hide?" Scary. How easily people are willing to throw the constitution out the window and allow police to conduct searches when ever it suits their fancy because they witnessed something "suspicious".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you honestly think "self-inflicted severed spine" is a likely finding. Uh-huh.

On a PREVIOUSLY injured spine? You don't believe that someone with a previous injury can be reinjured? That wouldn't mean the police were not responsible for reinjuring him, btw.

Like the videos shot of his arrest?

Arrests aren't the same as convictions. I consider it likely he was hassled by the cops and ran because he didn't want to put up with their crap one more time, especially when he actually hadn't done anything worth getting arrested for.

That makes it sound as though he is a boyscout and had no prior history of criminal activity. Regardless of whether or not you agree, people with multiple arrests and convictions will always raise more suspicion as compared to those with a clean record.

For the last. Time. Please.

He didn't break the law by running. He didn't have drugs or a weapon on him. He hadn't. Broken. The. Law.

That is a defense lawyer's dream defense for ... anyone convicted of any crime. Anyone suspected of any crime. Running isn't against the law.

This is seriously like talking to a brick wall. I am stunned at how you're thinking lately. Or rather, how you aren't.

The feeling is mutual ...

Running isn't against the law. Duh. No one said it is.

That is why every time I make eye contact with a cop, I turn around and run away. Don't we all?

Granite

Hall of Fame
On a PREVIOUSLY injured spine?

Which it wasn't. You're remaining deliberately ignorant at this point.

That makes it sound as though he is a boyscout and had no prior history of criminal activity. Regardless of whether or not you agree, people with multiple arrests and convictions will always raise more suspicion as compared to those with a clean record.

That is a defense lawyer's dream defense for ... anyone convicted of any crime. Anyone suspected of any crime. Running isn't against the law.

Sorry, it's not. He didn't commit a crime. He had no weapons. He had no drugs. He didn't resist arrest.

They severed his spine.

God bless America.

As for me avoiding the cops in the future whenever possible: Damn right I will.

People like you are the reason these out of control murdering maniacs keep getting away with it: Because people like you bring your blind spot and your weird subservient attitude to the juries they serve on.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which it wasn't. You're remaining deliberately ignorant at this point.

Sorry, it's not. He didn't commit a crime. He had no weapons. He had no drugs. He didn't resist arrest.

They severed his spine.

God bless America.

As for me avoiding the cops in the future whenever possible: Damn right I will.

People like you are the reason these out of control murdering maniacs keep getting away with it: Because people like you bring your blind spot and your weird subservient attitude to the juries they serve on.

Nice rant ... and still no evidence to back it up. Maybe if you stomp your feet a little harder ...

Oh, you forgot the FACT that *people like you* (meaning me) do not run away when a cop glances their way in passing.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nice rant ... and still no evidence to back it up. Maybe if you stomp your feet a little harder ...

I'm not going to provide the same link three times.

Oh, you forgot the FACT that *people like you* (meaning me) do not run away when a cop glances their way in passing.

Safe to say middle class white people don't share Freddie Gray's experience.

WizardofOz

I simply want more info before making a determination. Seeing him as foolish for running away like he had something to hide is not the same as believing he deserved to die.
:thumb:
That's what the investigators are doing, gathering all the evidence and facts to make a determination as to what occurred and whether a crime was committed.

There are facts that are still being sorted out; why did he run? Was the knife illegal or illegally concealed?

Theses officers have not been cleared of wrongdoing and may ultimately be criminally charged. Perhaps we should put down the torches and pitchforks and let this investigation run its course.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not going to provide the same link three times.

I read it.

Safe to say middle class white people don't share Freddie Gray's experience.

Which makes an assumption that anyone who doesn't agree with Freddie's actions is either poor or black. Does that about cover it?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's what the investigators are doing, gathering all the evidence and facts to make a determination as to what occurred and whether a crime was committed.

There are facts that are still being sorted out; why did he run? Was the knife illegal or illegally concealed?

Theses officers have not been cleared of wrongdoing and may ultimately be criminally charged. Perhaps we should put down the torches and pitchforks and let this investigation run its course.

Exactly.

Granite

Hall of Fame

The Baltimore police have already said the knife was legal.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Latest news report regarding his death:

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...s-result-of-police-who-arrested-him-prob.html

From the article:

Sources said the medical examiner found Gray's catastrophic injury was caused when he slammed into the back of the police transport van, apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van.

Details surrounding exactly what caused Gray to slam into the back of the van was unclear. The officer driving the van has yet to give a statement to authorities. It’s also unclear whether Gray’s head injury was voluntary or was a result of some other action.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Indeed ... most likely he didn't volantarily run away either. It's part of the conspiracy.

fool

Hall of Fame
The Baltimore police have already said the knife was legal.

Got a link to that?
The family's lawyer said it was "of legal size" but it was a switch blade according to the cops which is what they took him in for.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you are pretending that taking off running at the sight of the police is not suspicious behavior ...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Got a link to that?
The family's lawyer said it was "of legal size" but it was a switch blade according to the cops which is what they took him in for.

Ah, that's right. So a step back: They saw a knife clipped to his pocket, according to the police report.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/28/opinions/cevallos-freddie-gray-legal-issues/

Which in and of itself isn't unusual (I'm wearing a pocketknife clipped to my jeans right now, and always do). In fact it's unclear if they even knew for sure it was a knife until they arrested him.

And let's be clear what kind of knife we're talking about. Per the Baltimore PD it was a "spring assisted, one hand opening knife."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2015/04/freddie_grays_death_in_police.php

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Spring-Assisted-Knives--46

Like those.

Granite

Hall of Fame
And you are pretending that taking off running at the sight of the police is not suspicious behavior ...

You know what I consider suspicious? The idea that a guy the cops arrested severed his own spine and crushed his own voice box.

fool

Hall of Fame
Ah, that's right. So a step back: They saw a knife clipped to his pocket, according to the police report.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/28/opinions/cevallos-freddie-gray-legal-issues/

Which in and of itself isn't unusual (I'm wearing a pocketknife clipped to my jeans right now, and always do). In fact it's unclear if they even knew for sure it was a knife until they arrested him.

And let's be clear what kind of knife we're talking about. Per the Baltimore PD it was a "spring assisted, one hand opening knife."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2015/04/freddie_grays_death_in_police.php

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Spring-Assisted-Knives--46

Like those.

Right, so;
Eye contact
He runs
They chase him
Catch him
Spot knife
Arrest him because it's a spring assist knife which is apparently illegal in MD.

The knife was all they had him on, running is not in and of itself a crime but it is probable cause for detainment and questioning and if you're detained they can frisk you for their safety while they question you.

Then somewhere in between there and the station his spine gets severed, his voice box crushed and a bolt to the head.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know what I consider suspicious? The idea that a guy the cops arrested severed his own spine and crushed his own voice box.

The cause of death has been solved. Your support of this guys idiotic decision to run as though he had just committed a major crime has not been.

His actions were the act of a guilty man. No one has suggested his foolhardy decision means he deserved to die.