Freddie Gray – Records Indicate Spinal Injury Pre-existing

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The manner of death has been identified= severed spine.
HOW the spine got severed and his voice box got crushed is still up for grabs.

I am specifically referring to this:

The sources quoted by WJLA said the medical examiner had determined Gray's death was caused by catastrophic injury after he slammed into the back of the police transport van, "apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/30/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death-investigation/

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
:rotfl:

"Voluntary." I guess you really can make this stuff up.

Yes, meaning he could have been trying to harm himself like many prisoners do, to later claim the police did it and then cash in.

Or he could have been trying to free himself.

Or he could have had a seizure due to asthma.

Or could have just been ramming his head against stuff in anger.

(i dated a guy when i was younger who did that, banged his head when he got mad)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, meaning he could have been trying to harm himself like many prisoners do, to later claim the police did it and then cash in.

Or he could have been trying to free himself.

Or he could have had a seizure due to asthma.

OR ... he could have not just suspiciously ran away ...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl:

"Voluntary." I guess you really can make this stuff up.

You do know that allegedly a prisoner who was in the same van claims that Freddy Gray was throwing himself at the walls of the van?

If the prisoner's story is true, wouldn't that validate the story?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I didn't comment on how the injury happened.

IMO, there are only two possibilities.

The arrest video makes it clear that the injuries happened after he was put in the van.

So, one of the two scenarios happened:

1) Freddie Gray injured himself in the van by hurling himself into the van walls.

2) After driving away, but before reaching the jail, the cops stopped the van, went into the back of the van, and threw Freddie Gray against the walls of the van causing his injuries.

jeffblue101

You do know that allegedly a prisoner who was in the same van claims that Freddy Gray was throwing himself at the walls of the van?

If the prisoner's story is true, wouldn't that validate the story?

mostly false, According to the other prisoner, he just mentioned that he heard a "little banging" or knocking against the wall to the police.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stead-claiming-heard-small-banging-quiet.html
Describing the journey with Gray, Allen said said: 'When I got in the van, I didn't hear nothing. It was a smooth ride. We went straight to the police station.
'All I heard was a little banging for about four seconds. I just heard little banging, just little banging.'
Gray was in the van for 45 minutes, and Allen is thought to have been picked up towards the end of the journey......

The report was leaked to the Washington Post, and is apparently based on Allen's testimony even though that document cites a '38-year-old man' captive in the van.
Allen seemed to downplay that theory in his latest interview, saying that he heard 'a little banging' lasting around four seconds.

jeffblue101

more context provided below
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...gray-van-claims-smooth-ride-article-1.2205785
The second prisoner loaded into the Baltimore police van carrying a shackled Freddie Gray claims "it was a smooth ride" and all he heard was a "little banging for about four seconds."

They called his name, 'Mr. Gray, Mr. Gray.' And he wasn't responsive," Allen, 22, recalled to the station.

Throughout the trip Allen, who was picked up on a suspicion of stealing after Gray's arrest, said he was unable to see Gray because of a partition in the police van.

When he first got into the vehicle he said it was so quiet that he didn't realize another person was inside.

That calm description comes in stark contrast to a police report that was published by the Washington Post Wednesday.

In it, Allen said the 25-year-old was "banging against the walls" and "was intentionally trying to injure himself" in the van.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
mostly false, According to the other prisoner, he just mentioned that he heard a "little banging" or knocking against the wall to the police.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stead-claiming-heard-small-banging-quiet.html

The medical examiner said the wound on Freddy Gray's head matched a bolt on the rear door.

For that to happen from the police, it would mean that an officer would have had to get into the van, close the back door, then push Freddy Gray towards the rear door.

So far, nothing makes any sense.

Tinark

So the van killed him.

Due to negligence from the cops - they didn't put a seat belt on him (which they already admitted), in violation of standard procedure.

Cops are also sometimes known to purposely hit the accelerator or slam on the breaks to rattle up a person they are transporting who they deem "uncooperative"

Remember, this is a guy who was completely cuffed - he had no way to use his hands/arms to brace himself for any impact events. Someone cuffed is under the care of the cops and therefore the duty to care for that person and prevent them from getting injured is the cops' responsibility.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Due to negligence from the cops - they didn't put a seat belt on him (which they already admitted), in violation of standard procedure.

Cops are also sometimes known to purposely hit the accelerator or slam on the breaks to rattle up a person they are transporting who they deem "uncooperative"

Remember, this is a guy who was completely cuffed - he had no way to use his hands/arms to brace himself for any impact events. Someone cuffed is under the care of the cops and therefore the duty to care for that person and prevent them from getting injured is the cops' responsibility.

Correct. This "rough ride" practice is apparently pretty common in Baltimore (and other departments) and seems to be yet another example of how sadistic cops can be.

What stuns me is how some folks are more interested in attempting to smear Freddie Gray as opposed to demanding better behavior, accountability, and the end of brutality from cops. Frankly I haven't seen a whiff of concern regarding the Baltimore PD's actions from a lot of people here at all. But they're eager to remind you Gray was no angel. Guess what? Neither are the police officers who killed him.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Correct. This "rough ride" practice is apparently pretty common in Baltimore (and other departments) and seems to be yet another example of how sadistic cops can be.

What stuns me is how some folks are more interested in attempting to smear Freddie Gray as opposed to demanding better behavior, accountability, and the end of brutality from cops. Frankly I haven't seen a whiff of concern regarding the Baltimore PD's actions from a lot of people here at all. But they're eager to remind you Gray was no angel. Guess what? Neither are the police officers who killed him.

do you think the unions are protecting bad cops?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
We sometimes watch that "Cops" show on TV, morbid fascination I guess. It's amazing how often angry prisoners in handcuffs bang their heads repeatedly in the cop car! On bullet proof glass or that cage divider thing between the back seat and the front. Sounds crazy but I can at least see Grey doing that.

Last year Baltimore police paid out something like 3+ million in settlements for people who claimed brutality.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If one lives on the dark side then they aren't going to like the cops or any authority figures. I suspect many of those violent protestors are just out of jail on spring break, soon to return.

In 2015 crime is up 25% in Baltimore. Since Freddy Grey there have been 15 more murders.

Stats 2014

Baltimore violent crimes

MURDER 233

RAPE 422

ROBBERY 3,753

ASSAULT 4,476

This Charming Manc

or the police three him in the van, didn't restrain him as they should and then drove aggressively to 'shake him up abit'.

I don think the police meant to kill him, but it seems something was not right here.

IMO, there are only two possibilities.

The arrest video makes it clear that the injuries happened after he was put in the van.

So, one of the two scenarios happened:

1) Freddie Gray injured himself in the van by hurling himself into the van walls.

2) After driving away, but before reaching the jail, the cops stopped the van, went into the back of the van, and threw Freddie Gray against the walls of the van causing his injuries.