Freddie Gray – Records Indicate Spinal Injury Pre-existing

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Posted on April 29, 2015 by Rick Wells in Politics

"The media is leaving out much of the career criminal history of Freddie Gray in their reporting. It seems now that they may also be failing to discuss his very relevant medical history, one which may have included multiple surgeries for spinal injuries incurred in a car crash.

Health privacy laws limit the availability of medical information, but a public records search in the Howard Court Civil System website provides evidence that Gray had received a settlement and had engaged with Peachtree Funding to obtain a lump sum payment.

The media has been remiss in reporting this information, preferring to portray the career criminal as the victim of police misconduct. Other anonymous sources indicate that Gray may have had surgery as recently as ten days prior to the incident in which he was involved in a forty-five minute flee to evade the authorities. He could have easily re-injured himself in his reckless attempt to avoid capture."

http://www.rickwells.us/allstate-good-hands-for-freddie-gray-records-indicate-spinal-injury-pre-existing-part-of-settlement/

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Posted on April 29, 2015 by Rick Wells in Politics

"The media is leaving out much of the career criminal history of Freddie Gray in their reporting. It seems now that they may also be failing to discuss his very relevant medical history, one which may have included multiple surgeries for spinal injuries incurred in a car crash.

Health privacy laws limit the availability of medical information, but a public records search in the Howard Court Civil System website provides evidence that Gray had received a settlement and had engaged with Peachtree Funding to obtain a lump sum payment.

The media has been remiss in reporting this information, preferring to portray the career criminal as the victim of police misconduct. Other anonymous sources indicate that Gray may have had surgery as recently as ten days prior to the incident in which he was involved in a forty-five minute flee to evade the authorities. He could have easily re-injured himself in his reckless attempt to avoid capture."

http://www.rickwells.us/allstate-good-hands-for-freddie-gray-records-indicate-spinal-injury-pre-existing-part-of-settlement/

Interesting ... which is exactly why more facts are always needed before jumping to the conclusion of "police brutality".

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Surprise surprise, Freddie was a career criminal.

Gray had a lengthy arrest record with convictions dating back until at least 2007, according to the Maryland Department of Justice. Not all of the arrests led to convictions, in many of the cases he pleaded guilty to one charge while the others were dropped. Details of when he spent time in prison were not immediately available. His arrest record includes at least 18 arrests:

March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance

March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault

January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing

January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute

December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute

December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance

August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing

January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana

September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape

April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation

July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute

March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute

February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance

August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation

August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana

August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Read more at http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/2015/04/freddie-gray-this-is-what-baltimore-is-destroying-itself-over/

1PeaceMaker

Why are the African Americans so jumpy and dive into things without investigations?

That sounds a bit racist.... even if you are not.

That article is not accurate in every way.

Freddie was poisoned in childhood with lead and had a rough upbringing in a poor neighborhood. So?

A disabled person who at risk shouldn't be manhandled so roughly it severs his spine.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Freddie was poisoned in childhood with lead and had a rough upbringing in a poor neighborhood. So?

A disabled person who at risk shouldn't be manhandled so roughly it severs his spine.

You don't know that was the case. The only thing we DO know is that he had a previous criminal history, a spinal injury and resisted arrest.

Granite

Hall of Fame
...none of which justifies severing his spine, Rusha. That he may have been physically more vulnerable to police brutality makes this situation worse, not better.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

I think the man handling is rough. I can't be racist cause they change how they want to be called every ten years. I think being called black isn't going to work either cause are other dark skins. Whoopi said she isn't african american, she is American ! She is right. That goes for whites to. I dont think its any ones business what race I am. I think Obama has been the best president ever elected cause he tries to make things fair for everyone. I think its racist for companies to ask on forms if they are black or white or even married. Why? Whole racist thing is unnessaery.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I frankly don't give a damn what his criminal record was, unless your point is that being a crook justifies having your spine severed.

No, the point is his credibility.

He didn't break his own vertebrae running from the cops, Rusha.

How exactly do you believe cops should react when suspicious individuals (in this case a criminal) run from them, Granite?

Should they just hope he will turn himself in or wait until he is standing still and they have the element of surprise?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I think the police trainings are one size for all. The little cop has to be more aggressive to the bigger guy. But the bigger cops has to be less aggressive to the smaller guy. But the smaller guy with a switchblade or a gun will up the aggressiveness. So the police policies are probaby general like aggreesive capture fits all. Anyone can have a deadly gun so police captures are fast and aggressive. Notice how many cops has been killed on duty. Im not siding with the cops but if you listen to the presidents fairness, wevmight becable to work something out. That goes for Christians on tol for acting like Muslims regarding religion.

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, the point is his credibility.

I don't consider his past a justification for his treatment. Bringing it up implies his criminal record is not only relevant, but makes his treatment less than outrageous.

How exactly do you believe cops should react when suspicious individuals (in this case a criminal) run from them, Granite?

What specific crime had he committed right before his death? Spoiler: None. (In and of itself, running from the police does not constitute a crime, as Baltimore's police commissioner acknowledged.) But a guy like Gray who sees a cop approach him might well want to avoid being hassled, or shaken down, or harassed, or arrested, or degraded--again--especially when he knew he hadn't done anything wrong this time. Far as I can see his only mistake wasn't running faster.

And then they killed him.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I frankly don't give a damn what his criminal record was, unless your point is that being a crook justifies having your spine severed.

True, but when you battle the cops you risk getting roughed up because that's what they have to deal with all day! Don't commit crime and don't try to fight the cops.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't consider his past a justification for his treatment. Bringing it up implies his criminal record is not only relevant, but makes his treatment less than outrageous.

I consider his LONG history of criminal activity as justification for suspicion. His decision to run confirms the suspicion.

His action (of fleeing) was intentional. We will never know how things might have been different had he not made the decision to flee. He doesn't get a pass for making that decision.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I consider his LONG history of criminal activity as justification for suspicion. His decision to run confirms the suspicion.

His action (of fleeing) was intentional. We will never know how things might have been different had he not made the decision to flee. He doesn't get a pass for making that decision.

So he didn't commit a crime but kinda deserved to die anyway.

1PeaceMaker

I think that in this case Freddie was probably paranoid that they would injure him because of his disability, and knowing what the cops did in that hood he probably wanted to get the heck away from them at first sight.

The presumption on the part of patrol officers of why he was phobic of them was what killed him. No doubt he saw the YT vids of cops kneeling on necks. Now every disabled person can feel his fear if they live in a rough neighborhood.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think that in this case Freddie was probably paranoid that they would injure him because of his disability, and knowing what the cops did in that hood he probably wanted to get the heck away from them at first sight.

The presumption on the part of patrol officers of why he was phobic of them was what killed him. No doubt he saw the YT vids of cops kneeling on necks. Now every disabled person can feel his fear if they live in a rough neighborhood.

If I wasn't in good physical shape and watched Eric Garner choked to death I'd be worried about a cop (or a pack of them) getting their hands on me too.