Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Romans 10:17KJV
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.​

Which is why the Gospel is preached. There is POWER in the WORD OF GOD. The Gospel is the Power of God unto Salvation.

Romans 1:16KJV For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.​

Come on now, faith aloner, you got to have something to say to that Calvinist about faith. lol

glorydaz

Jesus was talking to all.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Now tell me how Jesus' words are only life for blood relatives of Abraham?

You don't have any idea how you embarrass yourself, do you?:hammer:

glorydaz

They didn't enter because they didn't obey!

Joshua 5:6
King James 2000 Bible
For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, who came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD swore that he would not show them the land, which the LORD swore unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that flows with milk and honey.

You will not ever see a dead faith as anything good to God.

Of course they were consumed....they were unbelievers. Of course they disobeyed, they were unbelievers. Those who believe have obeyed by believing. God's great command is that we believe and trust in Him.

Those who do believe are righteous BECAUSE the righteousness of Christ is accounted unto them.

This is so simple. So simple. Too simple, apparently.

God's Truth

Gotta love these labels. I'm a grace through faither, Miss Loony Tune. ;)

...doesn't change a thing. Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

James 2

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

(WOW.)

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was talking to all.

In what Paul calls 'time past' the Lord Jesus was speaking exclusively to the house of Israel.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision

There is no possible way for you to insert yourself into that dispensation. For #1 it no longer exists and #2 if it did still exist, you are of the nations/gentiles and are alienated from the citizenship of Israel. The middle wall of partition was up at that time.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Yeah, and for good reason....a reason of which you are ignorant.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

What's the rest of the context?
You don't know, so I'll tell you.
Peter said, "You men of Israel..if you will repent then GOD will send Jesus back to earth to fulfill the rest of all what the prophets said since the beginning of the world.
They didn't repent, the Davidic Messianic Kingdom on earth was postponed and Christ from heaven raised up Paul to be the Apostle to the nations/gentiles until the fullness of the nations/gentiles be fulfilled.
You are out of your depth!
Go back to the wading pool.

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

There indeed will be trouble for everyone, but that transitional period has long past concerning the priority of the Jew first.

Now tell me how Jesus' words are only life for blood relatives of Abraham?

Context, context!

"Time past(circumcision)", "But now(all nations/gentiles)", "The ages to come(resuming prophecy for the believing remnant of Israel and the nations/gentiles which survive the tribulation)".

God's Truth

Do you really think that we do not have the GOD given capacity for the Holy Spirit to reside in our heart.

I am the one explaining that the saved DO HAVE the Holy Spirit living in their heart.

Maybe you are mixed up on who said what?

A literalist understanding will not do here. I don't know if you are one or not, I'm just making a point for whoever may read this.

God literally lives in the hearts of the saved.

glorydaz

No. God's grace gives faith to sinners, to enable them to obey.

Ephesians 2:8-10

Backwards again. We access that grace through faith. Romans 5:2

The subject of the verse you quote is Salvation.

Salvation is by grace through faith.
That salvation is not of yourselves....not of works....it is a Gift.

God supplies the Grace...which we access by faith. Rom. 5:2

God's Truth

In what Paul calls 'time past' the Lord Jesus was speaking exclusively to the house of Israel.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision

There is no possible way for you to insert yourself into that dispensation. For #1 it no longer exists and #2 if it did still exist, you are of the nations/gentiles and are alienated from the citizenship of Israel. The middle wall of partition was up at that time.

Yeah, and for good reason....a reason of which you are ignorant.

What's the rest of the context?
You don't know, so I'll tell you.
Peter said, "You men of Israel..if you will repent then GOD will send Jesus back to earth to fulfill the rest of all what the prophets said since the beginning of the world.
They didn't repent, the Davidic Messianic Kingdom on earth was postponed and Christ from heaven raised up Paul to be the Apostle to the nations/gentiles until the fullness of the nations/gentiles be fulfilled.
You are out of your depth!
Go back to the wading pool.

There indeed will be trouble for everyone, but that transitional period has long past concerning the priority of the Jew first.

Context, context!

"Time past(circumcision)", "But now(all nations/gentiles)", "The ages to come(resuming prophecy for the believing remnant of Israel and the nations/gentiles which survive the tribulation)".

Why is it so hard for you to understand that it is Jews first then Gentiles?

What makes you think that God's words are only life to the Jews when they hear and believe?

You cannot get around that, no matter what.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Backwards again. We access that grace through faith. Romans 5:2

The subject of the verse you quote is Salvation.

Salvation is by grace through faith.
That salvation is not of yourselves....not of works....it is a Gift.

God supplies the Grace...which we access by faith. Rom. 5:2

Amen Sister!

popsthebuilder

Clearly, Paul knew the story better than you do. The warning was for sinners, those in unbelief.

The spiritual food was manna and the spiritual drink was water from the rock. The poison of the serpents referred to the serpent on a pole and those killed were in unbelief. Those who sinned were unbelievers. They entered not in because lack of faith....unbelief. That is the point Paul is making here.

It's spoken of in Hebrews, as well. Actually, if you had read the OT, you'd know this.

The warning was not entering in because of UNBELIEF.

Heb. 4:1-6KJV Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Heb. 4-10-11 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​
Own works being those of the wants of self (greed(want of attainment)).

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course they were consumed....they were unbelievers. Of course they disobeyed, they were unbelievers. Those who believe have obeyed by believing. God's great command is that we believe and trust in Him.

Those who do believe are righteous BECAUSE the righteousness of Christ is accounted unto them.

This is so simple. So simple. Too simple, apparently.

Yeah, grace too good to believe, for some and isn't that just the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.