Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsthebuilder

Oops, well you're supposed to provide one when you post something on this forum. I imagine it will be fine since you didn't know....can't say for sure. :)
Oh.... Is it needed for quotes from the Bible? It's an app on my phone. It is a writing ascribed to the Baha'i faith. As I had previously mentioned; I read multiple core religious sacred texts. Also as mentioned; it is my opinion that we are to fear no thing but GOD, that is to say the consiquinces of our own action or lack of action in the face of knowledge.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

glorydaz

You left out the obey part.

1 Corinthians 10:11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

What things happened to them?

3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.” 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.

11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!

Paul teaches obey.

Clearly, Paul knew the story better than you do. The warning was for sinners, those in unbelief.

The spiritual food was manna and the spiritual drink was water from the rock. The poison of the serpents referred to the serpent on a pole and those killed were in unbelief. Those who sinned were unbelievers. They entered not in because lack of faith....unbelief. That is the point Paul is making here.

It's spoken of in Hebrews, as well. Actually, if you had read the OT, you'd know this.

The warning was not entering in because of UNBELIEF.

Heb. 4:1-6KJV Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Heb. 4-10-11 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​

popsthebuilder

That is so evil. Repent.
Do you really think that we do not have the GOD given capacity for the Holy Spirit to reside in our heart.

A literalist understanding will not do here. I don't know if you are one or not, I'm just making a point for whoever may read this.

peace

glorydaz

Oh.... Is it needed for quotes from the Bible? It's an app on my phone. It is a writing ascribed to the Baha'i faith. As I had previously mentioned; I read multiple core religious sacred texts. Also as mentioned; it is my opinion that we are to fear no thing but GOD, that is to say the consiquinces of our own action or lack of action in the face of knowledge.

peace

Quotes from the Bible, no. Anything else, yes.

Why would you fear God unless you have rejected Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.