Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Uh Oh, God's unTruth is heading for another blowout.

Now she's repeating her own words over and over again.

Maybe the tape recorder got stuck. :think:

All I have to do is preach God's Truth and it will cause all kinds of personal attacks and slander from others.

Here Paul even speaks as one knowing the foul things others say about him: 2 Corinthians 10:10 For some say, "His letters are weighty and forceful, but in person he is unimpressive and his speaking amounts to nothing."

Many scriptures show how Paul was on the defensive. Here is another one:

2 Corinthians 11:6 I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.

God's Truth

The correct order is "hear" the Gospel, believe/trust, and then be sealed with the Spirit.

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,​

You left out the obey part.

1 Corinthians 10:11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

What things happened to them?

3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.” 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.

11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!

Paul teaches obey.

God's Truth

The commands of God have 3 purposes.

Do you know what the eternal commands are, and why the 3 purposes?

How then could the Incarnate Chris satisfy righteousness apart from making blood offering in the holiest of holies, how did He accomplish justification of His believers, and on what basis did He resurrect bodily, if His perfect fulfillment of the demands of the Law does not achieve these things?

Nang, prove your Calvin doctrines are not wrong by giving the scripture that says we cannot learn of God and then believe and obey.

In addition, show the scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

You have the chance to prove you preach things from God. I am waiting for those scriptures. Oh and, don't give me scriptures that you think 'sound' like what you are saying.

God's Truth

No sinner can "hear" or comprehend the Gospel message without being given new spiritual ears to hear (in regeneration), and being indwelt, anointed, and sealed with the Holy Spirit. That miracle is first in order. Read I Corinthians 2:10-16

Those scriptures do not say we cannot learn of God then have faith and do what He says.

God gives understanding to those who obey. I can give you scripture that says that exact thing.

Give the scripture that says God causes us to supernaturally believe.

I can give you scripture that says we believe by hearing the message, being taught, convinced, and persuaded.

glorydaz

The commands of God have 3 purposes.

Do you know what the eternal commands are, and why the 3 purposes?

How then could the Incarnate Chris satisfy righteousness apart from making blood offering in the holiest of holies, how did He accomplish justification of His believers, and on what basis did He resurrect bodily, if His perfect fulfillment of the demands of the Law does not achieve these things?

Well, rather than give you permission to teach your particular doctrine, I'll let scripture speak for itself.

Simply put, the purpose of the law was to show men their sins and bring them to Christ.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

He fulfilled the law for us...condemning sin in the flesh. It was His obedience unto death that condemned sin, and His resurrection that defeated death.

Are you going to argue that Christ is not the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe? Go right ahead. The word will undoubtedly correct you.

God's Truth

What specifically do think the members of the body of Christ, obey in faith, if not the will and commands of God?

This is a flat-out denial of Galatians 2:16.

Practicing lawlessness is doing something. It is wrongly using the concept of grace as an excuse to pretend to be sinless, and as a license to unrepentantly continue in sin.

It was the way of the Gnostics and was warned against by John in I John 1:8-10 and 3:4-7, 10-11

Antinomianism is the error of such lawlessness.

The works that do not make righteous anymore are these works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Paul a Pharisee used to enforce all those things that the people had to do for over 1,600 years to make themselves righteous before God.

Those are the works Paul was speaking about that do not save.

Who would ever think that Paul was trying to preach to people that they are condemned if they obeyed God in any way except believe? Or, as Calvinists teach, Paul is condemning people who even just say they believed.

God's Truth

I Corinthians 2:10-16

NO WAY do those scriptures say we cannot believe and obey after being taught.

Those scriptures do not say we cannot learn of God then have faith and do what He says.

God gives understanding to those who obey. I can give you scripture that says that exact thing.

Give the scripture that says God causes us to supernaturally believe.

I can give you scripture that says we believe by hearing the message, being taught, convinced, and persuaded.

All unsaved men are unbelievers. Why did Christ incarnate, except to save unsaved sinners who are unbelievers? Romans 5:7-8

That scripture does NOT say God saves UNBELIEVERS. God saves sinners who believe and obey by repenting. There is NO scripture ANYWHERE that says what you believe and teach.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Well, rather than give you permission to teach your particular doctrine, I'll let scripture speak for itself.

Simply put, the purpose of the law was to show men their sins and bring them to Christ.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

He fulfilled the law for us...condemning sin in the flesh. It was His obedience unto death that condemned sin, and His resurrection that defeated death.

Are you going to argue that Christ is not the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe? Go right ahead. The word will undoubtedly correct you.

Christ's sinless fulfillment of the Law corrected and replaced any notions (of some religious unbelievers) that righteousness could ever be achieved by souls condemned by that Law. Romans 3:20-22

But that is not the argument. This truth does not end the Law itself. The moral Law of God is eternal. (It still furnishes a third purpose, in the church body of Jesus Christ.)

Do you really dismiss the Decalogue as "ended," destroyed, or now non-existent?

glorydaz

No sinner can "hear" or comprehend the Gospel message without being given new spiritual ears to hear (in regeneration), and being indwelt, anointed, and sealed with the Holy Spirit. That miracle is first in order. Read I Corinthians 2:10-16

Oh, you didn't read the verse I gave you? "Don't look there....look over here." :chuckle:

Your verse says no such thing.

First in order is the very order God intended....hearing the Gospel preached......which is the power of God unto salvation. You seem to doubt the power of God's word to reach sinful man. Could that be because you have swallowed the lie of Total Depravity? :readthis:

How shall they believe unless they hear...and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:13-14 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?​

You claim that they can't hear even with a preacher unless they are regenerated first. That's because you don't understand that we believe unto righteousness....and think we have to be righteous before we believe. I call that scripture twisting.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
NO WAY do those scriptures say we cannot believe and obey after being taught.

It teaches that without the Holy Spirit, no man can comprehend the spiritual truths of God, and believe the Gospel.

And the anointing, indwelling, and sealing of the Holy Spirit comes from being born again from above (Regeneration). John 3:3

That is #1 event in our salvation.

No man can hear and believe the Gospel message, without this occurring . . even if they remain unaware that the Holy Spirit has so moved upon their soul.

All glory MUST be given God, for bringing us to faith and repentance and everlasting life.

We do/did nothing. He does it all.

God's Truth

It's all true and I still like you. You are a victim of some very evil people who fooled you.

I have a powerful testimony testimony, Jesus Christ himself saved me.

You should be more careful about condemning others and possibly blaspheming things you do not understand.

2 Peter 2:12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Oh, you didn't read the verse I gave you? "Don't look there....look over here." :chuckle:

Your verse says no such thing.

First in order is the very order God intended....hearing the Gospel preached......which is the power of God unto salvation. You seem to doubt the power of God's word to reach sinful man. Could that be because you have swallowed the lie of Total Depravity? :readthis:

How shall they believe unless they hear...and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:13-14 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?​

You claim that they can't hear even with a preacher unless they are regenerated first. That's because you don't understand that we believe unto righteousness....and think we have to be righteous before we believe. I call that scripture twisting.

A sinner cannot believe anything about the spiritual things of God, until they are gifted with faith to believe.

Love and faith in God does not come natural to corrupted souls. Their hearts, minds, wills must first be changed by the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit before they can hear or see the Gospel Truth. (Regeneration)

God's Truth

It teaches that without the Holy Spirit, no man can comprehend the spiritual truths of God, and believe the Gospel.

WE DON'T have to UNDERSTAND to obey!

Lean NOT on your own understanding!

God gives us understanding AFTER we obey.

And the anointing, indwelling, and sealing of the Holy Spirit comes from being born again from above (Regeneration). John 3:3

That happens after obeying. Acts 5:32, and John 14:23, and many others.

That is #1 event in our salvation.

No man can hear and believe the Gospel message, without this occurring . . even if they remain unaware that the Holy Spirit has so moved upon their soul.

All glory MUST be given God, for bringing us to faith and repentance and everlasting life.

We do/did nothing. He does it all.

NO scripture ANYWHERE says what you preach.

I give scripture that say EXACTLY what I believe.

You give scriptures that do NOT say what you claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.