Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

I'm sorry. I was unaware of that. Will you quote a passage that instructs me to fear God?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievers fear God, with good reason.

Believers revere God, with good reason.

You'll see that throughout the Scripture when you read the verses in their context.

Spockrates

Foundation.

There is no such verse.

Perhaps [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] meant this passage?

2 Corinthians 7:10 "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."

However, I don't see any instruction to fear, only to regret. Not the same thing, I think.

Spockrates

Unbelievers fear God, with good reason.

Believers revere God, with good reason.

You'll see that throughout the Scripture when you read the verses in their context.

Hi, glorydaz. So are you saying believers have nothing to fear from God?

glorydaz

There are two extremes of error:

Legalism and Antinomianism.

Legalism = Attempting to earn salvation through observance of the Law.

Antinomianism = Dismissal of the Law altogether. "Lawlessness."

You and GT hover at both extremes, and will never find the peaceable Truth, until you each admit you may be wrong.

I don't dismiss the law, Nag. It has a purpose, and a good one.

But, unlike some, I know what it does not do. It does not make us holy. It does not justify us. It does not give us life.

You stand on the side of the accuser once again. :thumb:

popsthebuilder

"Do you think others who have faith in the Lord ignore Him? Do you assume they just continue on in this world the way they did before they came to believe? I think that's exactly what you're suggesting."

I do not think those with true faith in the Lord ignore him. That is what I generally attempt to speak against actually. I didn't mean to suggest such at all.

"Ah, you're still a babe. Do you realize you are agreeing with the adversary when you say that? Believers are no longer under the law. It's the enemy who accuses you of breaking a law you are no longer under."

As you said the law on the hearts of man is the conscience( I would go further and say the selfless conscience), so why say we are not under the law as if we aren't to follow the things of good and right from our heart instilled by the Holy Spirit? I am very aware of the adversary, and am aware that speaking truth about following the selfless conscience is not following he adversary.

"Now, of course, you cannot be seriously suggesting that I would think scripture is lying just because I don't believe what you say."

I would only hope not friend.

"We really aren't different branches of the same vine....I'm not sure where you picked that up."

Are you flatly denying that I am Christan? It really seems that way and I really hope you are not.

"Well, let's try, shall we?"

Indeed friend

"You don't have to tread lightly....I don't require an apology for anything you might say. I like honesty."

Thank you. Blunt? honesty is good to me too. But I will still attempt to be courteous if it makes no difference to you.

"That depends on what you're talking about. The law written on the hearts of all men is the conscience."

Agreed, and that is the law I am always referring to just to clear things up.

Romans 2:14-15 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

And our hearts are purified by faith, that Christ may dwell in it.

Acts 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Ephesians 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

"You've swallowed the lies God's unTruth has been spewing, haven't you? Test the spirits."

I have personally interacted with Ms.GT on numerous occasions. I admit we have a heck of a communication block at times, but that she and I do seem to have very similar perspectives when it comes to blessed obideince and devotion.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
[/QUOTE]

peace friend

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

From what book of the Bible does that quote come?

It isn't an exact quote friend.

If you have a Bible app then search fear and study the multitudes that speak of he fear of God and how it is knowledge and guidance and the beginning of faith.

Please do read more than the singular verses with the word fear though in order to get a better grasp of the concept.

peace

Truster

Perhaps [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] meant this passage?

2 Corinthians 7:10 "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."

However, I don't see any instruction to fear, only to regret. Not the same thing, I think.

He's confused three verses and mixed them up.

popsthebuilder

He's confused three verses and mixed them up.
I did no such thing.

How bout a few references?

Genesis 42:18
Exodus 18:21
Job1:9
Psalm66:16
Ecclesiastes8:12
Ecclesiastes12:13
Luke23:40
Acts13:16
1 Peter2:17
Revelation14:7

Hope that helps

peace

glorydaz

I have personally interacted with Ms.GT on numerous occasions. I admit we have a heck of a communication block at times, but that she and I do seem to have very similar perspectives when it comes to blessed obideince and devotion.

She preaches man's obedience is necessary to be saved and to stay saved. That is works salvation even though she denies it is such. We are saved by God's mercy and the obedience of ONE, the Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation and eternal life are GIFTS that none of us can earn through our own efforts or obedience.

Please, please, please figure out how to use the quote feature correctly. Your answers get mixed in with mine. Look at what you've written before you hit submit. PLEASE.

No, I was not suggesting you are not a Christian when you made the comment about the vine. Believers are members of the body....the vine verses do no apply to us.

Truster

I did no such thing.

How bout a few references?

Genesis 42:18
Exodus 18:21
Job1:9
Psalm66:16
Ecclesiastes8:12
Ecclesiastes12:13
Luke23:40
Acts13:16
1 Peter2:17
Revelation14:7

Hope that helps

peace

I repeat. There is no such "VERSE" if there is prove wrong. VERSE....singular.

glorydaz

I regard you as a friend regardless of your wavering opinion of me, and it was actually sincere. How do you love someone as yourself if you can't even call them friend?

Calling someone a friend when you don't really know them is acting.

And yes, I see another one of those impossible goals demanded by the Law. Like be ye perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect. Man can try and try and try, and then he has to lie to himself to say he is doing so. That's what the law does...it encourages man to clean up the outside to be seen of men.

Eagles Wings

I don't dismiss the law, Nag. It has a purpose, and a good one.

But, unlike some, I know what it does not do. It does not make us holy. It does not justify us. It does not give us life.

You stand on the side of the accuser once again. :thumb:

What's your purpose in calling her or anyone names?

You don't like it, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.