Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I'm sorry. I was unaware of that. Will you quote a passage that instructs me to fear God?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you playing games? You know I gave you several scriptures that say we are to fear God.

I will not discuss anymore with you. I do not discuss with that kind of a spirit.

glorydaz

A sinner cannot believe anything about the spiritual things of God, until they are gifted with faith to believe.

Love and faith in God does not come natural to corrupted souls. Their hearts, minds, wills must first be changed by the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit before they can hear or see the Gospel Truth. (Regeneration)

Nope, you're confusing the fruit of the Spirit with the faith that saves.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 5:1-3
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.​

God's Truth

Calling someone a friend when you don't really know them is acting.

And yes, I see another one of those impossible goals demanded by the Law. Like be ye perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect. Man can try and try and try, and then he has to lie to himself to say he is doing so. That's what the law does...it encourages man to clean up the outside to be seen of men.

Jesus' blood makes us holy and perfect. Do you deny that?

God's Truth

This is someone who has no idea of the OBEDIENCE OF FAITH, or what it means to be a member of the body of Christ.

Not even a clue about what it means to be a new creature IN Christ.

Not even an inkling of entering into His Rest.

Justification by faith is a foreign concept to those seeking to be justified by their own feeble attempts to reach God.

So, what do they have left but to imagine believers are doing NOTHING. We are alive In HIM and you are still stuck in that prison cell hoping to tunnel out on your own. :nono:

Obedience of faith means faith with obedience.

glorydaz

What specifically do think the members of the body of Christ, obey in faith, if not the will and commands of God?

The obedience of faith is obeying the Gospel...believing unto righteousness. Then the indwelling Spirit leads and guides us....there is no list of commandments or rules we have to follow. We don't need them anymore because we are new creatures...all things are new.

This is a flat-out denial of Galatians 2:16.

Uh, Miss Jump to Conclusions, I was being facetious. Speaking from the workers point of view.

Practicing lawlessness is doing something. It is wrongly using the concept of grace as an excuse to pretend to be sinless, and as a license to unrepentantly continue in sin.

It was the way of the Gnostics and was warned against by John in I John 1:8-10 and 3:4-7, 10-11

Antinomianism is the error of such lawlessness.

You're the only one I see practicing lawlessness....with your false accusations.

Believers don't practice lawlessness. Are you one of those worker bees, Nang, that sees sin in everyone but themselves? :chew:

ClimateSanity

I have a powerful testimony testimony, Jesus Christ himself saved me.

You should be more careful about condemning others and possibly blaspheming things you do not understand.

2 Peter 2:12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand.
Give us your testimony. What makes you think your heart was regenerated? Just saying Jesus saves you doesn't cut it. Anybody can do that.

ClimateSanity

WE DON'T have to UNDERSTAND to obey!

Lean NOT on your own understanding!

God gives us understanding AFTER we obey.

That happens after obeying. Acts 5:32, and John 14:23, and many others.

NO scripture ANYWHERE says what you preach.

I give scripture that say EXACTLY what I believe.

You give scriptures that do NOT say what you claim.
You cannot obey without a regenerated heart.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The obedience of faith is obeying the Gospel

Nope. How does one "obey" the Gospel of Jesus Christ? You confuse belief with obedience. Each must be understood in order of cause and effect, please.

Then the indwelling Spirit leads and guides us....there is no list of commandments or rules we have to follow. We don't need them anymore because we are new creatures...all things are new.

What about the Ten Commandments? What about the great commandments Jesus reiterated from the Ten Commandments? Matthew 22:37-40

God's Truth

And you by (wrong) implication, are saying that faith is inherently human, and not a gift from God at all.

Yikes!

? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

Did you read that?

I give scripture that says EXACTLY what I believe.

You do not do that.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

Did you read that?

I give scripture that says EXACTLY what I believe.

You do not do that.

Oh, come on!

Where do the ears come from, that are spiritually enabled to hear the voice of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.