Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I am not your enemy, GT.

You certainly are. I debate a lot of people, and I do not tell them they are not saved. I do tell my beliefs and what the Bible says as we all debate here; but I refrain from judging another person, unless they judge me. I know exactly what you are guilty of when you judge me as not being saved. Jesus tells us that in the SAME WAY YOU judge you will be judged. You have so shown me that you are the one without the Truth and without peace.

You need to debate here and keep your personal opinions about others to yourself.

That is what many here do, they can't speak scriptures and debate that way, so they turn it into a slander post.

God's Truth

You, you, you, you, you lust, you look for attention, you are in danger, you don't have Truth, you don't have peace, you are odd, you are lost, you are, you are lost, you are confused, you are not saved, you are, you are, you are, you are.

ClimateSanity

You, you, you, you, you lust, you look for attention, you are in danger, you don't have Truth, you don't have peace, you are odd, you are lost, you are, you are lost, you are confused, you are not saved, you are, you are, you are, you are.
It's all true and I still like you. You are a victim of some very evil people who fooled you.

Spockrates

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you friend.

I agree wholly that the majority of scripture is ambiguous, having multiple meanings or layers. It seems to me that nearly all of scripture is double and triple entendres. Having manifold meanings and purposes, all of which are of GOD for varied purposes.

You are right to magnify the love of GOD as GOD loved us first and all we can know of the love if GOD is the selflessness observed by the Christ and that fear is not in love.

If one is motivated to do good or right due to fear of punishment then they aren't children of GOD. If one, only being able to perceive of GOD through the Christ still doesn't display a compassion and sincere care for the well being and salvation of fellow believers then you know without a doubt that they are not attached to the good master.

As far as your question is concerned.

Our love is but reciprocal of the perfect love of GOD. A partial reflection there of. But doubt leads to unfaithfulness, and fear is not productive of true love. Therefore if one is motivated out of fear alone then they aren't abiding in the love or light of GOD. That in no way means they will never.

I hope this helps friend. Please feel free to critique in any manner whatsoever.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truster

The thing that pleased Messiah was when someone trusted (had faith) so we know for a fact that the exercise of trust pleases Him.
We also know, for an absolute fact, that He loves to teach and spent a lot of time teaching.

That means trusting and sitting at His feet pleases Him.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And no one can do that without a regenerated heart.

Right.

One must first be justified, regenerated and thereby gifted with faith, to have the spiritual capacity, via the power of the Holy Spirit, to obey these commands.

This justification comes by the grace of God through the means of faith. Eph. 2:8-9

Sanctified works of obedience follow, as ordained by God, that those regenerated might walk in them. For regenerated, justified, sanctified souls are HIS workmanship. Eph. 2:10

Spockrates

Just believe exactly what the Bible plainly says. The Bible says fear God. The Bible says God is going to put His wrath on those who destroy the world with their sin. Paul says may a curse be on those who don't love the Lord. Jude says snatch people from the fire. Why think of disappointing God when you have your heart set on pleasing Him?

I'm sorry. I was unaware of that. Will you quote a passage that instructs me to fear God?

popsthebuilder

In law an accuser of libel must prove that he is not the person described in the libel. So, prove it. You can't, because the evidence is on here and you have mistreated a number of people.
Don't try and say that I have done the same, because I am not under judgement as my comments were sincere, honest and verified by the Spirit.
Lol

Spockrates

I believe so. (But may depend on how strict one is with the word "fear".)

For example:
When my husband held me in his arms, I was both, terrified knowing that those very arms could break me into like a twig, and yet I felt completely safe knowing that those very same arms were the ones that would protect me, keep me, sooth me, and care for me.

I vision GOD in like manner ----- terrified of the awesome power He has, yet completely secure in that same power as the very strength that will protect me from harm, provide for me, care for me.

Thank you. My apologies for being clear as mud! What I meant to ask is this: "Is it logical for love to coexist with fear?" Another way of asking the question might be: "Should I fear the one who loves me?"

Let's consider your example: Do you logically have anything to fear from your husband? If you do, then when he acts in ways that are frightening to you, is he at those moments expressing love, or the opposite of love?

popsthebuilder

I'm sorry. I was unaware of that. Will you quote a passage that instructs me to fear God?

There are very many friend.

Know? that fear of GOD is often the beginning of shame which leads repentance. Once these things are realized shame can end.

peace

glorydaz

I have sinned many many times since I was given faith. But I have had patience and an unwavering faith in GOD that grows daily due to the grace of GOD alone. But if I didn't submit whatsoever then that faith and with understanding would not grow.

Do you think others who have faith in the Lord ignore Him? Do you assume they just continue on in this world the way they did before they came to believe? I think that's exactly what you're suggesting.

I received faith in 2011. And though I have sinned knowingly in the past and very well may again in the future, I still have that faith and assurance in the word of GOD.

Ah, you're still a babe. Do you realize you are agreeing with the adversary when you say that? Believers are no longer under the law. It's the enemy who accuses you of breaking a law you are no longer under.

Faith is a thing that grows under the right conditions if you think I am lying then in order to stay intellectually honest you must think scripture is lying.

Now, of course, you cannot be seriously suggesting that I would think scripture is lying just because I don't believe what you say. :think:

I admit that I poorly worded a previous response to you. It was in haste and not meant to be as harsh as it was. The comment about you and your like was simply uncalled for. We are but different branches of the same vine and I should strive to keep that in mind even when in disagreement.

We really aren't different branches of the same vine....I'm not sure where you picked that up.

Surely we can have profitable conversation without the negativity.

Well, let's try, shall we?

I ask that you accept my apology and allow me to attempt to choose my words more carefully towards all those avid seekers of the truth.

You don't have to tread lightly....I don't require an apology for anything you might say. I like honesty.

I am not perfect at all. Do you think the law which is written on the heart itself specifically to the gentile
isn't to be followed?

That depends on what you're talking about. The law written on the hearts of all men is the conscience.

Romans 2:14-15 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

And our hearts are purified by faith, that Christ may dwell in it.

Acts 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Ephesians 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, [/QUOTE]

Do you really believe that faith doesn't cause effect within the individual?

You've swallowed the lies God's unTruth has been spewing, haven't you? Test the spirits.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Spockrates

Foundation.

There are very many friend.

Know? that fear of GOD is often the beginning of shame which leads repentance. Once these things are realized shame can end.

peace

From what book of the Bible does that quote come?

Status
Not open for further replies.