Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Oh i see you go by the teachings of Jesus when it suits you!

I always "go by" the teachings of Jesus. I just know what He is saying...to whom and why.

I'm quite sure I know Jesus's teachings better than you do. He is, after all, the Creator and Almighty God.

marhig

If he obeyed them perfectly, yes, but one single error and he is guilty of all.

We believe and trust in Him...that is the obedience of faith. That is how we show our love for God.

How good is good enough? How many times can one fail? What kind of score must we get before we are cast aside? Tell me, is your faith in your ability to be obedient or in His ability to keep you?

What? So what do you do on a daily basis? If you know it's wrong to do something before God, do you do it regardless? Or do you obey his will and turn from doing it?

marhig

Isaiah said he was a man of unclean lips, and Moses failed to enter the promised land. One thing I do know about both of them....they relied on God not on themselves.
Yes they did rely on God, and they obeyed God and lived by his will too!

marhig

No, that is not how God was manifest in the flesh.

John 1:1-3KJV John 1:14KJV

Here we see John the Baptist being spoken of by Isaiah...."Prepare the way for our God".

Isaiah 40:3KJV The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

John 1:23KJV He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.​

If you can't see that, you can't see anything.
Yes that's right, and God was in Christ. But you can't seem to see that! That's why he did the will of the father, because the father is God and God was in him. Jesus even said to the father, you have given me power over all flesh, this shows that the father gave Jesus the power! And Jesus says that he only speaks what the father gives him to speak, so the father gave him the word too!

marhig

I always "go by" the teachings of Jesus. I just know what He is saying...to whom and why.

I'm quite sure I know Jesus's teachings better than you do. He is, after all, the Creator and Almighty God.
I thought the teachings of Jesus was just for the Jews

And you know his teachings better than me do you? You're pretty sure of yourself GD!

Knowing the teachings of Jesus is one thing, but knowing God in the heart is another!

glorydaz

Yes that's right, and God was in Christ. But you can't seem to see that! That's why he did the will of the father, because the father is God and God was in him. Jesus even said to the father, you have given me power over all flesh, this shows that the father gave Jesus the power!

I can't seem to see? :doh:

When God came down from heaven to dwell among us, He took on the form of a servant. As a servant (human), he only spoke what the Father spoke BECAUSE He really was God. You don't seem to understand that God is triune. God has one name, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

As a man, God humbled Himself...taking on the nature of man. That did not mean He ceased being God and the Creator of all things. He's just bigger than you seem able to comprehend....but unless you do, you do not know who you claim to believe. Plain and simple.

God manifest in the flesh....Are you like Philip asking to see the Father? Jesus rebuked him for not knowing he was seeing the Father. The same God Almighty but manifest in the flesh.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?​

The great I AM and you can't even see it. :nono:

glorydaz

Exactly, they weren't living by God's will, but many here talk down to people who belong to God and treat them as nothing. Just because they don't believe in their false teachings!

You believe in a false gospel GD i hope one day you will see that. We have to obey Jesus, and his gospel, and not just listen to Pauls gospel and twist it, to a listen and do nothing gospel!

I have the Spirit of God dwelling in me. I don't take credit for what the Spirit does.....the fruit is His, the work is HIS, and my very life is His. You call the Spirit's work a "do nothing gospel"? Shame on you.

Truster

the bible says to prepare to answer you are asked about your faith.

You have obligation to reveal what you do for Jesus since you insult your enemy Christians as wicked for no good reason.

When someone asks a question to gain understanding it is always answered. When someone is just trying to trip me up, as they did with Messiah, I don't have to answer. The Bible actually says to be prepared to give a reason for the hope that is in you. I have no obligation whatsoever to the wicked except to treat them in the same way Paul and the Messiah treated them.

glorydaz

Paul says for the older women to teach the younger women to love their husbands.

How can you do that to women that sound like you? What if they told you what you tell me? What if they say you can't tell us what God says to do? What if they said do you love your husband? You do? Oh you are a boaster.

How is it you talk like that?

You cannot even bring yourself to say what we are supposed to do. I ask you what we have to do and you call it boasting. Paul says to teach the younger women to love their husbands, and what I hear from you is that you would tell Paul that you would be boasting if you did that. It sounds like you are saying you are too humble to obey. What kind of sense is that?

Here glorydaz, here is something that Paul tells you to do, and I can actually tell you.

Titus 2:3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

From what I get from what you say, you are too humble to teach a person WHAT TO DO. What I get from you is that you think it is boasting on yourself if you are actually not a slanderer and not addicted to much wine.

Did you read what Paul says? Tell me if you have to do that.

I don't drink wine, and I've tried to teach you, but you just don't listen. The last thing I want to do is make a brag list and gloat and boast as you are wont to do. God forbid the thought would even enter into my mind. You're lucky I don't wipe the dirt off my feet and move on to someone who is actually willing to learn.

Love your husband? Ha. I remember when I tried to tell you not to lecture your daughter about obedience when she just wanted someone to talk to. You should have told her God loves her even when she fails....but, no. You had to preach an unloving God who only has mercy on those who keep up their end of the bargain. You've been a waste of my time for years, and I really get tired of trying....you just don't listen. Your pride won't allow that to happen. May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

Truster

Trust in GOD and the example of the Christ cannot bring about knowing sin. To say so is knowing lie....Read the book friend

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Peace, peace they cry where there is no peace.

How were the saints saved before the law was given? That would include Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham,Isaac, Jacob and Joseph of course. I have read the Book and understood it. You obviously haven't.

Truster

He leadeth me in the paths of justness
for his names sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death
I shall awe no evil.

How can you claim be lead justly, and awe no evil if you don't even attempt to follow the teachings of the Christ?

I don't lead. I'm led and so is everyone born by the Spirit.

marhig

I can't seem to see? :doh:

When God came down from heaven to dwell among us, He took on the form of a servant. As a servant (human), he only spoke what the Father spoke BECAUSE He really was God. You don't seem to understand that God is triune. God has one name, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

As a man, God humbled Himself...taking on the nature of man. That did not mean He ceased being God and the Creator of all things. He's just bigger than you seem able to comprehend....but unless you do, you do not know who you claim to believe. Plain and simple.

God manifest in the flesh....Are you like Philip asking to see the Father? Jesus rebuked him for not knowing he was seeing the Father. The same God Almighty but manifest in the flesh.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?​

The great I AM and you can't even see it. :nono:
There is no such thing as a triune God, there is only one God as he is the father! Jesus clearly says who God is, and what life eternal is

He said that life eternally is this, to know YOU the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom YOU have sent.

Jesus is clearly saying here that the father is the only true God, as that the only true God sent him to do his will!

Truster

That makes perfect sense.

If one has thought and or emotion about a thing then they ascribe a level of value to it based on those emotions and thoughts. If a thing has some value whatsoever to said individual then they indeed have the capacity to have sincerity towards it.

peace

Even you opening line was insincere.

Only the Eternal Almighty is sincere. In His grace and judgements. His sincerity is based on the fact He alone is Good, Just and Holy. If there is anything good found in His saints, it is because He dwells in them.

marhig

I have the Spirit of God dwelling in me. I don't take credit for what the Spirit does.....the fruit is His, the work is HIS, and my very life is His. You call the Spirit's work a "do nothing gospel"? Shame on you.
If you truly have God's Spirit, then you will be overcoming your flesh and your heart will be changing to be more like that of Christ, but that's between you and God.

But one thing is for sure, you don't speak the truth!

And you didn't answer my question, so here it is again in case you missed it, thanks

So what do you do on a daily basis? If you know it's wrong to do something before God, do you do it regardless? Or do you obey his will and turn from doing it?

glorydaz

What? So what do you do on a daily basis? If you know it's wrong to do something before God, do you do it regardless? Or do you obey his will and turn from doing it?

I go about my day trusting in my Lord. I thank Him for whatever He brings my way. I'm not tempted to do anything wrong...why would I be? If I fall down, I thank the Lord I didn't break my ankle again. If I get tangled up in the blackberries I'm cutting, I laugh and thank Adam. I pray for those the Lord brings to my mind. It's not complicated and sin is not even in my radar....Jesus dealt with that on the cross. It's people like you that seem obsessed with sin...not me.

I also spend time on this forum...amazed that there are so many people who would like to know God but can't get past themselves long enough to find Him. But, I love spending time in the word and I love having the Bible so easily accessible. Bible Gateway is a wonderful thing.

Truster

And what did they do by their faith? They obeyed God!

Your false do nothing teaching pulls many down to the pit. There's no such thing as a do nothing gospel. We are to be doers of the word, and we are to obey the living God!

The evangelism (gospel) does everything. That is why Paul said that it is the power of Elohim unto salvation for them that trust. Regeneration turns a rebellious sinner into an obedient son. Having said that the sons are certainly not 100% obedient and that is why we need sanctification. To transform us by the renewing of the mind.

marhig

I don't drink wine, and I've tried to teach you, but you just don't listen. The last thing I want to do is make a brag list and gloat and boast as you are wont to do. God forbid the thought would even enter into my mind. You're lucky I don't wipe the dirt off my feet and move on to someone who is actually willing to learn.

Love your husband? Ha. I remember when I tried to tell you not to lecture your daughter about obedience when she just wanted someone to talk to. You should have told her God loves her even when she fails....but, no. You had to preach an unloving God who only has mercy on those who keep up their end of the bargain. You've been a waste of my time for years, and I really get tired of trying....you just don't listen. Your pride won't allow that to happen. May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

Wow, How self righteous!

"I've tried to teach you but you don't listen"

And

"You're lucky I don't wipe the dirt off my feet and move on to someone who is actually willing to learn."

You're so full of yourself. Yet you teach a false gospel! I'm not surprised GT is not listening to you!

And yes God does love us even when we fail, but we are to say sorry when we do. Not just carry on failing and disobeying him, and GT is right to teach her daughter to obey God!

Those who don't teach their children to obey God, teach their children a false gospel. We are all to obey the living God and do his wil! Jesus said that those who do, they are those who enter the kingdom of heaven and they are those who are his brothers and sisters also!

Truster

It won't break them in a literal sense. It will weaken their faith leading them further from GOD. They will have no escape from the truth.. mercy is the rule more often than not I find. The only real justice is mercy as far as you and I are concerned at this point it seems.

I mean no offence

peace

There is no mercy unto the unregenerate. Anything they receive is to harden them. Either to destruction or salvation. The hardening process is certainly working in you. As is the blinding power of Satan.

Truster

Wow, How self righteous!

"I've tried to teach you but you don't listen"

And

"You're lucky I don't wipe the dirt off my feet and move on to someone who is actually willing to learn."

You're so full of yourself. Yet you teach a false gospel! I'm not surprised GT is not listening to you!

And yes God does love us even when we fail, but we are to say sorry when we do. Not just carry on failing and disobeying him, and GT is right to teach her daughter to obey God!

Those who don't teach their children to obey God, teach their children a false gospel. We are all to obey the living God and do his wil! Jesus said that those who do, they are those who enter the kingdom of heaven and they are those who are his brothers and sisters also!

The filthy dirt is not on your feet. It's in you heart and pours through your mouth.

marhig

I go about my day trusting in my Lord. I thank Him for whatever He brings my way. I'm not tempted to do anything wrong...why would I be? If I fall down, I thank the Lord I didn't break my ankle again. If I get tangled up in the blackberries I'm cutting, I laugh and thank Adam. I pray for those the Lord brings to my mind. It's not complicated and sin is not even in my radar....Jesus dealt with that on the cross. It's people like you that seem obsessed with sin...not me.

I also spend time on this forum...amazed that there are so many people who would like to know God but can't get past themselves long enough to find Him. But, I love spending time in the word and I love having the Bible so easily accessible. Bible Gateway is a wonderful thing.
Fall down or getting tangled in blackberries? Are you for real?

I'm talking about the works of the flesh, hardness, hatred, cruelty, sprite, envy, greed, pride, etc. The things that we have within our hearts before we know God! Not picking blackberries! We are to turn from the works of our flesh and deny ourselves and live by the will of God every day. And if the Spirit is in our hearts, he will strengthen us through Christ, to do so!

But we still have a choice, and as we are tempted and tested, we can either obey God, or not. We have free will, we are not robots being programmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.