Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

This is the picture in my mind's eye of how I see faith alone teachings...

God, in the beginning, "Do this...do that...don't do this...don't do that..."

God, all through the Old Testament, "Repent for not doing this, repent for not doing that".

The faith alone preachers, "What you say is too hard we cannot do anything that you say".

Now this is where the strange doctrine from faith alone preachers, as I hear it...

Jesus says to Paul, "Forget all that obeying stuff, preach a new gospel, it will really trip everyone up, but some of those who hear it will get it, preach that all only have to believe, and if they say they obeyed in any way, then crush them."

Tell me, really, does that sound like teachings from Jesus? I think only the devil would want us to believe we are saved by believing and doing NOTHING, and IF you did do SOMETHING, you are condemned. What? If I obey anything I am condemned.

That is the scenario I get from the faith alone crowd, but this is what I get from Truster and other Calvinists....

Jesus comes and teaches things that no one can do, and no one can even believe...but, if you admit you cannot believe and obey...you are the person who will be saved, but if you believe and do anything what so ever, then you are condemned...uh, except you can believe that you can't believe.

What in the world are you all doing to yourselves? What kind of teachings did you fall for?

From the beginning, God wanted us to believe and obey Him, but He knew we would sin. He also recognized those who did love Him by obeying, and how they were humble and repented when they failed. God sent the Messiah to those people who did right, so that we can be reconciled to Him by God living in us, and us living in Him. Those who believe and obey Him would receive help and mercy and forgiveness and reconciliation.

ClimateSanity

How do you ever get that it is darkness to obey?

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
It is not darkness to truly obey which means at the right time and the right way and the exact thing he wants you to do.

Truster

This is the picture in my mind's eye of how I see faith alone teachings...

God, in the beginning, "Do this...do that...don't do this...don't do that..."

God, all through the Old Testament, "Repent for not doing this, repent for not doing that".

The faith alone preachers, "What you say is too hard we cannot do anything that you say".

Now this is where the strange doctrine from faith alone preachers, as I hear it...

Jesus says to Paul, "Forget all that obeying stuff, preach a new gospel, it will really trip everyone up, but some of those who hear it will get it, preach that all only have to believe, and if they say they obeyed in any way, then crush them."

Tell me, really, does that sound like teachings from Jesus? I think only the devil would want us to believe we are saved by believing and doing NOTHING, and IF you did do SOMETHING, you are condemned. What? If I obey anything I am condemned.

That is the scenario I get from the faith alone crowd, but this is what I get from Truster and other Calvinists....

Jesus comes and teaches things that no one can do, and no one can even believe...but, if you admit you cannot believe and obey...you are the person who will be saved, but if you believe and do anything what so ever, then you are condemned...uh, except you can believe that you can't believe.

What in the world are you all doing to yourselves? What kind of teachings did you fall for?

From the beginning, God wanted us to believe and obey Him, but He knew we would sin. He also recognized those who did love Him by obeying, and how they were humble and repented when they failed. God sent the Messiah to those people who did right, so that we can be reconciled to Him by God living in us, and us living in Him. Those who believe and obey Him would receive help and mercy and forgiveness and reconciliation.

Your ignorance is far too deep to fathom...

ClimateSanity

Repent of your sins or perish.

If the jailer was saved before he was saved, as you claim you were, then why did he ask what he had to do and why then was he water baptized with the baptism of repentance, and why did Peter says THEN you will receive the Holy Spirit?

In Acts 2:37 those to whom Peter preached responded by asking, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

Why did Peter say, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

That is two different times now you see that people asked what should they do and they repented as was evident by their water baptism.

In addition, we see that after Paul believed he was baptized with the baptism of repentance (Acts 9:18); as were the Samaritans (Acts 8:12); the Ethiopian (Acts 8:35-39); Cornelius (Acts 10:47-48) and Crispus (Acts 18:8).
The jailer was saved before he did any good works.

ClimateSanity

Repent of your sins or perish.

If the jailer was saved before he was saved, as you claim you were, then why did he ask what he had to do and why then was he water baptized with the baptism of repentance, and why did Peter says THEN you will receive the Holy Spirit?

In Acts 2:37 those to whom Peter preached responded by asking, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

Why did Peter say, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

That is two different times now you see that people asked what should they do and they repented as was evident by their water baptism.

In addition, we see that after Paul believed he was baptized with the baptism of repentance (Acts 9:18); as were the Samaritans (Acts 8:12); the Ethiopian (Acts 8:35-39); Cornelius (Acts 10:47-48) and Crispus (Acts 18:8).
They repented. That's what you have failed to do because you have not been granted to do so.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The testimony of their words.
Yeppers.

When you see those opposing that salvation is by the righteousness and obedience of one, you know their words are lies.

by the righteousness of one

BY the righteousness of one

by THE RIGHTEOUSNESS of one

by the righteousness OF one

by the righteousness of ONE

No matter how you emphasize it, that includes none (nada, zero, zip) of our righteousness.

by the obedience of one

BY the obedience of one

by THE OBEDIENCE of one

by the obedience OF one

by the obedience of ONE

No matter how you emphasize it, that includes none (nada, zero, zip) of our obedience.

ClimateSanity

You teach that obeying is to 'don't obey'.

You find nothing wrong with that teaching is beyond pathetic.
Quit lying. Obeying means obeying exactly as you are told. You think you obeyed because you stopped eating too much...stopped gossiping...stopped being selfish (at least in your mind)...stopped lusting after men....stopped envying your neighbor( or so you think)... Stopped being lazy( or so you think)???????

If that's the case.......don't look down.....that the mouth of hell opening wide and waiting for you .

God's Truth

I think she's doing impersonations of Greta Bosel "it they won't work let them rot"! Vile, vicious and vindictive.

Are those foul names what you think of Paul, Paul who says, "For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat." 2 Thessalonians 3:10.

Stevo1

You are the three Un's. Unredeemed, Unregenerate and Unrepentant.

In regard "redemption" it is obvious that it has not been applied to you, but might be at sometime in the future. If you are granted repentance and trust unto salvation we* shall see the fruit and recognise it.

we* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.
And you are another Un Truster. UNGODLY.

You are the dead wood of the tree how can any fruit come from you as you don't have to do anything.

A gardener has to tend to his garden he/she has to work to get the good fruit in order to let God come in to do the rest. There is no digging in your case for yourself because you are trying to dig at everyone elses but you don't know that you have to get your own garden right first for people to see the beauty of the lord's works, and then they might want to have the same garden as you. At the moment all I can see is weeds brambles and thorns.

I have hope for you because you are strong in the wrong way but if you could change your heart it could be used in the right way but I will leave that up to God as I am just a humble man and a servant of the living God.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Acts 10:35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you fears God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Truster

And you are another Un Truster. UNGODLY.

You are the dead wood of the tree how can any fruit come from you as you don't have to do anything.

A gardener has to tend to his garden he/she has to work to get the good fruit in order to let God come in to do the rest. There is no digging in your case for yourself because you are trying to dig at everyone elses but you don't know that you have to get your own garden right first for people to see the beauty of the lord's works, and then they might want to have the same garden as you. At the moment all I can see is weeds brambles and thorns.

I have hope for you because you are strong in the wrong way but if you could change your heart it could be used in the right way but I will leave that up to God as I am just a humble man and a servant of the living God.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Tell me what you mean by heart.

Truster

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Acts 10:35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you fears God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Most of us do have Bibles...

Truster

Are those foul names what you think of Paul, Paul who says, "For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat." 2 Thessalonians 3:10.

That was work for income to purchase food...you must be pretending to be stupid. You should go on a talent show. American Idiot maybe...

or IFactor...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeppers.

When you see those opposing that salvation is by the righteousness and obedience of one, you know their words are lies.

by the righteousness of one

BY the righteousness of one

by THE RIGHTEOUSNESS of one

by the righteousness OF one

by the righteousness of ONE

No matter how you emphasize it, that includes none (nada, zero, zip) of our righteousness.

by the obedience of one

BY the obedience of one

by THE OBEDIENCE of one

by the obedience OF one

by the obedience of ONE

No matter how you emphasize it, that includes none (nada, zero, zip) of our obedience.

Yep!

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

God's Truth

That was work for income to purchase food...you must be pretending to be stupid. You should go on a talent show. American Idiot maybe...

or IFactor...

You really don't see how ignorant you are, do you? You gave a quote from a woman you tried to slander me with because I say to obey. I gave you scripture from Paul who says to obey.

God's Truth

Yep!

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

That is about the purification/ceremonial works.

Paul was talking about CIRCUMCISION. Circumcision is the sign for those ceremonial works that we do not have to do anymore.

Romans 2:25Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised.

Romans 2:27 The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

Romans 2:28 A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.

Romans 2:29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

Romans 3:1 [ God’s Faithfulness ] What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision?

Romans 4:11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep!

imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.