ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

heir

TOL Subscriber
These are words from the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ:

Revelation 2:5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent.

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 12:17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.
Liar. The risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ NEVER said that to us!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Wrong gospel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is strange that so many esteem Paul's teachings, yet they refuse to obey Jesus' simple commands and claim to be true and saved Christians..

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

IMJerusha

It is strange that so many esteem Paul's teachings, yet they refuse to obey Jesus' simple commands and claim to be true and saved Christians..

There is nothing wrong with Paul's teachings, Meshak, when subordinated to Yeshua's, Yeshua's teachings being subordinated to God. Man makes doctrinal mistakes when they fail to understand that. The interpretation of Paul's words in the post just prior to this clearly proves that. The words "in Christ Jesus" are totally ignored but Paul stated them for a reason; that reason being that he understood his position under Yeshua. Some folks have elevated Paul to a level God never intended and Paul certainly didn't intend. We can't blame Paul for that. I equate it with what others did with Hillel (or I should just say the Oral Tradition/Talmud since Hillel was before Yeshua), Gamaliel and Peter.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Matthew 23:9 "And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven."

It is common sense for one to come to the conclusion she has. It's not like we don't have physical fathers; of course we do. Yeshua is stating we only have One Spiritual Father and He would, of course, be correct.
I understand having a church leader; that makes sense, but Yeshua pointed us to One Church Father of Whom He is our High Priest. I don't state this here to dis you or other Catholics, Chrys. You are my Brother in Yeshua.

so you don't call anyone on earth father?
and
how many fathers do you have?

IMJerusha

Liar. The risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ NEVER said that to us!

You are incorrect unless you don't agree with Paul but I think someone else here mentioned that you pick through the teachings of Paul and decide which you will adhere to.

IMJerusha

so you don't call anyone on earth father?
and
how many fathers do you have?

I have one physical father and One Spiritual Father. I did point that out, Chrys. There are verses in Matthew 23 that put Yeshua's statement into context. He is speaking about Spiritual leadership and Who it should be attributed to.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have one physical father and One Spiritual Father. I did point that out, Chrys. There are verses in Matthew 23 that put Yeshua's statement into context. He is speaking about Spiritual leadership and Who it should be attributed to.

do you call anyone on earth your father?

please answer this question

IMJerusha

The Body of Christ is not in Revelation.

So you don't adhere to all of Paul's teaching or the King James Version of Scripture or any translation of God's Word for that matter.

If the Body of Christ are the "faithful" in Yeshua then yes, the Body of Christ is addressed in Revelation. You are apparently very willing to cast off a great deal of God's Word in deference to your doctrine. You claim belief in Paul's teaching but only the parts you deem are applicable to you as a Gentile. The problem is, you have to cast off an awful lot of God's Word, and indeed the faith itself, in order to be able to call yourself a Gentile because in Yeshua, there is no Jew or Gentile anymore according to Paul....or is that just more of Paul's teaching you cast off?

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you don'tadhere to all of Paul's teaching or the King James Version of Scripture or any translation of God's Word for that matter.
Try and keep up. Revelation is not written TO us. The BoC is not in Revelation. GT posted it as if it is.

God's Truth

False, we can never be as Christ, which is why He is our Savior.

That is not what the scriptures say.

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

1 Corinthians 15:49
And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Philippians 3:21
who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Colossians 3:10
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

He is who the Father looks upon when He looks upon a believer, we are filled with sin in our flesh.
We are washed. We are to offer our bodies as living sacrifices.

Hebrews 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.

You either trust He did it all for you, or you flail in your flesh without Him.

All your works are as filthy rags.

It is never ever wrong in any way to obey God. God does not tell us our righteous acts are as filthy rags when we do what He says.
God was speaking to the Jews WHO WOULD NOT STOP SINNING. For instance, in the old law, the Jews would sin, then they had to give a sin offering as a righteous act, they had to give sin offerings just to worship God. God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins.

Your false teachers taught you wrong about the filthy rags scripture.

Your righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if you do not OBEY HIM.

IMJerusha

do you call anyone on earth your father?

please answer this question

No. :chuckle: (I'm messing with you since my Dad is deceased.) And I sort of thank you for that because it's the first time I've actually thought with any form of humor on my Dad's death. Chrys, the context of Matthew 23 is important or verse 9 can be misconstrued.

IMJerusha

Try and keep up. Revelation is not written TO us. The BoC is not in Revelation. GT posted it as if it is.

I addressed your post adequately. I notice you are not addressing my response. You cherry picked through it like you do God's Word.

IMJerusha

You're trying to change the subject to Paul, but the subject was GT misapplying Revelation TO us, which it's not.

I'd use your word to describe your response here but I take Yeshua's teaching to heart. The people reading this thread aren't all as pathological a cherry picker as you are and can go back a few pages to read up. Tell me how deception plays into the faith, Heir?

IMJerusha

I don't cherry pick. That's what those who refuse to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV do. That's you.

Then be so kind as to address this post in its entirety.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4361419&postcount=731

BTW, are you aware that Paul had written Timothy regarding care for the church at Ephesus? So, by your reasoning regarding Revelation, Paul's words to Timothy wouldn't apply to us either. You're a cherry picker, and not a very good one either. You either take the faith of Yeshua for your own or you don't.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No. :chuckle: (I'm messing with you since my Dad is deceased.) And I sort of thank you for that because it's the first time I've actually thought with any form of humor on my Dad's death. Chrys, the context of Matthew 23 is important or verse 9 can be misconstrued.

have you ever referred to your dad as your father?