ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

IMJerusha

have you ever referred to your dad as your father?

The point of your question being to pin down whether I ever referred to my Dad as my Father? Yes I have. I thought I'd posted as much when I differentiated between physical (earthly) and Spiritual. The point I have made and will make again here is that I have never referred to my Dad/Father as my Spiritual Father, Master, Yeshua's Father or God. That is the context of Matthew 23. The Pope is not your physical/earthly Father and that was GT's point, I believe, which based on Matthew 23 is a common sense interpretation of that Scripture.

God's Truth

The point of your question being to pin down whether I ever referred to my Dad as my Father? Yes I have. I thought I'd posted as much when I differentiated between physical (earthly) and Spiritual. The point I have made and will make again here is that I have never referred to my Dad/Father as my Spiritual Father, Master, Yeshua's Father or God. That is the context of Matthew 23. The Pope is not your physical/earthly Father and that was GT's point, I believe, which based on Matthew 23 is a common sense interpretation of that Scripture.

Thank you, IMJerusha, that is exactly what I was trying to explain to him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let 'em rip, cast the devil out of john w.

Go.

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Jesus never cast the devil out of any who loved their devil, and it may be that John W will be with the devil forever.

It is his own choice, as it is also for you who loves the same devil.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

ALL of these Scripture verses are written to the "Lost
Sheep of the House of Israel." They're not written to
the gentiles.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Jesus never cast the devil out of any who loved their devil, and it may be that John W will be with the devil forever.

It is his own choice, as it is also for you who loves the same devil.

LA

You're such a "Silly" man.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'd use your word to describe your response here but I take Yeshua's teaching to heart. The people reading this thread aren't all as pathological a cherry picker as you are and can go back a few pages to read up. Tell me how deception plays into the faith, Heir?

Pathological is a mighty BIG word for a 'Pie Lady?' Did you get
that word from Meshak?

glorydaz

I'd use your word to describe your response here but I take Yeshua's teaching to heart. The people reading this thread aren't all as pathological a cherry picker as you are and can go back a few pages to read up. Tell me how deception plays into the faith, Heir?

I'm reading this thread and I see you're still trying to pass yourself off as a believer. That's how deception "plays into the faith". Gal. 2:4-5KJV

Danoh

According to the following principle, or new, general rule of thumb - you're still guilty - Matthew 5:

27. Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Just trying to point out your unawareness of what you have just asserted you think you are following as to "Yeshua's" desired will.

For you unawareness of the difference between a same, general rule of thumb, or principle, that, at the same time, differs in application when due seasons are considered.

Case in point - you see that first word in verse 28 "But" - would you care to venture why He did that - seemingly added to the Law in the way He did?

We know He was the Law's Lord Himself, John 1:1; 17, my question is, have you attempted to understand why He did that?

It is the unawareness of what is going on within such passages; of such dynamics, that has you concluding we are "cherry picking" some passages and ignoring others.

In this, you, in your awareness of the above dynamics, have done just that - cherry picked what applies to you and what does not...

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm reading this thread and I see you're still trying to pass yourself off as a believer. That's how deception "plays into the faith". Gal. 2:4-5KJV
IMJerusha you are passing yourself off as a believer? And you are not a believer.

I would think that is the wrong thing to do in the TOL Exclusively Christian Theology.

glorydaz

IMJerusha you are passing yourself off as a believer? And you are not a believer.

I would think that is the wrong thing to do in the TOL Exclusively Christian Theology.

I should clarify that. She claims she is a believer. I just don't believe her. It's a question of the liberty we have in Christ Jesus as opposed to the bondage of the law as per Galatians.

glorydaz

According to the following principle, or new, general rule of thumb - you're still guilty - Matthew 5:

27. Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Just trying to point out your unawareness of what you have just asserted you think you are following as to "Yeshua's" desired will.

For you unawareness of the difference between a same, general rule of thumb, or principle, that, at the same time, differs in application when due seasons are considered.

Case in point - you see that first word in verse 28 "But" - would you care to venture why He did that - seemingly added to the Law in the way He did?

We know He was the Law's Lord Himself, John 1:1; 17, my question is, have you attempted to understand why He did that?

It is the unawareness of what is going on within such passages; of such dynamics, that has you concluding we are "cherry picking" some passages and ignoring others.

In this, you, in your awareness of the above dynamics, have done just that - cherry picked what applies to you and what does not...

And you bring up a most important fact. Why did our Lord say what He did in Matt. 5? Was it so that we would try even harder to keep the law in our mind as well as our body? Did He leave any room at all where anyone could comply? "Be ye perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect." I see people trying to say He meant "as perfect as we can be" or "complete".

He said perfect and He meant perfect.

When I saw that, I knew, right then and there, I could never be perfect enough for our righteous God. I could try and work and shed blood, sweat, and tears but never be perfect enough.

That's what the LAW is there for. To show us what sin is and to lead us to Christ for HIS mercy and grace. His gift of righteousness. His righteousness accounted to us when we believe/trust in Him. That obedience of Faith....not any attempt at obeying the law of commandments by our own "righteousness".

glorydaz

According to Jesus, forgiveness is reciprocal. We are forgiven to the same extent that we forgive others.

The Bible says our righteousness is as filthy rags to our HOLY God. Our forgiving (no matter how righteous) is as filthy rags. We can't even come close to forgiving as we should until the love of God is shed abroad on our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Not even close. If we think we can then we are fooling ourselves.

Danoh

And you bring up a most important fact. Why did our Lord say what He did in Matt. 5? Was it so that we would try even harder to keep the law in our mind as well as our body? Did He leave any room at all where anyone could comply? "Be ye perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect." I see people trying to say He meant "as perfect as we can be" or "complete".

He said perfect and He meant perfect.

When I saw that, I knew, right then and there, I could never be perfect enough for our righteous God. I could try and work and shed blood, sweat, and tears but never be perfect enough.

That's what the LAW is there for. To show us what sin is and to lead us to Christ for HIS mercy and grace. His gift of righteousness. His righteousness accounted to us when we believe/trust in Him. That obedience of Faith....not any attempt at obeying the law of commandments by our own "righteousness".

Nah; we're both off - for according to a certain individual we're both unable to discern those deeper truths within the various passages soundly...

glorydaz

Nah; we're both off - for according to a certain individual we're both unable to discern those deeper truths within the various passages soundly...

That's okay. We have assurance of our salvation and the worker bees don't. We rest they can't. I'm happy with that. ;)

Danoh

According to Jesus, forgiveness is reciprocal. We are forgiven to the same extent that we forgive others.

You're thinking Aikido's give and take under the Law.

The Cross is Muy Thai Kickboxing's devastating hook kick to the jaw; with its "quickening" knockout of the sin problem once for all.

Not this from Matthew 6:

14. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

But this from Colossians 2:

10. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11. In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12. Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14. Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15. And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

You see that last passage - the accusation is over - the Adversary made a fool by the humility of the Cross.

Rest in that. Walk in that - Romans 5:

1. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Colossians 2:

6. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord [by faith], so walk ye in him [by faith]:
7. Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.