ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus speaks to everyone. The scripture says 'you', but it offended some people here who thought I was singling them out. Now, I say 'we', and you still feel singled out.

That scripture is for everyone.

We have to believe and obey Jesus.
I not nor am I offended, and do not feel singled out.

If I or others get singled out and it bothers me or them, it might indicate that the Holy Spirit convicting them of something they need to take care of.

I had TOL forum member say I singled them out, but not so. I didn't even post any name(s).

Danoh

...You claim Jesus did not say something before he was crucified just because Peter had to later be taught what Jesus meant.

You are in a bad position.

No; that is what you read into our words from where you look at things.

Do you understand what He said in Matthew 10:23, not to mention, what He meant by it?

God's Truth

I not nor am I offended, and do not feel singled out.

If I or others get singled out and it bothers me or them, it might indicate that the Holy Spirit convicting them of something they need to take care of.

I had TOL forum member say I singled them out, but not so. I didn't even post any name(s).

I see what you are saying. If a person was not intentionally singled out, they probably are being convicted. Stan J. keeps saying I condemn people, but I have not told him he was not saved.

God's Truth

No; that is what you read into our words from where you look at things.

Do you understand what He said in Matthew 10:23, not to mention, what He meant by it?

Why won't STP or you explain why you brought up that scripture and what you think it means?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Good, then you will stand before Christ and the Bema Seat Judgment, with clear record and no condemnation.
Romans 8:1 KJV
I hope all who Jesus as Savior appear as you seem to be without any fault, mistake, or sins by omission or commission.
I haven't a sin in need of forgiveness by God. My sins are gone (Colossians 2:11-12 KJV). I'm forgiven all trespasses and I hoped that through this conversation you'd know that is true for you, too (Colossians 2:13 KJV).

As for my studying to show myself approved to God a workman who needs not be ashamed. -- I am disabled/retired, so I am able to read and the study the Scriptures daily for several hours at a time, that way I do not fall behind in Bible study and having material for the nursing home ministry -- as the Scriptures state by the grace of God I am who I am.
Then 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV should be happening! I'll continue to pray for you that you approve things that are excellent as you are in a position of leadership and older people are trusting you as someone who will give them the truth!

Now that's cleared up, heir, you need to shadow somebody else with preconceived ideas about them, in your own special way. If you continue to shadow me, I shall turn it over to the powers that be here at TOL.[/COLOR][/INDENT]
I'm not "shadowing" you. I am subscribed to this thread. Forgiveness is a very important topic and not understanding that all trespasses are forgiven (which they are Colossians 2:13 KJV) leads others to think there is something they need to do (there isn't) when it's already done (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV).

You are free to put me on ignore and/or report me. I'm always sad when a gracer is put in the penalty box because they are set in defence of the gospel (Philippians 1:17 KJV), trying to get others to consider what Paul says (Colossians 2:7-8 KJV), to study the approved unto God way (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) and to approve things that are excellent (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV).

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 8:1 KJV
I haven't a sin in need of forgiveness by God. My sins are gone (Colossians 2:11-12 KJV). I'm forgiven all trespasses and I hoped that through this conversation you'd know that is true for you, too (Colossians 2:13 KJV).
This I do know. 2 Tim. 1:12.​
Then 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV should be happening! I'll continue to pray for you that you approve things that are excellent as you are in a position of leadership and older people are trusting you as someone who will give them the truth!
I take the chaplaincy and the nursing home ministry seriously, and the absolute truth is put forth, and that for 36+ years
I'm not "shadowing" you. I am subscribed to this thread. Forgiveness is a very important topic and not understanding that all trespasses are forgiven (which they are Colossians 2:13 KJV) leads others to think there is something they need to do (there isn't) when it's already done (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV).
Shadowing, sometimes I precieve things to as they are not. Therefore, there no shadowing. To which I apologize for such accusations.
You are free to put me on ignore and/or report me. I'm always sad when a gracer is put in the penalty box because they are set in defence of the gospel (Phillippians 1:17 KJV), trying to get others to consider what Paul says (Colossians 2:7-8 KJV), to study the approved unto God way (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) and to approve things that are excellent (Phillippians 1:9-10 KJV).
I generally don't do ignore. So that will not happen.

I leave this as it is, settled, no harm, no foul.

"Go in peace. The presence of the Lord be with you on your way." Judges 18:6

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I see what you are saying. If a person was not intentionally singled out, they probably are being convicted. Stan J. keeps saying I condemn people, but I have not told him he was not saved.
Stan J. needs to defend his position of salvation.

It's like this, just because a momma cat has her baby kitty's in the oven, doesn't make them biscuits.

Danoh

Why won't STP or you explain why you brought up that scripture and what you think it means?

The point is believe Mathew 10:23.

Simply believe that passage.

Then, explore from that why Peter had to be told to go to Cornelius in Acts 10 "doubting nothing," 10:20, as well as why, when he got there, he was not sure why Cornelius had sent for him to begin with, 10:29.

You have two options - you can come up with your own ideas, or, you can actually look for verses that tell you what was actually going on in Acts 10, and this, in light of the Lord's earlier instruction to Peter, in Matthew 10:23.

rougueone

no it isn't
redemption is dismissing the debt
when Jesus suffered and died
we were redeemed
but
our sins were not forgiven
and
we were not saved
to be saved we must repent our trespasses
and
forgive those who trespassed against us

But our sin;s were forgiven at the cross Chrys. Instantly. For those who believe.
Hence salvation. " Redemption". Sins paid for .
After salvation comes the " work". Forgiving other's, growing, maturing in Jesus, developing through Jesus so that we can forgive other's.

God's Truth

The point is believe Mathew 10:23.

Simply believe that passage.

Then, explore from that why Peter had to be told to go to Cornelius in Acts 10 "doubting nothing," 10:20, as well as why, when he got there, he was not sure why Cornelius had sent for him to begin with, 10:29.

You have two options - you can come up with your own ideas, or, you can actually look for verses that tell you what was actually going on in Acts 10, and this, in light of the Lord's earlier instruction to Peter, in Matthew 10:23.

That scripture does not say stay away from the Gentiles for I will give Paul a different gospel for them.

God's Truth

Jesus' words are forever to everyone.

Before Jesus died he taught the guidelines and rules to the New Covenant.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, it was the blood of the New Covenant.

All can come to be saved by drinking the blood of the Covenant and eating his body.

Believing is as drinking and obeying is as eating.

After we drink his blood and eat his flesh, Jesus gives us pure water to drink, which is the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, John 6:51. This bread is Jesus’ flesh, which he will give for the life of the world, John 6:53.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death, John 8:51.

When we believe in Jesus’ shed blood, we come into the blood covenant with God, Mark 14:24. We believe and this believing is as drinking his blood.

To obey Jesus, to do what the bread from heaven says, this is eating, this is eating the bread from heaven, and it is eating his flesh. Obeying Jesus’ word is equivalent to eating his flesh.

Luke 11:3 Give us each day our daily bread.

Jesus says for us to pray, give us each day our daily bread. That is having Jesus every day, his words, his teachings. We are to eat Jesus every day, which is to obey every day.

John 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Did you hear what Jesus said? Jesus says he who “feeds on this bread.” That is not a onetime thing. We are to eat every day. We are to obey every day.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

When we are hungry, hungry for God’s truth, we come to Jesus. Jesus says, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:51

When we come to Jesus, believe, and obey, Jesus gives us water to drink that is, Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit, John 4:10; 14; John 7:38; 39.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body–whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free–and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

God's Truth

But our sin;s were forgiven at the cross Chrys. Instantly. For those who believe.
Hence salvation. " Redemption". Sins paid for .
After salvation comes the " work". Forgiving other's, growing, maturing in Jesus, developing through Jesus so that we can forgive other's.

Jesus says plainly that you will not be forgiven by the Father if you do not forgive.

Danoh

That scripture does not say stay away from the Gentiles for I will give Paul a different gospel for them.

I knew you would respond exactly as you have. It is your recurrent pattern.

In other words, you chose option one - you read your idea of what I was talking about into what I was talking about and then you ran with it.

Why? Because you did not go with the second option.

For, unless I am losing my eyesight, I doubt I will be able to find having written anywhere in this thread what you have just said I supposedly meant.

I never said any of those passages say "stay away from the Gentiles for I will give Paul a different gospel for them."

That is your fool idea read by you into what I said you might consider doing - "simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23.

I know I wrote that in English. I know you read and write in English.

It has to be you have read your ideas into my words once more.

That is your recurrent pattern.

Instead of "simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23."

Just do that much - this here "simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23."

Can you do that much?

You can't, can you?

And you will now respond with more of your ideas.

Notice that when you ask for us to explain what we mean, you disagree.

And that when we do not explain what we mean, you then have a problem with that.

And that when advised to "simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23" you come up with some idea about what you think we mean.

Do you realize that if you were to raise a child that way it would end up double-minded [unstable] in all its ways?

That is exactly how you come off to others on here. First one way, then the other, then the other way again, and then back to...

Try this - "simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23."

And if that does not work and you find yourself replying "That scripture does not say stay away from the Gentiles for I will give Paul a different gospel for them," well then, try this:

"Simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23."

Try that, not your ideas about what we mean.

See what doing that much - this here - "simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23" - gets you.

Then, share whatever that reveals to you - NOT what YOU think we are talking about.

Can you do that?

Can you ""simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23."

Let me know if you need me to repeat that all you are being asked to consider is to "simply believe Matthew 10:23 and then study Acts 10 in light of Matthew 10:23."

Other passages will come to your remembrance as you study that out.