ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

IMJerusha

You never said it more clearly you think just as those false teachers at Galatia that since He is the God of Israel we must serve Him as the Jews did.

That is FALSE doctrine, that was what Paul quarrelled with Peter about....you are wrong.

A couple of things we always need to keep in mind.
1) The God of Israel IS our God.
2) Through Yeshua we have been adopted and are full beneficiaries in God's Promises.

We can not do God's Will without Yeshua and we do it with the help of the Ruach. That does not remove from us our ability to disobey. We can and do with regularity. That's because we are sinners in need of forgiveness. The Ruach is not a sinner, however. So what does the Ruach do? God's Will....the Law. How do we know what God's Will is? From the Ruach, yes? Yes. So, when we are being obedient to the Ruach, what are we being obedient to? The Law. Now, if you want to run around claiming that the leadership of the Ruach is false, you go right ahead, but I won't! Nor will I declare that it's okay to live in lawlessness because it's not. So let me reword your statement according to your belief: You never said it more clearly you think just as those false teachers at Galatia that since He is the God of Israel we must serve Him as Yeshua and the Ruach do.

God's Truth

A couple of things we always need to keep in mind.
1) The God of Israel IS our God.
2) Through Yeshua we have been adopted and are full beneficiaries in God's Promises.

We can not do God's Will without Yeshua and we do it with the help of the Ruach. That does not remove from us our ability to disobey. We can and do with regularity. That's because we are sinners in need of forgiveness. The Ruach is not a sinner, however. So what does the Ruach do? God's Will....the Law. How do we know what God's Will is? From the Ruach, yes? Yes. So, when we are being obedient to the Ruach, what are we being obedient to? The Law. Now, if you want to run around claiming that the leadership of the Ruach is false, you go right ahead, but I won't!

We CAN believe and OBEY Jesus before being saved.

If you do not, then you will not be saved.

Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey. See John 14:23, and Acts 5:32.

You will not be family and friend and a disciple to Jesus unless you obey.

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

You will not even be forgiven IF YOU do not forgive other people!

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

John 8:31
[ Dispute Over Whose Children Jesus’ Opponents Are ] NET Bible
Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

John 13:17
Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

John 15:10
If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

1 John 2:3 And by this we may know that we know Him--if we obey His commands.

John 14:15 NET "If you love me, you will obey my commandments.

God's Truth

do you believe we can stop sinning?

Of course, we can stop sinning. Do what Jesus says and you will know how to stop sinning.

I will explain how if anyone is interested.

Jesus says to fear God; Jesus says to become as a child; Jesus says to admit you are a sinner; Jesus says to die to the sins of this world.

Do what Jesus says and you will see the truth, power, and love of God.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Of course, we can stop sinning. Do what Jesus says and you will know how to stop sinning.

I will explain how if anyone is interested.

Jesus says to fear God; Jesus says to become as a child; Jesus says to admit you are a sinner; Jesus says to die to the sins of this world.

Do what Jesus says and you will see the truth, power, and love of God.

do you know anyone who has stopped sinning?
do you know that paul was upset with God because he couldn't?

God's Truth

answer the question

You are the one who does not and cannot answer the questions.

The only thing you can do now is to repent and obey Jesus.

You would have to give it all up for Him, and that means leave your old denomination, and disappoint family and friends, and give up all the pomp and smoke screens, and stained glass cathedrals. You would have to give up all those years and time that were for naught.

IMJerusha

When I was a Catholic, since birth, really, I was raised to keep asking for forgiveness for the same sins, repeatedly. I lived a contrite life, while I sinned.

The Catholic religion will keep you from God.
They baptize you as an infant and tell you that you are already in, and to be contrite for your sins, and to confess them to the priest.

They do not tell you that we can know that we are saved after repenting of our sins, doing what Jesus says, and actually obeying God and stopping our sins.

The Catholic denomination will keep you from God's Truth.

Okay, so you dispute some of the practices and doctrines of Catholicism. That doesn't mean, however, that the faith expression will keep people from God. I have no doubt that Heaven will be littered with Catholics and anyone who calls upon the Name of Yeshua for their salvation and follows Him.

God's Truth

maybe you and others are misinterpreting paul

peter warned us about that

Paul beat his body to make it obedient to him!

It only hurts for a little while, for the one who has suffered in the body is done with sin.

People train more for a race than for giving up sins for eternal life!

1 Corinthians 9:27; 1 Peter 4:1; Hebrews 12:1.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We ought to be paying for forgiveness of our sins daily because we are not perfect.

Believe in otherwise is deceiving ourselves.