ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

God's Truth

I kinda sorta think that the believe part comes first and then the conviction to repent.

It does not matter which you say first, as long as you do it.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Don't argue about things that do not matter.

So, how do you know what sin is?

The whole Bible is a teaching on how to love.

We are to search for God, and we will find Him, if we search with all our heart.

We search by getting Jesus' teachings in the New Testament, and we find God by doing what Jesus says. That is how we search for God with all our heart, and that is how we find Him.

IMJerusha

It does not matter which you say first, as long as you do it.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Don't argue about things that do not matter.

I don't think Yeshua would have sent out His followers to preach the Good News if it didn't matter.

The whole Bible is a teaching on how to love.

We are to search for God, and we will find Him, if we search with all our heart.

We search by getting Jesus' teachings in the New Testament, and we find God by doing what Jesus says. That is how we search for God with all our heart, and that is how we find Him.

Ah, so you do believe it matters. Glad to hear it! :) Because it really makes no sense to repent if you don't know what you're repenting for.

You didn't answer my question: how do you know what sin is?

God's Truth

I don't think Yeshua would have sent out His followers to preach the Good News if it didn't matter.
Why do you say such evil things?
Where did I say the Good News does not matter?

Ah, so you do believe it matters. Glad to hear it! :) Because it really makes no sense to repent if you don't know what you're repenting for.

Jesus says that if anyone obeys his teachings they will get understanding! See John 7:17.

Just obey and believe, or believe and obey.

You didn't answer my question: how do you know what sin is?

Read what Jesus says and you will know.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus told us to pray Lord's prayer.

Why people don't understand this simple word of Jesus?

Jesus says to pray:

"Our Father, who art in heaven, hallow be thy name, thy kingdom come.....

Give us this day our daily bread, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who..."

my goodness.

IMJerusha

Why do you say such evil things?
Where did I say the Good News does not matter?

I didn't state you did. What I am stating is that it makes no sense to repent if you don't know what you are repenting for. Actually, this is the second time I have posted that on this page. Please....read.

Jesus says that if anyone obeys his teachings they will get understanding! See John 7:17.

Just obey and believe, or believe and obey.

Actually, Yeshua was speaking to those who already believed in the Father and was stating that by their understanding of God's Will, they would know that His teachings are from God and then He slapped them with conviction when He stated in verse 19, "Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law." My point was that belief in God and Yeshua must come first and then comes the conviction to repent. Hence the wisdom in the statement, "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief."

Read what Jesus says and you will know.

I did. Yeshua doesn't put the cart before the horse.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

What good is it to say the prayer and not live the prayer?

What? That's like asking what good it is to believe in Yeshua when we can't live like Yeshua. The point of the prayer is praise and petition. The prayer keeps us mindful of God's expectations of us and rewards for us. Paul was very clear that we would all be judged and rewarded according to our actions both good and bad. That means that our reward may not necessarily be a good thing. 2 Corinthians 5:10

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Luke 11:2King James Version (KJV)

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

God's Truth

I didn't state you did. What I am stating is that it makes no sense to repent if you don't know what you are repenting for. Actually, this is the second time I have posted that on this page. Please....read.

Actually, Yeshua was speaking to those who already believed in the Father and was stating that by their understanding of God's Will, they would know that His teachings are from God and then He slapped them with conviction when He stated in verse 19, "Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law." My point was that belief in God and Yeshua must come first and then comes the conviction to repent.

I did. Yeshua doesn't put the cart before the horse.

It does not matter what you say. It matters only what Jesus says. Jesus says IF ANYONE wants to know if what he says is true or not.

You are a hostile person. Why don't you check yourself?