ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

God's Truth

I know this is hard for you to grasp, but Paul wasn't giving his opinion ("his words"+. He was giving us what the RISEN LORD Jesus Christ revealed to Him. Christ's work on the cross really did change everything. Why you people can't see that is beyond me. :doh:

Gal. 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Your entire post is nonsense, and it's no wonder you have no assurance of salvation.

Do you know what a covenant of blood is?

The guidelines must be followed exactly.

When Jesus was on earth, he gave the guidelines to the New Covenant.

If you do not do exactly as Jesus says, you are not in the New Covenant.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you know what a covenant of blood is?

The guidelines must be followed exactly.

When Jesus was on earth, he gave the guidelines to the New Covenant.

If you do not do exactly as Jesus says, you are not in the New Covenant.
You say that because you do not have understanding.

(This is fun.)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
This is a part of the message for Sunday at the retirement and healthcare center where I'm the chaplain.

This is serious instruction about forgiving and forgiveness, how serious is it. I take it very serious, since Jesus said it, I believe it is an absolute truth.

What do you say?

Mark 11:25-26
"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Luke 6:36
Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
These two examples come from the authentic voice of Jesus. There is nothing about a blood sacrifice and there is everything about repentance and a contrite heart before a God of mercy.

A merciful God who demands distributed justice for all is not the same God as the one demanding justice by spilling blood on the altar for salvation. The forgiving God is the older tradition.

The Aaronite priestly cult is the newer, sacrificial system.

Both of these traditions are contradictory but they should be seen, in my view, of the heartbeat of history and the Bible: in-out, in-out. This heartbeat is the normalcy of civilization: a relationship between forgiveness and condemnation.

But I believe in Jesus as the norm of the Bible and his appearance on earth walking among men was so grounded in mercy and nonviolence and acceptance that he was called Son of God, Messiah, Prince of Peace, etc. after his death.

He became a breath of fresh air--like a lovely spring rain.

For me, the earthly Jesus is what is important. Not the divine ethnic cleanser of John of Patmos' Book of Revelation.

IMJerusha

I know this is hard for you to grasp, but Paul wasn't giving his opinion ("his words"+. He was giving us what the RISEN LORD Jesus Christ revealed to Him.

EXACTLY! The very same Revelation He imparted personally to those He walked with. The very same Lord who declared "I and the Father are one." Yeshua is one with the Father who does not change, His purpose in Yeshua revealed long before He sent Him. The very same Yeshua who declared before He died and rose "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." The message through Paul wasn't new or different. It was only fulfilled.

I have assurance and trust in Yeshua's Words. :)

IMJerusha

God has made His gospel so extraordinarily simple, the meanest, the poorest, the most foolish person can understand it.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved"

And YOU make a dog's dinner out of it.

Why?....because I understand the necessity of remaining in Yeshua per His instruction? Yeshua didn't make a dog's dinner out of His own Words. He laid out the particulars of the New Covenant.

Paul's gospel has primacy in the church because God PERSONALLY called and appointed Paul to teach it to the Gentiles, God PERSONALLY taught it to Paul.

I don't dispute that.

Paul's gospel does not differ from Christ's gospel.

I absolutely don't dispute that.

What was different was the audience.

I have no doubt that Paul's audience consisted of both Jews and Gentiles, because Scripture tells us so.

The Gentiles never at any time were given the law to obey.

But if they accepted the God of Israel, they were expected to obey His Law. Don't just give one side of things, Tottie. Gentiles who didn't believe in the God of Israel weren't given the Law. Gentiles who did believe were given the Law.

the law was given to the Jews and they never kept it...

Proof positive that God's Grace and Forgiveness abounded before the all exalted "Dispensation of Grace."

...so God abolished the law as a way of attaining righteousness.

:chuckle: You wish! But that's pure falsehood. "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 What Scripture do you think Paul was talking about? So, we do not look to the Law for salvation but rather we look to Yeshua for our salvation and live according to the Law just as Yeshua does because it is God's Law that teaches us God's Will.

YOU as foolish and stiffnecked as ever your race was want to go back to what God has abolished...worse you want to teach everyone else to do so.

It is YOU who have failed to abide in Christ, you have backslidden.....

Letting your bigotry show, Tottie, not to mention that my "race" would be a kluge of French, German, Irish, English and Swedish. "Abiding" does not mean resting on your tuchus and sinning to your heart's content. It means remaining in Yeshua and being obedient to the leading of the Ruach...showing forth His fruit. No fruit, no salvation. Forgiveness is part of the fruit of the Ruach.

...all of the epistle of the Hebrews is written to YOU with all it's dire warnings.

Why is that?...was Yeshua's blood not enough to cover me? If I remain in Him, per His instructions, His blood will be plenty. But what happens to those who practice magic arts, who are sexually immoral, who continue in the sin of murder, idolatry and falsehood? Well, let's see, "Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." My suggestion: wash your robe (remain in Him).

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You never said it more clearly you think just as those false teachers at Galatia that since He is the God of Israel we must serve Him as the Jews did.

That is FALSE doctrine, that was what Paul quarrelled with Peter about....you are wrong.

achduke

You never said it more clearly you think just as those false teachers at Galatia that since He is the God of Israel we must serve Him as the Jews did.

That is FALSE doctrine, that was what Paul quarrelled with Peter about....you are wrong.

The Jews did not serve him correctly either. Jesus made that very clear. The Jewish leadership were hypocrites and they also taught that their own laws and superceded God's laws. Paul was a perfect Jew but being perfect at something wrong is still wrong.

Act 22:3 "I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers' law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today.

Act 22:4 "I persecuted this Way to the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women,

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God demands worship in the Spirit, that is something the Jews knew nothing about.

To the Samaritan Christ said neither on this mountain nor yet at Jerusalem but the true worshippers of God must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

This is EXACTLY Paul's doctrine.

2. Cor.3

....our sufficiency is from God who has qualified us to be ministers of a new covenant, not in written code but in Spirit for the written code KILLS but the Spirit gives life.

Now If the dispensation of death, carved in stone [the 10 commandments] came with such splendour that the Israelites could not look at Moses face because of it's brightness, fading though it was

Will not the dispensation of the Spirit be attended with greater splendour? For if there was splendour in the dispensation of condemnation the dispensation of righteousness must far exceed it in splendour.

Indeed in this case what once had splendour [still talking about the commandments] has come to have no splendour at all because of the splendour that surpasses it.

For if what faded away came with splendour, that which is permanent must have much more splendour.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We live according to the inner life of Christ in the Spirit...not by obeying commandments.

It is far, far superior a righteousness.....grace is higher than law.

The law is for backsliders.....they failed in this new way of the Spirit and so now they are turned back to the written code....they ought to have turned back in their backsliding to Calvary, to the cross.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
every sunday at mass
we say this prayer

The Our Father
Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Mount of Olives - Church of Pater Noster

this place has the prayer in many languages

God's Truth

every sunday at mass
we say this prayer

The Our Father
Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Mount of Olives - Church of Pater Noster

this place has the prayer in many languages

When I was a Catholic, since birth, really, I was raised to keep asking for forgiveness for the same sins, repeatedly. I lived a contrite life, while I sinned.

The Catholic religion will keep you from God.
They baptize you as an infant and tell you that you are already in, and to be contrite for your sins, and to confess them to the priest.

They do not tell you that we can know that we are saved after repenting of our sins, doing what Jesus says, and actually obeying God and stopping our sins.

The Catholic denomination will keep you from God's Truth.

God's Truth

We live according to the inner life of Christ in the Spirit...not by obeying commandments.

It is far, far superior a righteousness.....grace is higher than law.

The law is for backsliders.....they failed in this new way of the Spirit and so now they are turned back to the written code....they ought to have turned back in their backsliding to Calvary, to the cross.

If you are not obeying Jesus you are not living.

Jesus' words are full of life and Spirit.

If you do not do what the Word says, then you have no life.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
When I was a Catholic, since birth, really, I was raised to keep asking for forgiveness for the same sins, repeatedly. I lived a contrite life, while I sinned.

The Catholic religion will keep you from God.
They baptize you as an infant and tell you that you are already in, and to be contrite for your sins, and to confess them to the priest.

They do not tell you that we can know that we are saved after repenting of our sins, doing what Jesus says, and actually obeying God and stopping our sins.

The Catholic denomination will keep you from God's Truth.

do you say the Our Father?

God's Truth

The Catholic denomination teaches to be sorry for your sins. I was sorry for my sins even while doing them, and even learned how to make excuses for the sins that I did.

The Catholics had other stuff for us to do to get around the obedience to Christ part. The Catholics said to baptize your babies as infants, go to confession to a Catholic priest, go to church every Sunday, and get married in the Catholic church. In addition, have a priest give you your last rites before you die...

None of those things are what the Bible says.

All those things will keep you far from God.

We have to get Jesus' teachings and obey them, and call on Jesus to help us.

That is how we will be saved and have life.