ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

IMJerusha

It does not matter what you say.

Oh, now you're just being petty. If it doesn't matter what I say, why should it matter what you say? Just a thought.

It matters only what Jesus says. Jesus says IF ANYONE wants to know if what he says is true or not.

And nothing I have posted refutes that or any of Yeshua's Words.

You are a hostile person. Why don't you check yourself?

Okay, checking....nope, not hostile....not the least bit. Perhaps you just prefer to take me that way or accuse me as such? :idunno:

God's Truth

Oh, now you're just being petty. If it doesn't matter what I say, why should it matter what you say? Just a thought.

And nothing I have posted refutes that or any of Yeshua's Words.

Okay, checking....nope, not hostile....not the least bit. Perhaps you just prefer to take me that way or accuse me as such? :idunno:

You are hostile and you did go against what Jesus said.

I do not want to argue with an angry woman.

I have done this with you before and I would prefer to get away from you.

achduke

so you no longer say the prayer

can you tell us why?

Why does everyone constantly pray our Father. It was an example on how to pray. Not to be prayed everytime.

Mat 6:7 "But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Mat 6:9 "In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.

Does "in the manner" mean to say the exact same thing every time when Jesus talks about vain repetitions just before his example on how to pray?

IMJerusha

You are hostile and you did go against what Jesus said.

I do not want to argue with an angry woman.

I have done this with you before and I would prefer to get away from you.

I am hostile because you state that I am? Interesting. What I am is sitting in a chair before a computer attempting to have a discussion with you and what you are is accusatory for no good reason other than you don't care for my posts. You can't imbue with me negative characteristics simply because you don't care for my posts. That's useless and casts a poor light on you, not me. You are more than welcome to leave. I'm not keeping you here.

IMJerusha

Why does everyone constantly pray our Father. It was an example on how to pray. Not to be prayed everytime.

Mat 6:7 "But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Mat 6:9 "In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.

Does "in the manner" mean to say the exact same thing every time when Jesus talks about vain repetitions just before his example on how to pray?

Yes, but a very good example and sometimes praying that prayer helps us get to a point of praying other prayers. It certainly is a dialogue opener. It's like teaching our children to pray at the table before eating. A child that learns to thank God for his/her food, even a repetitive prayer, grows with God. What makes repetitive prayer vain is the attitude of the pray-er.

God's Truth

I am hostile because you state that I am? Interesting. What I am is sitting in a chair before a computer attempting to have a discussion with you and what you are is accusatory for no good reason other than you don't care for my posts. You can't imbue with me negative characteristics simply because you don't care for my posts. That's useless and casts a poor light on you, not me. You are more than welcome to leave. I'm not keeping you here.

The north wind brings forth rain, And a backbiting tongue, an angry countenance.

IMJerusha

the calvinists
the mad people
and
gt

all have something in common

they don't use the Lord's prayer

so what does that mean?

That Yeshua meant the prayer to be a model and prayer from the heart that follows that model is acceptable to God? :idunno:
It doesn't mean the content of Yeshua's prayer is somehow wrong.

God's Truth

Yes, but a very good example and sometimes praying that prayer helps us get to a point of praying other prayers. It certainly is a dialogue opener. It's like teaching our children to pray at the table before eating. A child that learns to thank God for his/her food, even a repetitive prayer, grows with God. What makes repetitive prayer vain is the attitude of the pray-er.

You should be living the Lord's Prayer.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so what part of this is a problem?

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

3 Give us day by day our daily bread.

4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

IMJerusha

so what part of this is a problem?

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

3 Give us day by day our daily bread.

4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Nothing that Yeshua taught us is a problem, Chrys. It's what we do with His teachings that can get us in a bit of a jam. Again, nothing in that prayer is wrong. How could it be?

God's Truth

the calvinists
the mad people
and
gt

all have something in common

they don't use the Lord's prayer

so what does that mean?

It means you are an accuser and false witness.

I said to obey and live the Lord's prayer.

You live your life disobeying God, for you are a Catholic.

You do what God hates and what Jesus says not to do.

Don't harden your heart to what I am saying.

Even Catholic priests have repented of the Catholic religion and have come to a knowledge of the truth.

http://www.bereanbeacon.org/testimonies/Former_Priests/Richard_Bennett.pdf