ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes they have.

No they didn't.

Peter and James quoted OT prophecies to show that they had been fulfilled.

For David is not ascended into the heavens but he himself saith "The Lord said unto my Lord sit Thou at My right hand

Until I make Thy foes Thy footstool....

Does Christ still have foes? then He is at the Father's right hand still.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus told the 12 whoever drinks His blood has eternal life, and would be raised up on the last day.

How is having eternal life and being raised up on the last day not "being saved"?

Luke 18:34 KJV -

John 20:30-31 KJV - John 21:25 KJV

The 12 didn't understand fully, until Paul.

heir

TOL Subscriber
John.

14 years before Paul wrote 2 Corinthians.

So much for 98 A.D.
LOL! It was Paul!

2 Corinthians 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

2 Corinthians 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

2 Corinthians 12:5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

2 Corinthians 12:6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The scripture from Jesus you cited does not prove that the 12 knew, or that the blood of Christ saves us and seals us and that anyone other than Paul preached the Cross.
Peter didn't even know Christ would die let alone for anyone's sins! Just look at Peter's reaction to the Lord shortly before His death telling Peter what must happen (and again no mention of dying for anyone's sins as it was still mystery 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For David is not ascended into the heavens but he himself saith "The Lord said unto my Lord sit Thou at My right hand

Until I make Thy foes Thy footstool....

Does Christ still have foes? then He is at the Father's right hand still.

Christ Jesus sat at the right hand of God for 40 years until 70AD.

In 70AD, the enemies of Jesus (those who pierced Him, the wicked generation, etc) had the wrath of God come down on them via the Roman army.

Then Christ Jesus sat on the throne of God (David's throne) in the kingdom, and the Saints who were raised are reigning with Christ Jesus right now until the "thousand years" are over.

When the thousand years are over, the second resurrection will take place, and then Satan, death, and unbelievers will be thrown into the lake of fire.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The scripture from Jesus you cited does not prove that the 12 knew, or that the blood of Christ saves us and seals us and that anyone other than Paul preached the Cross.

No.

The scripture he provided does not prove that.

There is no reason to even look for one.

The cross alone does not save us.

The blood of Christ cleanses us.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nope.

There you go trespassin'.

Hey, that carries the same penalty as girl slappin'. :shocked:

Translated: Jeff can't get "gals" to notice him, goes into a "haven't had my fix in awhile" tantrum, and drops back and .....

beefypunter.jpg

Don't want to offend your buddy, Craigie, eh man pleaser? Tell us about the Roman army, Jeff. Have Craigie splain it to you, Lucy, in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.