Executing homosexuals

genuineoriginal

It's not about supporting *perverts* but rather about supporting the rights of others to make their own choices as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others.
That is the problem. Allowing perverts to spread their perversion does infringe on the rights of others.

Did you happen to notice that perversion was not one of the protected rights in the Bill of Rights, but practice of religion is protected?

It is only in the last 60-70 years that perversion has become mainstream enough to allow perverts to say they have a right to be perverts.

Arthur Brain

Exterminating an entire group?
Where do you get your foolish ideas from, anyway?

What you are calling an "entire group" is a number of individuals with similar offensive behaviors.
There are no other identifying characteristics.
This is about behavior modification, not about extermination.

Next thing you will do is put all adulterers into a protected group and say that anyone that speaks out against adulterers are adulterophobic bigots.

In case you didn't get it the first time:

Rather it is about extermination for any who don't conform their 'behaviour' to your totalitarian standard. You don't have to support or condone sexual practices by standing against killing people for their own private sexual lives. You OTOH support killing people and just don't have the guts to admit it.

genuineoriginal

The law changed under Christ's priesthood (Heb 7:12). He abrogated the death penalty when he abrogated Deuteronomy 19:21 (cf. Matthew 5:38-39).
Thank you for providing a reasoned argument based on scriptures.

Do you believe that murderers, rapists, and kidnappers should no longer be put to death?

How are you planning to stop the spread of murder, rape, and kidnapping without the death penalty?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Exterminating an entire group?

That's exactly what would happen. Any time a group of religious fanatics seize power they start rounding people up. It'd be a matter of time.

What you are calling an "entire group" is a number of individuals with similar offensive behaviors.

"Millions of people from all walks of life" is a better way to put it.

:rotfl:

So indulge us, doc, and explain how you'd go about modifying sexual orientation. This sounds more and more like A Clockwork Orange.

genuineoriginal

"Millions of people from all walks of life" is a better way to put it.
See, they are not a group.

The only way millions will die is if they refuse to repent.
As long as idiots are telling homosexuals that they are not perverts but their desires are normal, they will have no reason to repent.

Granite

Hall of Fame
See, they are not a group.

:rotfl:

I think you're just trolling at this point.

The only way millions will die is if they refuse to repent.

So millions are gonna die if maniacs like you ever get your way. Yeah, we know that. We've been saying that all day, knucklehead.

genuineoriginal

I can't figure out why you're so gutless to stand behind what you advocate.
Homosexual sex is a crime worthy of death.
That is just a fact of life.

My saying it is no different than if I said that premeditated murder is a crime worthy of death.
That too is just a fact of life.

Arthur Brain

Homosexual sex is a crime worthy of death.
That is just a fact of life.

No it isn't, neither's adultery. Only zealous lunatics like you would hope to impose such a law where you'd have people killed for it.

My saying it is no different than if I said that premeditated murder is a crime worthy of death.
That too is just a fact of life.

The fact is that murder (rightfully) is considered a major crime, which the law reflects. Suck it up.

Doormat

Thank you for providing a reasoned argument based on scriptures.

Do you agree with my argument? If not, then counter with a reasoned argument based on scripture.

Do you believe that murderers, rapists, and kidnappers should no longer be put to death?

I believe the physical death penalty has been abrogated, so yes. I also know that God forgave my sins and I was not put to death, and I can be merciful to others as God has been merciful to me.

How are you planning to stop the spread of murder, rape, and kidnapping without the death penalty?

By preaching the gospel.

Doormat

Doormat said:
God abrogated the (physical) death penalty for everybody. Only those who have no sin can cast a stone, so everyone is disqualified. In this dispensation, governments do not have a special license or obligation to execute offenders.
So all murderers, kidnappers, and rapists are to go free?
I think you are a bit confused about this.

When God forgave king David for his death penalty offenses, it typified the forgiveness you would receive for adultery. You were not executed for adultery even though you deserve to be executed for adultery. If you argue for the death penalty, you fulfil the parable of the unforgiving servant.

Granite

Hall of Fame
False dichotomy.

Those are the exact choices you're giving them. Death or deception just to suit you and your mores.

Let's just cut through this tangled furball of garbage, shall we? Outlawing homosexuality is never going to happen. Fantasizing about it is the only comfort bigots have left, and they'll wither on the vine eventually.

Short of an apocalyptic collapse of order that would lead to a theocratic regime seizing power in the United States, this remains nothing more than a nightmarish fantasy.

However: Given the hatred expressed by homophobes for virtually every aspect of their country, it's pretty clear they're rooting for the bottom to fall out so they can fill the vacuum and seize their opportunity. Many of them have openly mused about such a scenario, if only because they realize it's the only way they'd ever come to power. A rational, sane country would never allow it.

genuineoriginal

Do you agree with my argument? If not, then counter with a reasoned argument based on scripture.
You seem to be grasping the difference between a sin being worthy of death and the sinner being punished by the death penalty.
Removing the death penalty from the sinner does not mean that the sin no longer is worthy of death.

I believe the physical death penalty has been abrogated, so yes. I also know that God forgave my sins and I was not put to death, and I can be merciful to others as God has been merciful to me.
Yes.

1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​

But what happens to those that refuse to acknowledge their sins?
How can they confess to God that they sinned against Him by doing what they think is a natural way of expressing homosexual "love"?

By preaching the gospel.
Do you agree that the cross is the heart of the gospel?
Did you know that the cross was the way the Romans carried out the death penalty?
Do you agree that the death penalty for our sins was carried out on the cross so we could live in righteousness instead of in wickedness?

1 Peter 2:24
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.​

genuineoriginal

When God forgave king David for his death penalty offenses, it typified the forgiveness you would receive for adultery. You were not executed for adultery even though you deserve to be executed for adultery. If you argue for the death penalty, you fulfil the parable of the unforgiving servant.

Then it is a good thing that I don't argue for the death penalty.
:thumb: