Executing homosexuals

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You keep saying things like that as if you think it matters.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.​

The ONLY ones that will inherit eternal life are those who
place their faith in Christ as their Savior and are sealed and
indwelt by the Holy Spirit!

Who are the unrighteous? They are those who have not availed themselves of God's gift
of forgiveness, mercy, and eternal life; which is in Christ, through faith!

Who are the righteous? Those who, by faith have received the righteousness of Christ!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Actually, I am talking about God here.

Your understanding, perhaps, but your opinion of what scripture says on this subject is hardly universal. Any justification for murderous bigotry is unacceptable, and I don't care what the source happens to be.

genuineoriginal

Your understanding, perhaps, but your opinion of what scripture says on this subject is hardly universal. Any justification for murderous bigotry is unacceptable, and I don't care what the source happens to be.
That is good, because I am not a bigot.
I don't care whether the homosexual is Rich, Poor, Jewish, Black, Male, Female, Caucasian, or Buddhist.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That is good, because I am not a bigot.
I don't care whether the homosexual is Rich, Poor, Jewish, Black, Male, Female, Caucasian, or Buddhist.

Being an equal opportunity offender doesn't make you any less of a hateful human being who regards the idea of exterminating an entire group just part of doing business.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You hate God. I get it.

Not the first time I've heard this asinine little counterattack, probably won't be the last.

Playing this card is a last-ditch, pathetic attempt by a Christian to avoid having any kind of an actual discussion. Disagreement with you doesn't constitute hating you, GO. And make no mistake: You're not talking about God here.

The only person throughout this thread who's spoken about hatred...is you. Hate's on your mind, and hate defines what you believe about this subject. Own up to your hatred and move on.

^ This ...

Doormat

Pick any capitol crime. When God prescribed the death penalty for that crime did He do that because he wanted people to die, or because He wanted people not to commit acts worthy of death?

God abrogated the (physical) death penalty for everybody. Only those who have no sin can cast a stone, so everyone is disqualified. In this dispensation, governments do not have a special license or obligation to execute offenders.

Doormat

If Jesus had rejected capital punishment, He would never have allowed Himself to be put to death on the cross.

Jesus was murdered. Are you seriously going to imply that Jesus would not be against an innocent man being executed?

The law changed under Christ's priesthood (Heb 7:12). He abrogated the death penalty when he abrogated Deuteronomy 19:21 (cf. Matthew 5:38-39).

Doormat

I don't WANT anyone to be punished for the evil they do.
I merely accept that there is no way to maintain a civilized society without punishing the people destroying it for their own selfish desires.

You believe you want to maintain a "civilized society" and see executing homosexuals as necessary to that end. Therefore, you want homosexuals executed if they don't cease from homosexual sex. You've already admitted you don't have a plan.

Arthur Brain

There is a difference between a zealous legalist and someone zealous for the law, but you have shown you don't have the capability to understand the difference.

Acts 21:18-20
18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.
19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.
20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:​

What you advocate makes you akin to the pharisees, hence legalist along with all the other nuts who advocate the same.

Arthur Brain

I knew about her stand on abortion, but was not aware that she stood for the death penalty as well.

Now, if she would only turn away from supporting the perverts that are causing a lot of the problems she fights against . . .

Oh, I think she's a bit too smart and compassionate to become anything like yourself, so don't get your hopes up.

:e4e:

Doormat

... some sins are so disruptive to a stable society that the only way to preserve the society is to impose the harshest penalty on those sins.

You've claimed elsewhere that you've committed adultery in the past. The penalty for adultery under God's law is execution. You've claimed that you believe God will reinstitute the Temple and Mosaic Law in the future. How will you avoid being executed for adultery at that time since there are more than three witnesses on TOL that have read your confession? Why will others be executed for adultery at that time, but not you?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I knew about her stand on abortion, but was not aware that she stood for the death penalty as well.

Yeah ... comprehensive reading and all. :plain:

Now, if she would only turn away from supporting the perverts that are causing a lot of the problems she fights against . . .

*She* (also known as me) fights against actual and willful harm towards others. Murder, rape and child molesters intentionally and maliciously harm other human beings. There are actual *victims* involved. In all three cases, I support the death penalty and actually reject life imprisonment.

Abortion is also the willful, intentional killing of another human being that is usually performed out of selfishness and convenience. A child (who is unable to protect him/herself) is the victim.

That is not the case with homosexuality. It is not remotely similar.

It's not about supporting *perverts* but rather about supporting the rights of others to make their own choices as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others.

Doormat

Crimes against humanity, as defined by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court Explanatory Memorandum, "are particularly odious offenses in that they constitute a serious attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of human beings." They are not isolated or sporadic events, but are part either of a government policy (although the perpetrators need not identify themselves with this policy) or of a wide practice of atrocities tolerated or condoned by a government or a de facto authority.

You are not explaining how homosexuality is a crime against humanity, which is what I asked you to do. I see nothing in that definition that can be linked to what homosexuals think or do. You'll have to elaborate to make your point.

The crime against nature or unnatural act has been a legal term in English-speaking states for forms of sexual behavior not considered natural and seen as punishable offenses. Sexual practices that have historically been considered by some to be "crimes against nature" include anal sex and bestiality.

It has already been pointed out to you that homosexuality occurs in nature. Consider that it's likely more heterosexuals per capita engage in anal sex than homosexuals.

It seems that you are really opposed to anal sex, not homosexuality. You've offered no evidence or explanation to indict homosexuality per se. To clarify, please explain exactly how two homosexual women living as a couple is a crime against nature and a crime against humanity.

genuineoriginal

Being an equal opportunity offender doesn't make you any less of a hateful human being who regards the idea of exterminating an entire group just part of doing business.
Exterminating an entire group?
Where do you get your foolish ideas from, anyway?

What you are calling an "entire group" is a number of individuals with similar offensive behaviors.
There are no other identifying characteristics.
This is about behavior modification, not about extermination.

Next thing you will do is put all adulterers into a protected group and say that anyone that speaks out against adulterers are adulterophobic bigots.

In case you didn't get it the first time:

This is about behavior modification, not about extermination.

genuineoriginal

Asking for the extermination of any group of people
or individuals is NOT a true Christian position!
Don't be fooled!
You just don't want any homosexual to repent because you want to keep all of them out of the kingdom.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.​

genuineoriginal

God abrogated the (physical) death penalty for everybody. Only those who have no sin can cast a stone, so everyone is disqualified. In this dispensation, governments do not have a special license or obligation to execute offenders.

So all murderers, kidnappers, and rapists are to go free?
I think you are a bit confused about this.