Executing homosexuals

genuineoriginal

God was dealing with the House of Israel in the
Old Testament!
Would you please explain why you think that is relevant?

Do you believe the children of Israel were more wicked than any other nation when God gave them the Law?

Do you believe that the nations were not to see the Law and think it is more righteous than their laws?

I really am not able to see your point.

Doormat

Check out Romans 1:26 It deals with females on this issue!

Romans does not create new law, so ultimately what matters is what is written in the Mosaic law. The context of Romans 1:26 is idolatry (see Ro 1:23), not homosexuality. We should not assume Romans 1:26 is about female homosexuality when it could easily be about women who remained virgins to serve as priests in the cult of Vesta.

zoo22

God instituted the death penalty for homosexual sin.
Can you honestly sit there and claim that God wanted them executed?
Really?
If so, you don't know God.

Tell me, what do you believe that God wants done if someone is an unrepentant homosexual?

What do you want done if someone is an unrepentant homosexual?

Posted from the TOL App!

genuineoriginal

There is not one single verse in the entire Bible that states homosexuality per se is sin.
Well, that is a lie straight from the pit of hell.
Whoever taught you that nonsense?

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

A prohibition against male homosexuality in general would read, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind." Period.
No, it would state it exactly as it states it.
Thou shalt not lie with mankind (males) as with womankind (females).
The Bible does not use the word sex, and the Old Testament was written in a way that the descriptions for the sexual act were shielded to protect the sacredness of the act.

Leviticus 18:22-23
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.​

These verses are very straightforward in their descriptions.
Men are not to have sex with men.
Neither men nor women are to have sex with animals.

I don't. The law is transformational when the person understands why behavior contrary to Matthew 7:12 is sin, and that understanding comes through grace not law.
Then you should try to understand why God declared homosexual sex to be a crime worthy of the death penalty.

Jesus said that the Law and the Prophets were contained in these two commandments:

Matthew 22:36-40
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.​

Here is the second one in context:

Leviticus 19:17-18
17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.​

If you notice, the person that hates his neighbor will refuse to rebuke him and will allow him to continue sinning.
The rebuke against sin is part of the commandment to "love thy neighbour as thyself."

Nobody likes to be rebuked, which is probably why you think Matthew 7:12 overrules Matthew 22:39.
But think it through, what is the result?

Hebrews 12:11
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.​

Doormat

What part of "God forbid" and "Flee fornication" are you having problems understanding?

This is what I meant by the usage of the word undermines your position:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals ...

Fornication cannot be homosexuality because they are listed as two separate acts in the same epistle you quoted. They can't be the same act, if you believe the translators. Furthermore, the word translated to homosexuals was a word that Paul coined, not the Greek word for homosexuals. I can't indict people for acts that are not contrary to Matthew 7:12 based on such little evidence consisting solely of a few poorly translated scriptures.

doloresistere

This is what I meant by the usage of the word undermines your position:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals ...

Fornication cannot be homosexuality because they are listed as two separate acts in the same epistle you quoted. They can't be the same act, if you believe the translators. Furthermore, the word translated to homosexuals was a word that Paul coined, not the Greek word for homosexuals. I can't indict people for acts that are not contrary to Matthew 7:12 based on such little evidence consisting solely of a few poorly translated scriptures.

Fornication is having sex without commitment. Homosexuality has nothing to do with that. Homosexuality hurts no one.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Law of God, given through Moses, provides different punishments for different crimes.
Some crimes require repayment plus a percentage.
Some crimes require flogging.
Some crimes require the death penalty.

When Paul states that those who do such are worthy of death, he is referring to the death penalty for those crimes in the Law.

When John states that there is a sin unto death, he is referring to the death penalty for specified crimes in the Law.

Good, because I am not calling for it either, I am calling for repentance of a crime that is so vile that God said it is worthy of the death penalty.

That was the way God was dealing with the House of Israel!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Would you please explain why you think that is relevant?

Do you believe the children of Israel were more wicked than any other nation when God gave them the Law?

Do you believe that the nations were not to see the Law and think it is more righteous than their laws?

I really am not able to see your point.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that! Ignorance has that effect on certain people!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Romans does not create new law, so ultimately what matters is what is written in the Mosaic law. The context of Romans 1:26 is idolatry (see Ro 1:23), not homosexuality. We should not assume Romans 1:26 is about female homosexuality when it could easily be about women who remained virgins to serve as priests in the cult of Vesta.

Not a correct conclusion! Try again! This time, include
the complete context! I was referring to Romans 1:26
anyway! Remember?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well it seems that since I put the scarecrow on ignore for being more mulish than a brick wall no one else has any evidence to support their opposition either.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ignorance can be cured.
Explain why you think it is relevant.

Do you believe homosexual sex is only an abomination if it is done by the children of Israel?

It's still an abomination however, it's not dealt with now, as it
was during the Old Testament period! God's Grace is extended
to those who will place their faith, during this time! ALL sin is
worthy of death! God's gift is able to take care of that!

Granite

Hall of Fame
GO's proving, yet again, that homophobes have more gay on the brain than gay people.:chuckle:

genuineoriginal

John isn't speaking of "execution" by man's hands! You wish he
were, so then, you could keep on asking from the death penalty
for homosexuals!

I am not asking for the death penalty.
I am stating that God said homosexual sex is a crime worthy of death.

You still haven't addressed why God would say that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can I prove that?
I am not a homophobe.

YES, you are.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homophobe

homophobe - a person who fears or hates homosexuals and homosexuality.

It takes a special kind of hatred to have such a gleeful wish to have homosexuals legally put to death via the death penalty.

Deny it all you like. As someone who is also PRO-death penalty, I will guarantee you that those who I want to see put to death for criminal actions are not on my "happy happy joy joy love letter list".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am not asking for the death penalty.
I am stating that God said homosexual sex is a crime worthy of death.

You still haven't addressed why God would say that.

You keep gravitating back to the Old Testament and the House
of Israel, who were under the law! ALL sin is worthy of death,
not just homosexuality! And, that particular death has a spiritual
connection! Remember, "The wages of sin is death!"