excellent example of MADism:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We can't say the we repent of what we have been doing that then carry on.
Sure you can.
GOD Himself repented of doing good for His people.
Do you think GOD just quit ever doing good for His people anymore?
He did good things to them several times, and did bad things to them several times.
He didn't have to stop doing either, even though He repented of doing both of those things.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry meshak I don't agree, Paul clearly says that a remnant will be saved. And that remnant are all those who believe in Christ Jesus.

He seem to be saying remnant is literal Jews.

You see, that's why I am not much of Paul's fan.

Jesus does not play favoritism.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stop trying to twist the gospel to suit your flesh!
Twist the gospel?????
Rabbit trail.

"Repent" does not mean "stop sinning", unless you think GOD stopped sinning.
GOD repented multiple times.

You going to keep bringing up rabbit trails, or are you now going to concede to the truth of scripture that "repent" does not mean "stop sinning"?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He seem to be saying remnant is literal Jews.
They are.

You see, that's why I am not much of Paul's fan.
Paul was a chosen servant of the ascended Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that received a direct revelation from the ascended Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Jesus does not play favoritism.
Wonder why Jesus said He was only sent to Israel?
Wonder why GOD picked the nation of Israel over all other nations of the world?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
His mixed messages are everywhere.
The messages of Jesus were also mixed.
You need to go with the flow of Jesus, and not stop at any particular place.

Matthew 10:5 KJV
(5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

And then He changed it.

Matthew 28:19 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

When the ascended Lord and Savior Jesus Christ gave His revelation to Paul, things changed some more.

john w

Hall of Fame
So what is repentance to you then? When you repent to God what do you think it means?

Repentance, as pertaining to one' eternal destiny..

Change your mind, re. your condition, and your view that you can be justified by self effort, and agreeing with God("confess"), that no amount of works can justify yourself, admitting that you come short, are guilty, and accept, by faith, the gift of God, the Saviour's work, 2000+ years ago, by His dbr, as the sole solution to the sin/sins issue, the sole basis of your acceptance by Him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am only reflecting what Paul says.

His teaching is not consistent with what Jesus says. This is my point.
Jesus' own words were not consistent.

Matthew 10:5 KJV
(5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

And then He changed it.

Matthew 28:19 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

When the ascended Lord and Savior Jesus Christ gave His revelation to Paul, things changed some more.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's funny that the Catholic Church teaches a sinless Mary, who they literally assumed into Heaven by their own dogma and which the Reformers would declare nonsense (the only truly orthodox dogma of Mary is her virgin conception of Christ)- and yet here some are preaching that a person can be made sinless :AMR: