excellent example of MADism:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It's funny that the Catholic Church teaches a sinless Mary, who they literally assumed into Heaven by their own dogma and which the Reformers would declare nonsense (the only truly orthodox dogma of Mary is her virgin conception of Christ)- and yet here some are preaching that a person can be made sinless :AMR:

More like reckoned sinless.

Romans 7:17

“Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.”

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It's funny that the Catholic Church teaches a sinless Mary, who they literally assumed into Heaven by their own dogma and which the Reformers would declare nonsense (the only truly orthodox dogma of Mary is her virgin conception of Christ)- and yet here some are preaching that a person can be made sinless :AMR:

I've always equated her with the cart that carried the Ark.:car:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I've always equated her with the cart that carried the Ark.:car:

The RCC calls her the 'Ark of the New Covenant', which I like- I think it's a bit of an over veneration- ultimately- but nonetheless flattering to theological thought.

She is Jesus' mother after all- she raised him from birth and watched him die on the cross. I don't particularly like talking about her.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The RCC calls her the 'Ark of the New Covenant', which I like- I think it's a bit of an over veneration- ultimately- but nonetheless flattering to theological thought.

She is Jesus' mother after all- she raised him from birth and watched him die on the cross. I don't particularly like talking about her.

She had her mother son time with Him. :)/:cry:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And what about all the artificial colorings cooked in?

Revelation 10:9

“And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.”

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

I also edited in a crying smiley.

Genesis 2:24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
[MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] ,

There is humorous mischief in [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] 'a demeanor. Look into his eyes, in his picture. He would treat you with Christian Love if you ever ran into him. He stands up for absolute grace and the hope of humanity in Jesus. He refuses to compromise what he understands in scripture and makes people dive deeper into scripture to search Christ out more completely. He wears no cloak of flattery and addresses people who add to Ephesians 2:8 at any point ... with scathing warnings. Read Jesus in the gospels and note how he dealt with people that complicated salvation.

I'm not trying to upset you or take sides... but without dynamic opposition in positive manners ... how would we grow?

Look more deeply into the "heart" behind Saint John W .

- Peace

Do not call black to be white.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have thanked no one in this thread other than them that are in your bullying hate-filled non-MAD wolf pack.

You laugh when your bullying hate-filled non-MAD wolf pack says John W. is ugly.

All while you prop yourself up as being a cleaner filthy gutter rat.

Priceless!

You have confessed that you are an unclean rat and think scripture justifies you in being that, as well by your opinion of all other believers.

One must be clean and Holy to enter the first resurrection.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Won't speak for anyone else but...if the majority of TOL is correct that forgiveness and justification are not by grace through faith but have to be worked for and/or worked at to keep them, then God may as well send me to the Lake of Fire NOW because I'm not going to make it.

The issue regarding the entering of the first resurrection (its stringency)is not the same as surviving the last judgment.

Paul showed concerning the life one must live to be in the first resurrection.--

Php 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

With God all things are possible to those who believe.

Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
Mal 3:4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.
Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Yet people like John W, and most Madists, teach that he as a believer, can kill 600 men and it will not affect his salvation.

Now is God lying or is John W.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

LA

marhig

Quite irrelevant.

What do you think of "Captain Crunch cereal?

Fun!
No it's not irrelevant, Judas went and hung himself, so do we Spiritually if we carry on wilfully sinning once we have repented. We die spiritually by our own hand, because we put our flesh and sin before God!

marhig

He seem to be saying remnant is literal Jews.

You see, that's why I am not much of Paul's fan.

Jesus does not play favoritism.
The remnant is the remnant of the literal Jews, along with the remnant of the gentiles that go in. They all become one with God and Christ through Christ when they believe in Jesus and the gospel, and have faith in him and God, and then we walk in the spirit.

The remnant are not the millions who say I believe and give lip service and worship outwardly, the remnant are those who are those who worship inwardly, circumstanced of the heart, worshipping God in Spirit and in truth, and they are those who do the will of God. These are the remnant these are Israel.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He seem to be saying remnant is literal Jews.

No.

Paul was never saying that.
That is what Dispys think, not Paul.

We should give God credit for how His word is framed to catch men in their carnality. Men who have decided that as they have received something of God, have not given their heart fully to God, and reigned in life without Him, thinking they are something great, and attracting other idolaters to join them.

Paul spoke against such, as they also attacked him.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
2Co 11:5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
2Co 11:6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.
2Co 11:7 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?
2Co 11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.
2Co 11:9 And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.
2Co 11:10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.
2Co 11:11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.
2Co 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Judas was the prime example of that.

Peter exposed what they do--

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No.

Paul was never saying that.
That is what Dispys think, not Paul.

We should give God credit for how His word is framed to catch men in their carnality. Men who have decided that as they have received something of God, have not given their heart fully to God, and reigned in life without Him, thinking they are something great, and attracting other idolaters to join them.

Paul spoke against such, as they also attacked him.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
2Co 11:5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
2Co 11:6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.
2Co 11:7 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?
2Co 11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.
2Co 11:9 And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.
2Co 11:10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.
2Co 11:11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.
2Co 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Judas was the prime example of that.

Peter exposed what they do--

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

LA

I understand what you are saying. Like I said, Paul's word is just confusing. It is easily taken he is teaching against His word.

Why do you think there are so many heretics using Paul's teachings instead of Jesus' word?

OSAS is one of them, and faith or grace onlyism too.