excellent example of MADism:

john w

Hall of Fame
So when we repent then we are to turn from what we are doing!

Did Judas do that? Nope. It means change your mind.

Can the LORD God assert that He is going to do something, later choose not to do what He said He would do prior? Yes? What would you call that? Let me guess: He is turning from what He was doing, and stopped sinning.

Morons.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God teaches right through the Bible that we are to turn from sin!
Sure does.
But the word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning".
One can repent from doing good (has nothing to with "stop sinning").

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

john w

Hall of Fame
To repent means to be sorry and to turn away.

Made up. Judas repented,Lamont.

I know that I can't be sorry for something,...

Repentance, as in "changing your mind," may lead to being "sorry," or it may not. You are confusing the cause, with the effect, dummy.

God teaches right through the Bible that we are to turn from sin!

Correct. And? Turning from sin is not the biblical definition of "repentance. You made it up.

john w

Hall of Fame
Sure does.
But the word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning".
One can repent from doing good (has nothing to with "stop sinning").

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Bingo, Tam....Knock out punch..

marhig

Paul also says this:

Romans 11:1-6New International Version (NIV)

The Remnant of Israel

11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”[a]? 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

First of all Paul says did God reject his people, by no means I am an israelite myself.

So Paul being a Jew did God reject him? No because he was brought into the body of Christ. And this is the same for all Jews, God wants them back, but they have to believe in his son.

Then look at these verses at the end of those verses you quoted

So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace

Paul is saying that there is a remnant chosen, not that all Jews are chosen. And the remnant are those who believe in Jesus, who no longer live by the letter of the law but are led by the spirit through Christ who have the laws written in their hearts and minds. And we then become one body, one church, jew and gentile with Christ as our head.

marhig

Did Judas do that? Nope. It means change your mind.

Can the LORD God assert that He is going to do something, later choose not to do what He said He would do prior? Yes? What would you call that? Let me guess: He is turning from what He was doing, and stopped sinning.

Morons.
Ok, what sin did Judas commit after he repented?

marhig

It's a rabbit trail, trying to steer the conversation away from the point that "repent" DOES NOT mean "stop sinning".

Have you come to the realization yet that "repent" does not mean "stop sinning"?
Of are you going to hang on to that lie like GT does?
So what is repentance to you then? When you repent to God what do you think it means?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's between you and GT,
It's between me and anyone that tells that the word "repent" in scripture means "stop sinning".

From the scriptures given, it should be OBVIOUS that is not the definition of the word "repent".

I can hardly believe we have to keep repeating this.
Do ya'll want the truth of scripture or not?

marhig

He is saying God did not reject Israel. Yes He did. Because they disobeyed Him over and over.
He didn't reject the Israelites who believed in Jesus, did he?

So what do you think he would do today if any of the Jews believed in his son? Reject them?

marhig

It's between me and anyone that tells that the word "repent" in scripture means "stop sinning".

From the scriptures given, it should be OBVIOUS that is not the definition of the word "repent".

I can hardly believe we have to keep repeating this.
Do ya'll want the truth of scripture or not?
You preach a false gospel. We can't say the we repent of what we have been doing that then carry on.

What does to repent mean to you?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what is repentance to you then? When you repent to God what do you think it means?
Oh my gosh!
How many times does one have to give you the definition and then show you multiple scriptures using the word before you grasp it?

All you have to do is search the scriptures for the truth.
And I did a lot of the searching for you already.

If the word of GOD itself cannot convince you, there's nothing left that will.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why am i? Because I won't condemn all Jews? Why would I, God loves them too, he wants us all back. But if any of us reject Jesus, Jew or gentile then we have no hope.

I am only reflecting what Paul says.

His teaching is not consistent with what Jesus says. This is my point.

marhig

Oh my gosh!
How many times does one have to give you the definition and then show you multiple scriptures using the word before you grasp it?

All you have to do is search the scriptures for the truth.
And I did a lot of the searching for you already.

If the word of GOD itself cannot convince you, there's nothing left that will.
What? I've already said that when God repented he turned back from what he was doing or going to do.

And that's what we have to do when we repent, only we are to turn from sin.

Stop trying to twist the gospel to suit your flesh!

marhig

I am only reflecting what Paul says.

His teaching is not consistent with what Jesus says. This is my point.
I'm sorry meshak I don't agree, Paul clearly says that a remnant will be saved. And that remnant are all those who believe in Christ Jesus.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one