excellent example of MADism:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I believe that there are good as bad everywhere, and I wouldn't condemn anyone especially not a whole nation. Many of the Jews believed in Jesus and followed him. And they a part of his church. So I believe that we should leave all that in Gods hands. I don't believe that it's the natural Israel that are Gods people, circumcision of the flesh profits nothing, it's the circumcision of the heart that God wants and that is done through the spirit. This is the spiritual Israel, and they are all the Jews and gentiles who have come to God through Christ.

But really meshak, can you see why the Jews today don't believe? Man has changed the gospel so much that they are told that they are to believe that there is a three in one God and that God came from heaven to be crucified to save us. They believe in one God not a three in one, they will never believe in Christ Jesus whilst they hear untruths like this.

Of course I believe Spiritual Israelites. But Paul's word seem to be giving special treatment to the Jews.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So when we repent then we are to turn from what we are doing!
One can repent (reconsider) from evil thoughts or good thoughts.

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

john w

Hall of Fame
Matthew 27:3 KJV
(3) Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Yes, bora of Tam....A 6 year old can understand this, bit these Lamont's think, "Well, Professor Judas/Demas taught me that repent means 'stop sinning/turn from sin,' so I will be just fine."

It is called anti thinking.

marhig

The word "repent" means "a changing of your mind" (reconsider).
You can "repent" of many things. The word itself has nothing to do with sinning or not. The word itself just means to reconsider.

It most definitely does not mean "stopped sinning" (as the foolish woman, GT declares) because scripture has GOD repenting a lot.

Deuteronomy 32:36 KJV
(36) For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

Genesis 6:6 KJV
(6) And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Judges 2:18 KJV
(18) And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.

1 Samuel 15:11 KJV
(11) It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.

2 Samuel 24:16 KJV
(16) And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

Psalms 90:13 KJV
(13) Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.

Jeremiah 4:28 KJV
(28) For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Jeremiah 18:8 KJV
(8) If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Ezekiel 24:14 KJV
(14) I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD.

Amos 7:6 KJV
(6) The LORD repented for this: This also shall not be, saith the Lord GOD.

Judges 21:6 KJV
(6) And the children of Israel repented them for Benjamin their brother, and said, There is one tribe cut off from Israel this day.

Matthew 27:3 KJV
(3) Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Luke 16:30 KJV
(30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

Acts 3:19 KJV
(19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

GT needs to repent (reconsider) what the word "repent" means.

That's between you and GT, I know what to repent means. And I know that if I say that I'm sorry to God for doing something and I mean it, then I am to stop doing the thing that I was doing wrong.

Repent in the dictionary

repent

r??p?nt/

verb

verb:*repent; 3rd person present:*repents; past tense:*repented; past participle:*repented; gerund or present participle:*repenting

feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.

"the Padre urged his listeners to repent"

synonyms:feel remorse for,*regret,*be sorry for,*rue,*reproach oneself for,*be ashamed of,*feel contrite about,*wish that one had not done something;*More

be penitent,*see the error of one's ways,*be regretful,*be remorseful,*be repentant,*be conscience-stricken,*be guilt-ridden,*wear sackcloth and ashes

"he later*repented of*what he had done"

view or think of (an action or omission) with deep regret or remorse.

How can we say sorry to God and then Carry on doing the thing that we said we are sorry for doing?

marhig

Of course I believe Spiritual Israelites. But Paul's word seem to be giving special treatment to the Jews.
I honestly don't believe that meshak, I wish we were closer so that we could meet and read together :)

john w

Hall of Fame
That's between you and GT, I know what to repent means. And I know that if I say that I'm sorry to God for doing something and I mean it, then I am to stop doing the thing that I was doing wrong.

Repent in the dictionary

repent

r??p?nt/

verb

verb:*repent; 3rd person present:*repents; past tense:*repented; past participle:*repented; gerund or present participle:*repenting

synonyms:feel remorse for,*regret,*be sorry for,*rue,*reproach oneself for,*be ashamed of,*feel contrite about,*wish that one had not done something;*More

be penitent,*see the error of one's ways,*be regretful,*be remorseful,*be repentant,*be conscience-stricken,*be guilt-ridden,*wear sackcloth and ashes

How can we say sorry to God and then Carry on doing the thing that we said we are sorry for doing?

Just lovely...The wolf quotes a dictionary, instead of surveying the bible, comparing scripture, with scripture.

Look here...Here is the definition of "wolf" in the dictionary-your picture is right next to it:

View attachment 25302

Moron. Take your seat.

marhig

Yes, bora of Tam....A 6 year old can understand this, bit these Lamont's think, "Well, Professor Judas/Demas taught me that repent means 'stop sinning/turn from sin,' so I will be just fine."

It is called anti thinking.
So what was the outcome of Judas? It's a simple question?

daqq

Sell all you have...Show yourself to a Levitical priest and off er the gift that Moses commanded...Go to Jerusalem 3 times a year to keep "the appointed times"/feasts...Raise the dead....Pick up venomous snakes.............

All problematic for you because you see, walk, and talk according to the belly flesh. I have Moshe with me because the Word which he wrote I have written in my heart, and I am the Levite, and I have no physical land inheritance, and I do not have anything of my own to sell because it was taken from me in the sins of my youth, and the Testimony of Messiah has indeed awakened the dead through me, and my appointed times are kept even though I was not able to keep them before my appointed time, and now I do walk in the feasts of my Father in Spirit and in truth, even going up to Yerushalem of above on a daily basis, three times daily, with evening and morning offerings, on my knees with the window of my chamber open toward Yerushalem of above. And you say pick up venomous snakes too? Do you not know that the portion of Mark you reference was probably added by your mother church and your idol fathers and scribes? Nevertheless have I not already laid my hands upon you, dear nineveh? And what did you do? First you defiled yourself with cursings, then you opened your mouth in blasphemy against Elohim, to blaspheme His name, and His Tabernacle, those tabernacling in the heavens, and revealed your own fruit of a dead man walking, just as all serpents do, for they too are cursed to walk according to the belly of the flesh, just as you do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Repent in the dictionary

repent

r??p?nt/

verb

In the dictionary????

I gave you several scriptures which has GOD repenting.
You think GOD was sorry because He sinned and that's why He repented????
This is beyond stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!

Scripture interprets scripture.
Believe the scriptures.
GOD repented.

marhig

Did GOD stop sinning?
Nope, He never started.
"Repented" does not mean stopped sinning.
To repent means to be sorry and to turn away.

I know that I can't be sorry for something, then pray to God, and keep on doing it. If I do, then I face his wrath.

God teaches right through the Bible that we are to turn from sin!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what was the outcome of Judas? It's a simple question?
It's a rabbit trail, trying to steer the conversation away from the point that "repent" DOES NOT mean "stop sinning".

Have you come to the realization yet that "repent" does not mean "stop sinning"?
Of are you going to hang on to that lie like GT does?