excellent example of MADism:

marhig

You missed it-you assert repent means stop sinning, and not "just carry on with the same sin regardless doing the same thing knowing it's wrong before God?"

Judas repented. Did he stop sinning, turn from sin? No? Then repent cannot mean "stop sinning..turn from sinning."

Sometimes I wonder if you morons deserve my brilliant, and humble, presence, on TOL.
Actually, when we repent of what we have done, we are to stop doing that sin, we all sin but we shouldn't wilfully sin. If we know is wrong before God, we should stop doing it. And if we have the Holy Spirit then he will give us the power to help us to overcome!

So what happened to Judas?

john w

Hall of Fame
Actually, when we repent of what we have done, we are to stop doing that sin, we all sin but we shouldn't wilfully sin. If we know is wrong before God, we should stop doing it. And if we have the Holy Spirit then he will give us the power to help us to overcome!

You can't be this stupid. I will slow it down for you.

You missed it-you assert repent means stop sinning, and not "just carry on with the same sin regardless doing the same thing knowing it's wrong before God?"

Judas repented. Did he stop sinning, turn from sin? No? Then repent cannot mean "stop sinning..turn from sinning."

Sometimes I wonder if you morons deserve my brilliant, and humble, presence, on TOL.

marhig

You can't be this stupid. I will slow it down for you.

And what happened to Judas?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak Paul believes in a spiritual Israel it was Paul who said this

Galatians 3

There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Above is the church, the body of Christ

Galatians 4

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?*For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was.by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born.after the Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free

Paul preached regarding a Spiritual Israel. Which is the freewoman and her children, which is the body of Christ, those born after the Spirit and not of the flesh. The new Jerusalem above us all is the kingdom of God brought to us through the holy spirit. And we are all one in God and Christ.

Thus the true Israel are those who worship God in spirit and in truth, live by his will and follow Jesus. Regardless of what they were before, whether it be Jew or Gentile.

Hope this helps regarding Paul, o hope to show you that he is a true apostle of God :)

Paul also says this:

Romans 11:1-6New International Version (NIV)

The Remnant of Israel

11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”[a]? 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

john w

Hall of Fame
What happened to Judas?

Did he stop sinning....and "just carry on with the same sin regardless doing the same thing knowing it's wrong before God?" No? But the bible says he repented. Thus, repent cannot mean "stop sinning...stop carrying on with the same sin," as you assert.

Sit, Lamont-you can't be this stupid.

marhig

Paul also says this:

Romans 11:1-6New International Version (NIV)

The Remnant of Israel

11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”[a]? 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Meshak, what about the Jews who believed in Jesus?

marhig

Did he stop sinning....and "just carry on with the same sin regardless doing the same thing knowing it's wrong before God?" No? But the bible says he repented. Thus, repent cannot mean "stop sinning...stop carrying on with the same sin," as you assert.

Sit, Lamont-you can't be this stupid.

Ok I'll word it differently seeing as you don't seem to understand me.

What happened to Judas in the end? What was his outcome?

john w

Hall of Fame

So, did Judas repent, according to the bible, and the verse, where it says he did?

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven: neither in the age wherein you now dwell, nor in the age to come if indeed you overcome. Therefore you better hope and pray there are indeed two "ages" to the span of a man because as for this, your first age, we are admonished not even to pray for such a one as you, (1John 5:16).
Nope-not written to members of the boc/no application to us-the future...Another thread-been there.

Sit.

Another clear admission that the Testimony of Yeshua does not apply to himself, the legendary Johnny Walker, smooth talker, who imagines himself above and beyond the Teachings of Messiah. Marcion would be proud of you, dear son of Marcion, scissor wizard. Oh yeah, Ssssssssssssaint John of Marcion. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what does the word repent mean to you?
The word "repent" means "a changing of your mind" (reconsider).
You can "repent" of many things. The word itself has nothing to do with sinning or not. The word itself just means to reconsider.

It most definitely does not mean "stopped sinning" (as the foolish woman, GT declares) because scripture has GOD repenting a lot.

Deuteronomy 32:36 KJV
(36) For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

Genesis 6:6 KJV
(6) And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Judges 2:18 KJV
(18) And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.

1 Samuel 15:11 KJV
(11) It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.

2 Samuel 24:16 KJV
(16) And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

Psalms 90:13 KJV
(13) Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.

Jeremiah 4:28 KJV
(28) For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Jeremiah 18:8 KJV
(8) If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Ezekiel 24:14 KJV
(14) I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD.

Amos 7:6 KJV
(6) The LORD repented for this: This also shall not be, saith the Lord GOD.

Judges 21:6 KJV
(6) And the children of Israel repented them for Benjamin their brother, and said, There is one tribe cut off from Israel this day.

Matthew 27:3 KJV
(3) Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Luke 16:30 KJV
(30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

Acts 3:19 KJV
(19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

GT needs to repent (reconsider) what the word "repent" means.

john w

Hall of Fame
Another clear admission that the Testimony of Yeshua does not apply to himself,
Sell all you have...Show yourself to a Levitical priest and off er the gift that Moses commanded...Go to Jerusalem 3 times a year to keep "the appointed times"/feasts...Raise the dead....Pick up venomous snakes.............

Another clear admission that the Testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ does not apply to himself, as you imagine yourself above and beyond the Teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Fun! Check. So there.

the legendary Johnny Walker, smooth talker, who imagines himself above and beyond the Teachings of Messiah. Marcion would be proud of you, dear son of Marcion, scissor wizard. :chuckle:

My brilliance surprises me at times....I would kiss myself, but I am too humble. I sometimes cannot even go to my TOL page, with all the traffic there...

This page has had 16,522 visits

Vs. wolfie daqqvader's page:

This page has had 478 visits

Contrasts.

"Ya know," wolfie-jealousy is a sin. You had better "repent," stop the sin of jealousy,or your fake "Yeshua" will not forgive you, seeing that He obviously did not die for your sins, not having forgiven you all trespasses.

marhig

Paul's word is just confusing.

What do you think of passage I quoted?
I believe that there are good as bad everywhere, and I wouldn't condemn anyone especially not a whole nation. Many of the Jews believed in Jesus and followed him. And they a part of his church. So I believe that we should leave all that in Gods hands. I don't believe that it's the natural Israel that are Gods people, circumcision of the flesh profits nothing, it's the circumcision of the heart that God wants and that is done through the spirit. This is the spiritual Israel, and they are all the Jews and gentiles who have come to God through Christ.

But really meshak, can you see why the Jews today don't believe? Man has changed the gospel so much that they are told that they are to believe that there is a three in one God and that God came from heaven to be crucified to save us. They believe in one God not a three in one, they will never believe in Christ Jesus whilst they hear untruths like this.