ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You are obviously not well versed in scripture.

I am talking about Jerusalem, mentioned in this prophecy:

Zechariah 12:6-8
6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.​

The Apostles were those governors.

Mother Jerusalem was there for a time.

genuineoriginal

The Apostles were those governors.

Mother Jerusalem was there for a time.
62843862.jpg

journey

Amen to the OP! I think it speaks volumes and explains a lot to the reader.

First, one must teach the Holy Bible dispensationally to understand it. Obviously, God has dealt with mankind differently in certain periods of time throughout history. We don't make burnt offerings now, as an example. Think of "God's Dispensation" as "God's Administration".

God will never be through with Israel, and the Church which is the Body of Christ did not replace Israel. God made specific promises to both entities that will be kept perfectly at His appointed time. It is more than obvious that many of those promises have not been fulfilled yet, so they are still future.

journey

Studying the Holy Bible in a dispensational manner is absolutely necessary to understand God's Word.

Ephesians 3:2-4 KJV If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3. How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

"Dispensation from Strong's"

G3622

οἰκονομία
oikonomía; gen. oikonomías, fem. noun from oikonoméō (G3621), to be a manager of a household. The position, work, responsibility or arrangement of an administration, as of a house or of property, either one's own or another's (Luk_16:2; Sept.: Isa_22:19); a spiritual dispensation, management, or economy (1Co_9:17; Eph_1:10; Eph_3:2; Col_1:25). The "dispensation of God" means the administration of divine grace.
Act., the administrative activity of the owner or of the steward; pass., that which is administered, the administration or dispensation of the fullness of times (Eph_1:10). The object of oikonomía, dispensation, is the relative phrase hḗn proétheto of Eph_1:9, translated "which he hath purposed." It is the divine purpose which is said to be administered. The meaning is the administration of God's saving purpose pertaining to the fullness of the times. Therefore, oikonomía here is to be taken as pass. See Eph_3:2, Eph_3:9 (UBS); 1Ti_1:4 (UBS).

Interplanner

Studying the Holy Bible in a dispensational manner is absolutely necessary to understand God's Word.

Ephesians 3:2-4 KJV If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3. How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

"Dispensation from Strong's"

G3622

οἰκονομία
oikonomía; gen. oikonomías, fem. noun from oikonoméō (G3621), to be a manager of a household. The position, work, responsibility or arrangement of an administration, as of a house or of property, either one's own or another's (Luk_16:2; Sept.: Isa_22:19); a spiritual dispensation, management, or economy (1Co_9:17; Eph_1:10; Eph_3:2; Col_1:25). The "dispensation of God" means the administration of divine grace.
Act., the administrative activity of the owner or of the steward; pass., that which is administered, the administration or dispensation of the fullness of times (Eph_1:10). The object of oikonomía, dispensation, is the relative phrase hḗn proétheto of Eph_1:9, translated "which he hath purposed." It is the divine purpose which is said to be administered. The meaning is the administration of God's saving purpose pertaining to the fullness of the times. Therefore, oikonomía here is to be taken as pass. See Eph_3:2, Eph_3:9 (UBS); 1Ti_1:4 (UBS).

Yes it's important. There was a 'governess', a child trainer, and now there is maturity in the Gospel, Gal 4. The Ryrie-Walvoord-Scofield-Darby system is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.