ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themuzicman

It means that you recognize that God, in the dispensation of the grace of God, never commanded that you be under any dietary restrictions (1 Timothy 4:4 KJV)whereas others in time past, were! You are a dispy!

And how about the law? Are you under it?

That's not dispensationalism. That's just recognizing that there are two major covenants in the bible.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Not what I said haha And yes and no. The law has been fulfilled in Christ and we as Christians are still called to be holy as Israel was and still is today.
Those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were and will be under the law!

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 19:17 KJV, Matthew 28:18-20 KJV

Yet here we are!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's not dispensationalism. That's just recognizing that there are two major covenants in the bible.
You wish! It's this:

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Only MADists think so . . .
You do

Teaching different divine economies, is not the gross error of teaching different gospels.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

genuineoriginal

It means that you recognize that God, in the dispensation of the grace of God, never commanded that you be under any dietary restrictions (1 Timothy 4:4 KJV)whereas others in time past, were!

1 Timothy 4
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.​

Do you know which foods God created to be received with thanksgiving and which foods He did not?

Last edited:

Danoh

LOL.. So, "this generation" from Matthew 24 doesn't correlate to a time period, anymore? Is that how they're trying to get around this?

What, pray tell, does "this generation" mean now?

Who is this "they're trying to" that are you referring to?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It shows you a dispensationalist as there are commands in the Bible where some are not allowed to eat certain things!

No, it shows the difference between the old covenant and the new covenant.

There are no time periods called "dispensations", there are however covenants.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nang thinks Paul was in gross error

No, I'm positive Nang thinks you are in gross error. I agree with Nang, you are in gross error.

The Apostle Paul was a minister of the New Covenant, and the same gospel was preached to all.

(Gal 2:7) On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

"gospel" means "good news".

Your "two gospel" theory means one of the "good news" was "bad news" for others.

Your Bullingerism is a mess.

ClimateSanity

Haha just because I eat pork doesn't mean that I believe there are defined periods of time where God had certain conditions for.

I guess I would agree though that certain practices were meant for a certain period of time because of things like the sociopolitical function of Israel and disease found in pigs and that sort of thing. Yay for common ground!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

If you eat pork and you are aware of the biblical admonition against it, you are ignoring that admonition for a reason, most likely because it DOESNT pertain to you.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If you eat pork and you are aware of the biblical admonition against it, you are ignoring that admonition for a reason, most likely because it DOESNT pertain to you.

It pertains......

Since Jerusalem (Babylon) was plowed it's spiritual meaning is all that's left for all men.

Be not like the sow who only makes a sound to it's master when it is hungry, then is only content after getting fed.

Jeremiah 10:15
They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

genuineoriginal

Since Jerusalem (Babylon) was plowed it's spiritual meaning is all that's left for all men.
Jerusalem is not Babylon.

The two cities represent opposing ideals.

Jerusalem represents God's fulfilled promises to His chosen people following His commandments.
Babylon represents exile from the land for refusing to follow God's commandments.

Your calling Jerusalem by the name Babylon is as stupid as calling Sarah by the name Hagar.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jerusalem is not Babylon.

The two cities represent opposing ideals.

Jerusalem represents God's fulfilled promises to His chosen people following His commandments.
Babylon represents exile from the land for refusing to follow God's commandments.

Your calling Jerusalem by the name Babylon is as stupid as calling Sarah by the name Hagar.

No, yer mixin' up the Jerusalem above with the one on planet earth.

genuineoriginal

No, yer mixin' up the Jerusalem above with the one on planet earth.
You are obviously not well versed in scripture.

I am talking about Jerusalem, mentioned in this prophecy:

Zechariah 12:6-8
6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.​

Status
Not open for further replies.