ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And Tam proved you wrong - the Lord is EVER "at hand."

Tambora is a Darby follower who has never proven me wrong on anything.

(1 Peter 4:7 KJV) But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

What does "the end of all things" mean?

It says "the end of all things is at hand", not the Lord is ever at hand.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It has meaning based on context.

The mystery revealed to Paul was NOT known to the writers of the Hebrew epistles.

Um.....it was Paul who said Satan would be bruised shortly, not the writer of Hebrews.

What is the meaning of "shortly" according to Paul?

Danoh

Every time Craigie pie gets picked apart, and cannot answer any questions, which is every post, because he cannot defend the false teachings of J. Stuart Russell, and other fallable men, he resorts to his "Darby...you are in denial" spam/excuse.

I wonder what his real hangup is with Darby. With the exception of the Scribes and the Pharisees ever baiting the Lord with questions meant to gender strife; I don't think I have ever run accross someone like Tet in this regard.

Well; Jerry Shugart.

Something tells me Tet was spurned really bad by some female Acts 2 Dispy; and is now out to rid the world of all reminders of her.

Weird way to go about it; to hang out in her neighborhood all day, sobbing over his bottle of Darby's Genuine Draft :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
May I remind you that these people were not privy to ALL of God's plans at the time that they wrote that scripture?

Says who?

The following was written by John long after Paul wrote most of his epistles:

(1 John 2:18 KJV) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

What is "the last time"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Something tells me Tet was spurned really bad by some female Acts 2 Dispy

More desperation from Danhoh the Darby follower because Danoh the Darby follower cannot defend Dispensationalism when tested with scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nope.

I can back my claims with scripture. You have proven that you cannot.

Nope. I can back my claims with scripture, and have . You cannot. You are embarrassed, and live in denial.

Weasel boy,you might want to ask yourself why you follow the teachings of fallible men.

Why do you follow the teachings of fallable men, Craigie pie?

Nope. You cannot.

As we see above, the nearness of the coming of the Lord is confirmed by James, Paul, Peter, John, and the writer of Hebrews.

Darby followers have no explanation for these verses.

Nope. You refused, in a post to you, weasel boy, 2 weeks ago, where numerous passages cite prophecy "at hand...near...."(and I even quoted your perverted NIV), i.e., "close/soon," but did not/will not happen for hundreds of years.

Small sample:

Ezekiel 30:3 KJV For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

Joel 1:15 KJV Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Obadiah 1:15 KJV For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Zephaniah 1:7 KJV Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

What does near and at hand mean in the above,if it means what you all you fallable Russell follower AD 70-ists/Preterists say,then the Lord Jesus Christ should have came back during that time?

Weasel boy,you might want to ask yourself why you follow the teachings of fallible men.

Once again, more evidence of a J Stuart Russell, Hank Hanegraaf Max King, Josephus, Gary Demar, all fallable men, fallable men follower, Craigie pie, living in denial.

Why are you in denial, and embarrassed, Craigie pie?

Russell'Hanegraaf followers have no explanation for these verses, and for how "everyone" saw an invisible Saviour return, and that the Roman army was the second coming.

Right Divider

Body part
Um.....it was Paul who said Satan would be bruised shortly, not the writer of Hebrews.

What is the meaning of "shortly" according to Paul?
Um... Paul did not receive ALL of God's revelation for him instantaneously (just like most of the prophets). God's revelation has ALWAYS been given to mankind progressively.

2Cor 12:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:1) It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

Apparently Paul even knew that more was TO COME.

john w

Hall of Fame
The scriptures speak for themselves.
Wow! Your brilliance stuns us, Craigie pie.

Once again, more evidence of a J Stuart Russell, Hank Hanegraaf Max King, Josephus, Gary Demar, all fallable men, fallable men follower, Craigie pie, living in denial.

Why are you in denial, and embarrassed, Craigie pie?

Right Divider

Body part
Says who?

The following was written by John long after Paul wrote most of his epistles:

(1 John 2:18 KJV) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

What is "the last time"?
You really are slow.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Obadiah 1:15 KJV For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

How can you be so dumb?

(Obadiah 1:1) This is what the Sovereign Lord says about Edom

It was judgment on Edom.

In the OT, "the day of the Lord" was always judgment on a nation.

john w

Hall of Fame
Tambora was wrong.

(Daniel 12:4) But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

When was Ezekiel written, weasel boy?:
Ezekiel 30:3 NIV For the day is near, the day of the Lord is near— a day of clouds, a time of doom for the nations.

john w

Hall of Fame
Congratulations, you just refuted MAD's two gospel theory.

=he digs his saint Judas, who he asserts preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV, since Craigie pie asserts that there is just one piece of good news in the book.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't see you explaining anything.

What is "the last time"?
Since you refuse to believe that God gave any unique revelation to Paul, there is no hope of you understanding anything anyway.

Makes me wonder why you're here annoying everyone. Why aren't you on a preterist site?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When was Ezekiel written, weasel boy?:

(Ezk 3:15) I came to the exiles who lived at Tel Aviv near the Kebar River. And there, where they were living, I sat among them for seven days--deeply distressed.

The "exiles" lived in Babylon.

Do the math Little Johnny, and you will find out you are once again wrong.

john w

Hall of Fame
I wonder what his real hangup is with Darby. With the exception of the Scribes and the Pharisees ever baiting the Lord with questions meant to gender strife; I don't think I have ever run accross someone like Tet in this regard.

Well; Jerry Shugart.

Something tells me Tet was spurned really bad by some female Acts 2 Dispy; and is now out to rid the world of all reminders of her.

Weird way to go about it; to hang out in her neighborhood all day, sobbing over his bottle of Darby's Genuine Draft :chuckle:

I think some guy named "Darby" beat him to a pulp, or some chick named "Darby" poured a beer on him, told him to get lost, when he tried to make a move on her. I reckon she was laughing at his frail looking "physique"/frame.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since you refuse to believe that God gave any unique revelation to Paul, there is no hope of you understanding anything anyway.

Paul made it crystal clear that he was living during the culmination of the ages.

Paul's statement lines up perfectly with the statements from Peter, John, James, and the writer of Hebrews, about the end of the ages, last days, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.