ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Nope.

That's the day the Holy Spirit was given.

Please give us the verse in Mid-Acts that shows the beginning of "the church"?

We'll wait.
The Holy Spirit was also "given" during the old covenant times as well. We'll wait.

P.S. You love to be a one verse wonder.

musterion

ALL OT prophecies were fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 132
7 We will go into His tabernacles: we will worship at His footstool.
8 Arise, O LORD, into Thy rest; Thou, and the ark of Thy strength.
9 Let Thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let Thy saints shout for joy.
10 For Thy servant David's sake turn not away the face of Thine anointed.
11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; He will not turn from it; of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for His habitation.
14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
15 I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16 I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
17 There will I make the Horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for Mine Anointed.
18 His enemies will I clothe with shame: but upon Himself shall His crown flourish.

Hasn't happened yet.

Psalm 134
1 (A Song of degrees.) Behold, bless ye the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD.
2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.
3 The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion.

Hasn't happened yet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Holy Spirit was also "given" during the old covenant times as well. We'll wait.

In the OT, the Holy Spirit wasn't given permanently to every believer.

In the NC, the Holy Spirit is given permanently to each believer.

(1 Cor 6:19) Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

What Paul speaks of in 1 Cor 6:19 began at Pentecost, not Mid-Acts.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For many, having larcenously read themselves into Israel's "mail,"

Part of Israel's "mail" was the promise of a Messiah.

Do you even know what the word "Christ" means?

Christ - The term, Christ, is a title. It is the New Testament equivalent of the Old Testament term, messiah, and means anointed one. It is applied to Jesus as the anointed one who delivers the elect from their sin. Jesus alone is the Christ. As the Christ, He has three offices: Prophet, Priest, and King.

"Christ" sounds a lot like Israel's "mail".

Do you know how many times the Apostle Paul used the word "Christ" in his epistles?

Paul preached the gospel of "Christ" (Messiah).

Everything about "Christ" (Messiah) pertains to Israel's "mail".

(Rom 1:3 KJV) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ (Messiah) our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Is Jesus Christ (Messiah) your Lord?

If so, that's part of Israel's "mail".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You know what TeT? Anything you say is of no value. Your foundation is shabbily built. Therefore, anything you present ought to be ignored. That's why I have you on ignore 991/2 percent of the time. That's where you're headed back to now. Bye bye.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's why I have you on ignore 991/2 percent of the time.

99.5 % huh?

I guess you got tired of looking like an idiot by responding to my posts, and telling me over and over again that you were putting me on "permanent" ignore.

How many times did you put me on permanent ignore?

Glad you finally learned the definition of "permanent".

That's a good start. Now you might want to learn about who invented your Dispensationalism.

Right Divider

Body part
In the OT, the Holy Spirit wasn't given permanently to every believer.
Neither was it on the "day of Pentecost".

The "filling" with the Holy Spirit on that day had to do with POWER given to them (to speak other languages, to heal, etc.)

In the NC, the Holy Spirit is given permanently to each believer.

(1 Cor 6:19) Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

What Paul speaks of in 1 Cor 6:19 began at Pentecost, not Mid-Acts.
Once again you pervert the NC and INSTEAD go to Paul for BoC doctrine.

Shame on you.

Right Divider

Body part
The Body of Christ isn't some official name. It's a metaphor used by Paul.

Paul also used a building metaphor to describe those in Christ, where Christ Jesus is the Cornerstone, the Apostles and prophets the foundation, and believers as part of the Holy Temple.
Paul also said that HE laid the foundation (which is Christ).

How could PAUL be the ONE that laid the foundation that others were to build upon?
1Cor 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Because it was according to the grace of God which was GIVEN TO HIM.

Paul EXPLICITLY avoided building on those foundations ALREADY laid.
Rom 15:20 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

There are reasons for these statements that you cannot have any chance to understand with your man-made preterist blinders on.

HisServant

There is a single answer... because it has no history and isn't an appropriate way to interpret scripture.

It also has a problem with nationalism.. whether it be Americanism or support for Israel... and it promotes a gloom and doom view of the future.

There is a reason why Spurgeon said that Dispensationalists are of no earthly good.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is a single answer... because it has no history and isn't an appropriate way to interpret scripture.

It also has a problem with nationalism.. whether it be Americanism or support for Israel... and it promotes a gloom and doom view of the future.

There is a reason why Spurgeon said that Dispensationalists are of no earthly good.

In which case Spurgeon said something out of ignorance.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The "Great Evangelist" of our time: Billy Graham, said a few years back that he believed there will be those who never knew Christ on a conscious level that will be made a member of the Body of Christ. Sometimes OUR giants of theology say dumb things.

genuineoriginal

Do you realize I'm not talking about the 10 commandments, here? Just the priesthood, and the rest of the ordinances.

Do you abstain from eating pork and shrimp? Do you agree that it should be illegal for the king to accumulate horses? Should tattoos be prohibited? Do you follow the prohibition on shaving the sides of your head?

Or do you just pick and choose what sounds good to you?

Romans 14:1-3
1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.​

It sounds like you are despising those that do not eat pork and shrimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.