ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know that this is far too difficult for you to understand, but the LORD Jesus Christ is the ruler of BOTH heaven AND earth.

He create BOTH the heaven AND the earth. Gen 1:1

Do any of your Bibles have that verse? :think:

Who was the Messiah promised to?

(Isaiah 11:1) A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

Jesse was the father of David. David was a Jew.

How is the "shoot" that came from Jesse for you?

Is the following also for you?

(2 Sam 7:12) When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom

Why is Isaiah 11:1 for you, but 2 Sam 7:12 not for you?

Right Divider

Body part
Did 2 Peter 3 mention anything about Israel? It is the most complete ordinary language passage on how the 2nd coming happens. Instead of mentioning another episode for Israel, it mentions the NHNE, not unlike the end of Isaiah, right?
What does that have to do with Mid-Acts trying to "steal the Messiah"?

njspolk

All scripture is for us, but it's not all to us or about us. Paul writes to the Body of Christ in Romans through Philemon.

I just realized I didn't respond to this. My bad! And I agree with that, but that doesn't make me a "dispy," to use your terminology haha Maybe I'm not being clear? Or am I just expressing views that Dispensationalists also hold?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
That Acts and the Church Fathers held the answer to the baptism question?
The "early church", the "birthday of the church on Pentecost", etc. etc are myths.

Water baptism is completely and thoroughly a ceremonial cleaning ritual for the priesthood of Israel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What does that have to do with Mid-Acts trying to "steal the Messiah"?

You Darby followers accuse those who believe the new covenant is in place right now as "stealing" a promise to Israel.

Using the twisted logic of a Darby follower, how did you not do the same thing with the promised Messiah to Israel?

Right Divider

Body part

(Isaiah 11:1) A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

Jesse was the father of David. David was a Jew.

How is the "shoot" that came from Jesse for you?

Is the following also for you?

(2 Sam 7:12) When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom

Why is Isaiah 11:1 for you, but 2 Sam 7:12 not for you?
Firstly, Gentiles were ALWAYS allowed to JOIN with Israel.
Secondly, in the body of Christ there is NEITHER Jew NOR Gentile --- neither male NOR female.

Sorry for you that you cannot learn any of this.

Right Divider

Body part
You Darby followers accuse those who believe the new covenant is in place right now as "stealing" a promise to Israel.

Using the twisted logic of a Darby follower, how did you not do the same thing with the promised Messiah to Israel?
The body of Christ is DIFFERENT; containing NEITHER Jew NOR Gentile.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Firstly, Gentiles were ALWAYS allowed to JOIN with Israel.

Ok, but they were still outsiders.

They couldn't marry a Jew, if they did, the promise of the Messiah coming from the line of Judah wouldn't have happened.

Secondly, in the body of Christ there is NEITHER Jew NOR Gentile --- neither male NOR female.

That's the New Covenant.

Sorry for you that you cannot learn any of this.

Wrong again, Wrong Divider.

njspolk

The "early church", the "birthday of the church on Pentecost", etc. etc are myths.

Water baptism is completely and thoroughly a ceremonial cleaning ritual for the priesthood of Israel.

Perhaps, but the accounts of the early Church Fathers are myth?

Baptism is the "christianized" take on that ceremony. They are meant for completely different things, but have a very similar end. Idk what your quarrel is exactly?

Right Divider

Body part
Ok, but they were still outsiders.
Exod 12:48 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:48) And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

Lev 19:33-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:33) ¶ And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. (19:34) [But] the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I [am] the LORD your God.

That doesn't seem to too terrible.

They couldn't marry a Jew, if they did, the promise of the Messiah coming from the line of Judah wouldn't have happened.
So God's plans would have been destroyed?

That's the New Covenant.
Oh so wrong.

Wrong again, Wrong Divider.
Being called wrong by you tells me that I'm on the right track.

The whole world.

Right Divider

Body part
Perhaps, but the accounts of the early Church Fathers are myth?
Quit trying to twist what I said.

The IDEA that the CHRISTIAN church that Paul calls the body of Christ started on that lawfully required Israeli feast day is the myth.

Baptism is the "christianized" take on that ceremony. They are meant for completely different things, but have a very similar end.
That is my point exactly. It is a man-made ceremony that has no place in the body of Christ.

Idk what your quarrel is exactly?
So are you a dunker or a sprinkler? Read-up sometime on the divisions caused by the "Christianized water ceremony".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The Messiah had to come from the line of Judah, from the line of David.

While in captivity in Babylon, many Jewish men married non-Jewish woman. Ezra made these Jewish men divorce their non-Jewish wives.

(Ezra 10:2-3) Then Shekaniah son of Jehiel, one of the descendants of Elam, said to Ezra, “We have been unfaithful to our God by marrying foreign women from the peoples around us. But in spite of this, there is still hope for Israel. 3 Now let us make a covenant before our God to send away all these women and their children, in accordance with the counsel of my lord and of those who fear the commands of our God. Let it be done according to the Law.

The line of Judah had to remain pure in order for the Messiah to be born.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The IDEA that the CHRISTIAN church that Paul calls the body of Christ started on that lawfully required Israeli feast day is the myth.

Your statement proves your ignorance of understanding how Christ Jesus fulfilled the seven feasts.

Please show us the verse in Mid-Acts where the BOC allegedly began?

Right Divider

Body part
The Messiah had to come from the line of Judah, from the line of David.

While in captivity in Babylon, many Jewish men married non-Jewish woman. Ezra made these Jewish men divorce their non-Jewish wives.

(Ezra 10:2-3) Then Shekaniah son of Jehiel, one of the descendants of Elam, said to Ezra, “We have been unfaithful to our God by marrying foreign women from the peoples around us. But in spite of this, there is still hope for Israel. 3 Now let us make a covenant before our God to send away all these women and their children, in accordance with the counsel of my lord and of those who fear the commands of our God. Let it be done according to the Law.

The line of Judah had to remain pure in order for the Messiah to be born.

njspolk

Quit trying to twist what I said.

That is my point exactly. It is a man-made ceremony that has no place in the body of Christ.

So are you a dunker or a sprinkler? Read-up sometime on the divisions caused by the "Christianized water ceremony".

Easy, killer. I wasn't trying to twist your words, just trying to understand what you are getting at. It can be difficult on an online setting like this one.

I don't agree or disagree with your first statement.

I disagree with your second. Just because it's man-made means it's wrong? God can reveal himself through the sacraments and does so. Or maybe he doesn't according to you. But I think you're ruling out people's experiences as a valid argument for the defense of baptism or the law being a part of Christian holiness.

If you look at Christian Scripture, Tradition, Reason, and Experience one can make a pretty solid argument for the Sacraments and living holy lives through the restored law of Jesus Christ.

And I'm both, and I have.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Satan tried to destroy it.

It's why Judah had to sleep with his daughter-in-law Tamar. It's why Ruth the Moabite was the daughter of Rahab the prostitute, yet Ruth was the grandmother of David, and David's mistress Bathsheba gave birth to Solomon.

All these "Jerry Springer" events had to happen in order for Christ Jesus to be born from the line of Judah and David because Satan did everything he could to try and prevent it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Nope.

That's the day the Holy Spirit was given.

Please give us the verse in Mid-Acts that shows the beginning of "the church"?

We'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.