• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COGTHW

I'm curious...what guarantee do you personally have that you won't defect from the faith? That you won't depart from the Lord? That you won't sin that sin that gets you severed from Him? What is keeping you from that?

Prayer, Prayer, Prayer and fasting. 41 'Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.' Matthew 26:41 that's what keep me. Prayer Sir.. Amen I say Amen.

COGTHW

I am saved and sealed as are all who have trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV).

We can neither lose [lo͞oz] or loose [lo͞os] salvation! It's a done deal!

That is against Scriptures Hebrews 10:26' For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,' the Lord will move from you if you move from Him. That is a fact.

COGTHW

Hebrews is not written TO anyone in the dispensation of the grace of God, dear.

Everybody after the Son of God died on the cross is in the grace period. 9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10:9-10 once for ALL.!! Not some, them, people but ALL.!

Paul was talking about the church who shall separate the Church in Romans 8:38-39

The Lord will forsake you if you forsake Him.
'And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.' 1 Chronicles 28:9

nikolai_42

Prayer, Prayer, Prayer and fasting. 41 'Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.' Matthew 26:41 that's what keep me. Prayer Sir.. Amen I say Amen.

So is that your reason for praying? In other words, do you pray because that's the only way you can keep from losing your salvation?

EDIT : Do you pray out of a fear of losing your salvation?

COGTHW

So is that your reason for praying? In other words, do you pray because that's the only way you can keep from losing your salvation?

EDIT : Do you pray out of a fear of losing your salvation?

Only way you can keep a relationship with a spouse is to communicate. So yes I pray and pray some more that I may be holy and blameless before Jesus. Prayer is holy you build on your faith. Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

nikolai_42

Only way you can keep a relationship with a spouse is to communicate. So yes I pray and pray some more that I may be holy and blameless before Jesus. Prayer is holy you build on your faith. Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

No argument with the need to communicate, but is it your communication that is holding the relationship together?

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Psalm 121

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

I Peter 1:3-5

If you are praying to the same one who could cut you off, how can faith be in Him to keep you?

COGTHW

No argument with the need to communicate, but is it your communication that is holding the relationship together?

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Psalm 121

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

If you are praying to the same one who could cut you off, how can faith be in Him to keep you?

It's a partner ship, that's why Jesus said He will send the Holy Ghost. 26 'But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.' John 14:26 to keep you in the commdanments of God. 10 'If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.' John 15:10 The Holy Ghost is what keeps me near God, that's why you have to build up in it. Jude 1:20 Amen, I say Amen.

COGTHW

Psalm 121

It is the fear of loosing your love one that keep you from hurting their hearts. So as it is with God. You have to fear Him. Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.' With fear= respect and honor. By praying and keeping His commandments, then and only then will God in our Lord Jesus Christ will help you keep strong, you have to work also.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Everybody after the Son of God died on the cross is in the grace period.
No, dear. The dispensation of the grace of God is not according to prophecy, but mystery given by revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul!
Paul was talking about the church who shall separate the Church in Romans 8:38-39
The context of Romans 8:38-39 KJV is Romans 8:28-33 KJV

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. (see also Eph 1:4 KJV)

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

The Lord will forsake you if you forsake Him.
You cannot apply this to any of us who are saved today!

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is the fear of loosing your love one that keep you from hurting their hearts. So as it is with God. You have to fear Him. Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.' With fear= respect and honor. By praying and keeping His commandments, then and only then will God in our Lord Jesus Christ will help you keep strong, you have to work also.
Working out your own salvation is not working for it. How were you saved?

nikolai_42

You've described two different kinds of fear in the same context - motivation to work by fear of losing God's salvation and motivation to work out of fear of who God is (more a holy awe, reverence, respect and honor - but from one who is but dust and of One who is far beyond anything we can even fathom). To fear losing Him and fear "hurting"(offending) Him are two different things. One is selfish (I might lose my salvation) but the other is truly Godly love (with the best interests of the other being foremost at heart). Perfect love casts out that selfish fear (which hath torment).

And one who thinks of God as waiting on our performance before deciding if we will be saved or not (you said it was a partnership and the topic is eternal security...) reminds me of the stewards to whom God gave talents - specifically the last one. All three of these stewards worked - I agree works are important - but the one was focused on his own performance out of fear of offending the Master. They were all given talents and all were giving them back to Him. Their thought was pleasing their Master. But the third had this fear of his Master :

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

Matthew 25:24-25

The fear of offending (failing) his Master provoked him to simply protect what he had instead of thinking of what he could give to his Master. The other two might well have realized poor performance would have cost them, but it isn't final performance that the Master judged upon. In 25:15 he gave out talents according to ability - so the third steward clearly didn't have the same capability as the other two. The other two didn't return the same amount (and the Master didn't expect that) but they were commended. What the third was judged on was based on his understanding of the Master. He didn't even act consistently with that understanding. Why? Because of that fear of failing his "hard" Master. We are called to bear fruit, but if we are always in peril of losing what we have gained because of what we do, we are missing the judgement of God - which is of the heart. If He has changed the heart, it is changed.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 10:27-29

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Amen.

COGTHW

How can you do that (be holy and blameless)?

Search the scriptures. 12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:1-2 praying and being blameless. Hallelujah that's Hoilness. Good God Almighty. Hoilness or Hell. 'For it is written, be ye holy, for I am holy.' 1 Peter 1:16 GLORY. GLORY I SAY. Got to be be holy.!! For He that has called us is holy.!! My God my God.