• No

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are born of water through physical birth

Which was the basis for Nicodemus' question: "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?"

I think you can eliminate being born of water as being born again by woman.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was baptized in water for the remission of sin just as Peter was inspired to say we should be baptized for the remission of sin.

Those who reject water baptism are simply saying they want to keep their sin.

MADites seem to believe they are more spiritual than Jesus. Too bad, but what can you do?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's not to be born of a woman, prove it with Scripture. John 3:4 'Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?'

5 'Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.' ; Nicodemus ask Jesus the same thing, Jesus answered and said be born again from WATER. Stop fighting it you don't have no Scriptures. Prove it, prove it by the Book. You have to be born of a woman. Stop talking and post the Scriptures.

Of water, physical birth, of the Spirit by Christ.

John the baptist even said it, i baptize with water but one who comes after me will baptize with the holy spirit and fire.

One Lord, One Faith, One baptism. Not 2.

Jdorman

This verse has been covered already. You need to learn that first.

This verse says nothing about baptism. In fact, it states that being born again is the washing that is required for salvation. It is according to His mercy that He saved us, not by physical means.

Of course they got baptized. Why would they not? It was an outward symbol of what had happened by the Spirit. It is the symbol of identification with the death and resurrection of the Lord.

Please read the chapter in the link!

http://web.archive.org/web/20090301...puserve.com/homepages/pentecostal/New-Ch4.htm

"Titus 3:5 is a companion verse to John 3:5, and it apparently refers to water baptism. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost." Regeneration simply means new birth, so here is a second passage linking water and Spirit with the new birth. The wording of this verse points strongly to water baptism rather than to the other alternatives. It describes a specific act of washing, distinct from the work of the Spirit.

Many translations emphasize the connotation of a specific act: "the laver of regeneration" (Conybeare), "the bathing of the new birth" (Rotherham), "the bath of regeneration" (Weymouth), and "the water of rebirth" (New English Bible). This act of washing is a cleansing from sin, which brings to mind Ananias' instructions to Paul: "Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16). Paul recounted the story in Acts 22 and wrote the words in Titus 3, 50 presumably he was aware of the parallel thought.

The conclusion is inescapable: "the washing of regeneration," which means "the new birth of water," is the washing away of sins at water baptism. Indeed, according to Bloesch, "Biblical scholars generally agree that the washing of regeneration refers to the rite of baptism." [34]

Jdorman

Water in the Bible is the word of God, being born of water is hearing and believing the word of God and born of the spirit is having the indwelling holy spirit in the heart. It's nothing to do with the natural birth.

This view depends heavily upon Ephesians 5:26, which says the church is sanctified and cleansed "with the washing of water by the word." However, this verse can cut both ways. If John 3:5 refers to baptism, then Ephesians 5:26 could refer to water baptism administered in accordance with the Word of God. At any rate, there is no necessary connection between the two passages; one does not necessarily provide an interpretation for the other.

F. F. Bruce stated that the phrase from Ephesians 5:26 could be rendered "cleansing it by water and word" or, as he further amplified it, "cleansing her by the washing of water accompanied by the spoken word." [27] He continued: "[T]he accompanying 'word' (Gk. rhema) is probably not here Holy Scripture but the word of confession or invocation spoken by the convert, as in Ananias' words to Paul: 'Rise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on his name' (Acts 22:16)." [28]

There are several serious objections to the view that the water of John 3:5 is actually the Word. (1) It ignores the literal meaning of water and chooses a symbolic meaning with no support from the context. This in turn raises further issues. Why would Jesus choose such an obscure symbol when explaining such a vital subject? Why would He not explain this symbolism to Nicodemus upon further questioning? Why did He not symbolize the Spirit as well? Why would He describe one aspect of the new birth literally and another aspect symbolically?

(2) This symbolism occurs nowhere in the Old Testament or in the teachings of Jesus, so how could Jesus expect Nicodemus to understand it? Since the Word of God had never been symbolized by water in Nicodemus' day or before, why would Jesus reproach him for lack of understanding? As Dwight Pentecost observed, "To interpret water as only a symbol of the Word of God… would be to render our Lord's answer unintelligible to Nicodemus." [29]

(3) We should not resort to a symbolic interpretation when the context does not indicate one. This is especially true here, where context, grammar, and later usage all offer a good literal reading. (See next section.)

(4) Theologically speaking, it is more appropriate to describe the Word of God as the agent of conception rather than part of the new birth itself. "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (I Peter 1:23). "You have been regenerated - born again - not from a mortal origin (seed, sperm) but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God" (TAB). In one of Christ's parables, a farmer sowed seed on four types of ground, only one of which bore fruit (Luke 8:4-15). When Jesus interpreted the parable, He said, "The seed is the word of God" (Luke 8:11). The four types of ground represented four types of people. Although God tried to plant His Word in all four, only three had initial results and only one had lasting results. In short, the Word of God is the origin of salvation; it is the seed that will cause conception. However, the new birth itself consists of water and Spirit and occurs when we believe, obey, and apply the Word.

taken from this chapter: http://web.archive.org/web/20090301...puserve.com/homepages/pentecostal/New-Ch4.htm

COGTHW

Of water, physical birth, of the Spirit by Christ.

John the baptist even said it, i baptize with water but one who comes after me will baptize with the holy spirit and fire.

One Lord, One Faith, One baptism. Not 2.

You need to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and tarry for the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38 'Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.' Peter said AND unless you was there with Jesus, when He said He gave the Apostle the understanding. Matthew 13:10 'And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?'

11 'He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.' It's not giving to you that's why you saying of water means a woman birth. If it means that get the Scriptures that say that. It seems as if you was there and you was an Apostle. Angel for truth. Bet you didn't even know there is no women gender Angels.

COGTHW

Was the "thief" on the next cross from Jesus baptized?
Was he saved?

You don't read the bible do you.? Did the bible say he was saved.? Did the Scriptures say he went to haven.? No. No. No. Luke 23:42 'And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.'

43 'And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.' If you say Jesus went to Heaven after the cross you are a heretic. The Scriptures say other wise. Acts1: 2 'Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:'

3 'To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:' ; So was the thief baptized.? No.! Did the thief go to heaven.? No.! Are you lacking in knowledge of understanding the Scriptures.? Yes.! If you say the thief and Jesus went to heaven you don't know Scriptures. 1 Peter 3:19 'By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;' Read your book.

marhig

Please read the chapter in the link!

http://web.archive.org/web/20090301...puserve.com/homepages/pentecostal/New-Ch4.htm

"Titus 3:5 is a companion verse to John 3:5, and it apparently refers to water baptism. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost." Regeneration simply means new birth, so here is a second passage linking water and Spirit with the new birth. The wording of this verse points strongly to water baptism rather than to the other alternatives. It describes a specific act of washing, distinct from the work of the Spirit.

Many translations emphasize the connotation of a specific act: "the laver of regeneration" (Conybeare), "the bathing of the new birth" (Rotherham), "the bath of regeneration" (Weymouth), and "the water of rebirth" (New English Bible). This act of washing is a cleansing from sin, which brings to mind Ananias' instructions to Paul: "Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16). Paul recounted the story in Acts 22 and wrote the words in Titus 3, 50 presumably he was aware of the parallel thought.

The conclusion is inescapable: "the washing of regeneration," which means "the new birth of water," is the washing away of sins at water baptism. Indeed, according to Bloesch, "Biblical scholars generally agree that the washing of regeneration refers to the rite of baptism." [34]

I see the water as the word of God and rivers of living water as the holy spirit bringing the word.

Being baptised by water is hearing and believing in the word of God, natural water cleanses us and when we are immersed in it, it naturally cleans us and it cleanses us within and keeps is alive when we drink it. This is the same spiritually with the word of God. Being washed in the word is being covered completely by it and cleansed. And that's great, but the true cleaning begins when the cleansing begins from within by the spirit which is the rivers of living water, always flowing with the word of God. Cleansing and refreshing. We would die naturally if we didn't drink water, and we would die spiritually of we didn't have the water of the word poured into our hearts by the spirit. Firstly hearing by reading the book and from others, this is being baptised by water, and then we receive it within this is being baptised by the spirit and being covered by him.

John 4

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 7

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Ephesians 5

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Jesus coming by water and by blood, is Jesus coming bringing the word of God with the power of the holy spirit and living it out.

Natural baptism in water is symbolic of being covered in the word, natural water doesn't cleanse the heart but the word of God does. Natural water cleans the natural flesh, the word of God through the spirit puts the flesh to death.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's obvious you don't know Scriptures, and how it's read. Which is your reasonable service mean = what you provide to the Lord for the Lord. Be good to you parents which is your reasonable service, don't mean you serving them. I was saved by the grace of God our Lord Jesus Christ. According to Acts 2:38 and John 3:5.
The scriptures mean what they say, as they say it and to whom. The context of Romans 12:1-2 is service and we know we can't be saved by service as the good news of our salvation is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It's all about His faith and work shed on us (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5 KJV).

I was saved by the grace of God our Lord Jesus Christ. According to Acts 2:38 and John 3:5.
Acts 2:38 KJV is not salvation by grace through faith. It's what those at Pentecost had to do to be identified with Jesus Christ looking forward to the blotting out of sins (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) whereas we, today, look back to the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV) having now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV). We are forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). Our salvation is not anything we do. It's about believing what Christ did in our place.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's obvious you don't know Scriptures, and how it's read. Which is your reasonable service mean = what you provide to the Lord for the Lord. Be good to you parents which is your reasonable service, don't mean you serving them. I was saved by the grace of God our Lord Jesus Christ. According to Acts 2:38 and John 3:5.
And BTW, John 3:5 KJV is born again/resurrection language as in Ezekiel 37. Get saved and study!

COGTHW

And BTW, John 3:5 KJV is born again/resurrection language as in Ezekiel 37. Get saved and study![/QUOTE

Please read the Scriptures. You need to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and filled with the Holy Ghost. According to the Scriptures of God. You can fight and "think" you know Scriptures all day but at the end of the day, if you don't have the baptism in the name Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost in the name Jesus Christ. You will not be caught up with the Lord.

COGTHW

And BTW, John 3:5 KJV is born again/resurrection language as in Ezekiel 37. Get saved and study!

Please read the Scriptures. You need to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and filled with the Holy Ghost. According to the Scriptures of God. You can fight and "think" you know Scriptures all day but at the end of the day, if you don't have the baptism in the name Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost in the name Jesus Christ. You will not be caught up with the Lord.

Lilstu

You don't read the bible do you.? Did the bible say he was saved.? Did the Scriptures say he went to haven.? No. No. No. Luke 23:42 'And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.'

43 'And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.' If you say Jesus went to Heaven after the cross you are a heretic. The Scriptures say other wise. Acts1: 2 'Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:'

3 'To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:' ; So was the thief baptized.? No.! Did the thief go to heaven.? No.! Are you lacking in knowledge of understanding the Scriptures.? Yes.! If you say the thief and Jesus went to heaven you don't know Scriptures. 1 Peter 3:19 'By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;' Read your book.

Did I say the thief went to Heaven? I did not.
Did Elijah go to heaven?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The moment I trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV I was baptized by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Your water does nothing, but get you wet and counted by the religious, denominational stinking thinker. I have all I need (Colossians 2:10 KJV). The same could be your testimony if you would get your flesh out of the way! Trust the Lord believing the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) now!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The moment I trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV I was baptized by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Your water does nothing, but get you wet and counted by the religious, denominational stinking thinker. I have all I need (Colossians 2:10 KJV). The same could be your testimony if you would get your flesh out of the way! Trust the Lord believing the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) now!

Amen, Sister!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 John 2:24-25 King James Version (KJV)

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.