Ephesians 1:4, 5, In the Light of the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe that faith in the writings of a heretic will save.

I believe God will call whom he chooses and give those he calls to Christ who will then work with them.

What can we do to help others? Peter said, "always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear..." (1 Peter 3:15 NKJV

God has proven to be quite capable of doing the salvation thing long before we were born.

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe God will call whom he chooses and give those he calls to Christ who will then work with them.

What can we do to help others? Peter said, "always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear..." (1 Peter 3:15 NKJV

God has proven to be quite capable of doing the salvation thing long before we were born.

You sound like a Calvinist.

God has chosen all of humanity in Jesus Christ. So that now..."Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Salvation has been provided for all by the doing and the dying of Jesus. 1 John 2:2.

beloved57

You sound like a Calvinist.

God has chosen all of humanity in Jesus Christ. So that now..."Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Salvation has been provided for all by the doing and the dying of Jesus. 1 John 2:2.

Invalid comments ! Lies not supported by scriptures !

beloved57

Do you believe that faith in the writings of a heretic will save.

There is no saving faith in Calvinism.

To believe in Calvinism is to believe that God is unjust. If you believe that God is unjust how can you trust in him?

Calvinism is the Gospel of God's Grace in Christ !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Absolutely!

~~~~~

Tulip is not the Gospel. This is the Gospel;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4New King James Version (NKJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Nanja

Tulip is not the Gospel. This is the Gospel;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4New King James Version (NKJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

A person cannot receive, believe or do anything else that pleases God
unless he/she is first Given Spiritual Life Rom. 8:7-8; John 3:27!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A person cannot receive, believe or do anything else that pleases God
unless he/she is first Given Spiritual Life Rom. 8:7-8; John 3:27!

~~~~~

Paul's Gospel is given by biblical revelation tulip is not.

Galatians 1:11-12New King James Version (NKJV)

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calvinism is a perversion of the nature and character of God.

From what I have read on TOL, this is correct. They claim they do not believe. They claim they were converted and made to believe. The do not preach the cross. According to Paul, they are going to hell. They are perishing. They think they were chosen first, therefore the cross is of no effect.

I don't see Calvinism and Open Theism as debate points. Calvinism and the good news of the cross are debate points.

Robert Pate

Banned
What is the condition for getting zapped with the Holy Spirit.

Calvinist don't seem to be very clear on this.

Paul says that we receive the Holy Spirit by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

And then again he says that faith comes by hearing the word of God (the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

beloved57

What is the condition for getting zapped with the Holy Spirit.

Calvinist don't seem to be very clear on this.

Paul says that we receive the Holy Spirit by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

And then again he says that faith comes by hearing the word of God (the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

Everyone Christ died for are made alive spiritually by the Spirit, because the Spirit is life, and it proves that Christ abolished their death !

Robert Pate

Banned
Everyone Christ died for are made alive spiritually by the Spirit, because the Spirit is life, and it proves that Christ abolished their death !

Then everyone is saved because Jesus died for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2.

Or maybe you think that John is a liar.