Dulcinea del Toboso's diary.

zoo22

You are splitting hairs. I guess because she never rides up on a horse and makes conversation you call that not appearing. But...

" Pressured into finding Dulcinea, Sancho brings back three dirty and ragged peasant girls, and tells Don Quixote that they are Dulcinea and her ladies-in-waiting. When Don Quixote only sees the peasant girls, Sancho pretends that their derelict appearance results from an enchantment. Sancho later gets his comeuppance for this when, as part of one of the duke and duchess's pranks, the two are led to believe that the only method to release Dulcinea from her spell is for Sancho to give himself a surplus of three thousand lashes. Sancho naturally resists this course of action, leading to friction with his master."

Nobody's splitting hairs. And your Cliffs Notes quote or whatever it is doesn't say anything otherwise... In fact, it gives a couple of examples of her not being there.

bybee

She is in the novel.

" He designates Aldonza Lorenzo, a neighboring farm girl as his lady love, renaming her Dulcinea del Toboso, while she knows nothing about this."

"Don Quixote has a run-in with traders from Toledo, who "insult" the imaginary Dulcinea, one of whom severely beats Don Quixote and leaves him on the side of the road."

I believe she may be referencing "Don Ego"?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And another note for my diary. Th is worthy of at least a modicum of respect.

I have zero respect for someone who follows TH around baiting him incessantly, mimicking his comments and threads; and then cries "bully!" "abuse!" and "gang rape!" when she gets a few neg reps in response. That you now offer him a "modicum of respect" is laughable.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Town is certainly one of the most interesting members. I enjoy reading much of what he posts. In fact I enjoy reading most of what every member posts except when they are going negative on someone else.

zoo22

Town is certainly one of the most interesting members. I enjoy reading much of what he posts. In fact I enjoy reading most of what every member posts except when they are going negative on someone else.

How interesting.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Note to self. I don't know if agnostics really exist. It is possible but I have no proof. :idunno:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
It has been a while since I posted in my diary. One thing or another just seems to keep coming up to distract me.

I am just so disappointed that I did not win an award this year from Chrys. Oh well, there's always next year. Or maybe he will follow Detroit's example and introduce the 2014 awards in the fall of 2013.

I do quite a bit of reading on TOL in threads where I never comment. Mostly in the threads that focus on religious understandings. I seldom comment because the various people posting there have amazing skills in quoting Biblical passages but I often think they are bending Scripture to suit their own desires for what should be true. But I do find the discussions interesting.

I have many concerns as I age. The world seems almost out of control. Food scarcity, pollution, energy shortages, economic disparity and on and on. I know one thing for certain. I can't fix it. I doubt even the best of the best can fix it. Only God has the power and I place my trust squarely on God.

I wish you all the best.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh gosh. Everyone simply must go read the latest gazette. Town has stretched his imagination beyond its normal limits. He is now predicting things in the future which have already occurred in the past. That will make him look like a genius in his own mind when the past is revealed and he can say he predicted it.

Sorry little boy.

zoo22

Oh gosh. Everyone simply must go read the latest gazette. Town has stretched his imagination beyond its normal limits. He is now predicting things in the future which have already occurred in the past. That will make him look like a genius in his own mind when the past is revealed and he can say he predicted it.

Sorry little boy.

Oh gosh.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
She's talking about my plucking an example of hypocrisy from later than an award given in chrys thread, I think...it was a better example (and funnier) but there were those prior that led to the actual award. I lifted the old one and put in the new one by the time I got around to posting the Gazette but didn't change the lead ins. Meh. As usual she's chewing on a gnat and hoping it's an elephant.

zoo22

She's talking about my plucking an example of hypocrisy from later than an award given in chrys thread, I think...it was a better example (and funnier) but there were those prior that led to the actual award. I lifted the old one and put in the new one by the time I got around to posting the Gazette but didn't change the lead ins. Meh. As usual she's chewing on a gnat and hoping it's an elephant.

Oh gosh, town I wish you no ill will. You're like a rapist. I admire you. Don't you understand that when an Eeset says "anything" it means "nothing?" Blessings.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear diary this has been an extraordinary day. Just when I was beginning to like and rethink my interactions with several TOL members it all explodes in my face. I made a short post intending to be both sympathetic and supportive. I was read as uncaring and worse.

I don't know which way to turn. Emotionally I want to strike back but that just doesn't feel like the right thing to do. They say it is my fault. OK, I'll concede that point. They say they can not forgive. OK, I'll accept them at their word. That leaves few options.

Arthur Brain

Dear public diary. Bugger off.

Yours with the kindest regards and gosh darn it a spoonful of key lime pie on top etc.

A.T.Roll

zoo22

Dear diary this has been an extraordinary day. Just when I was beginning to like and rethink my interactions with several TOL members it all explodes in my face.

Your Eeset crap pile exploded. Well, I'd tried to warn you:

You're digging yourself pretty deep into that crap pile of yours. That stuff can explode. Be careful.

Anyway. Sounds disgusting. Blessings to you.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
And now we have heard from the tender skinned git. Which part of no offended you ab? Was it the n or the o?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Dear diary They say it is my fault. OK, I'll concede that point.

Good, because you've brought all of this on yourself: you can blame your relentless baiting and taunting, your rape insinuations, your false victimhood, your incessant childish whining about rep, your me-me-me narcissism and your sexual innuendo. You've made your reputation, now you have to live with it.