Dulcinea del Toboso's diary.

Huckleberry

It has been a while since I jotted anything down in my diary. Today I tried to warn Zeus off. I tried my best to be blunt. He made light of it. Then he continued with spamming behavior. I guess that I should have explained that self destruct buttons are not always red. Sometimes they look quite mundane.
Self_Destruct_Key_by_TheCheesy4.jpg

Some people are self-destructive, Eeset, so warning them that something is destructive rather encourages them to do it. :idunno:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the "how interesting" listing I notice that Don Ego will be posting about me in spite of having me on ignore. How ironic is that? :idunno:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In the "how interesting" listing I notice that Don Ego will be posting about me in spite of having me on ignore. How ironic is that? :idunno:

How interestingly ironic that I'm reading this in a thread named after a character who is mentioned, but does not appear in.... the novel Don Quixote.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
She is in the novel.

" He designates Aldonza Lorenzo, a neighboring farm girl as his lady love, renaming her Dulcinea del Toboso, while she knows nothing about this."

"Don Quixote has a run-in with traders from Toledo, who "insult" the imaginary Dulcinea, one of whom severely beats Don Quixote and leaves him on the side of the road."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"Dulcinea del Toboso" (real name Aldonza Lorenzo) is a fictional character who is referred to (but does not appear) in Miguel de Cervantes' novel Don Quixote. Seeking the traditions of the knights-errant of old, Don Quixote finds a true love whom he calls Dulcinea. She is a simple peasant in his home town, but Quixote imagines her to be the most beautiful of all women. At times, Quixote goes into detail about her appearance, though he freely admits that he has seen her only fleetingly and has never spoken with her.

zoo22

She is in the novel.

" He designates Aldonza Lorenzo, a neighboring farm girl as his lady love, renaming her Dulcinea del Toboso, while she knows nothing about this."

"Don Quixote has a run-in with traders from Toledo, who "insult" the imaginary Dulcinea, one of whom severely beats Don Quixote and leaves him on the side of the road."

This post is up there for a very big award.

I'd say it's a cinch for the TOL "Why Read The Book Before Posting About It" Award, and probably for the "Biggest Dive Without Checking To See If there's Water In the Pool" Award, but I think it might deserve something much more prestigious.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are splitting hairs. I guess because she never rides up on a horse and makes conversation you call that not appearing. But...
" Pressured into finding Dulcinea, Sancho brings back three dirty and ragged peasant girls, and tells Don Quixote that they are Dulcinea and her ladies-in-waiting. When Don Quixote only sees the peasant girls, Sancho pretends that their derelict appearance results from an enchantment. Sancho later gets his comeuppance for this when, as part of one of the duke and duchess's pranks, the two are led to believe that the only method to release Dulcinea from her spell is for Sancho to give himself a surplus of three thousand lashes. Sancho naturally resists this course of action, leading to friction with his master."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Someone told me there was a bitter, derivative thread around here. It's a quick read, given...but I'm going to go against the grain in my one and only appearance here and say I'm proud of you for not naming it Town Quixote's or something even more creative, like Town Quixote's Too!

:e4e:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Someone told me there was a bitter, derivative thread around here. It's a quick read, given...but I'm going to go against the grain in my one and only appearance here and say I'm proud of you for not naming it Town Quixote's or something even more creative, like Town Quixote's Too!

:e4e:
I think your avatar is cute. Well, the bottom half anyway. ;)