ECT Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

Arsenios

John and I are contradicting the book of James.
we just did that to show everyone how NOT to be here.
sorry folks, nothing to see here, keep moving, John is a great guy, this was all for show.
i really am a hateful, terrible sinner though. that's the "real" me.
John = Good -
Patrick = Bad.

i just wanna make that perfectly clear. -

It's all coming blear to me now!

A.

Last edited:

oatmeal

"God's word, scripture."-you

Did our hero identify this "scripture," as I asked? Nope-I guarnteed he wouldn't.

Again:

Identify this "God's word, " "scripture, you cite, that "is given by inspiration," that we can press to our hearts, and declare, "This is the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name? Where can I get a copy?

Again-
I guarantee you, that this bible correcting fraud, posing as a bible believer, will not give us a straight answer. They never do, as bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, such as oatmush, love to lord over the sheep, and talk you out of your faith in the bible.

You are a trinitarian, why do you trinitarians add to scripture with such terms as trinity, triune, God-man, fully God/fully man, mother of God, hypostatic union, God the Son, second person of the blessed trinity?

Evidently, trins do not trust God's intelligence for Him to declare who He is. You have to fill in for what you perceive as God's failure to communicate Himself in His word.

You should look in the mirror of God's word first, and correct your errors, clean your pagan idols out your Bibles that you put there.

You and your trinitarian idolater buddies have sick minds John.

God did not give you that. II Timothy 1:7

John 8:31-32

Last edited:

oatmeal

"After you learn how to read scripture...God's word, scripture."-you

Did our hero identify this "scripture," as I asked? Nope-I guaranteed he wouldn't.

Again:

Identify this "God's word, " "scripture, you cite, that "is given by inspiration," that we can press to our hearts, and declare, "This is the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name? Where can I get a copy?

Again-
I guarantee you, that this bible correcting fraud, posing as a bible believer, will not give us a straight answer. They never do, as bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, such as oatmush, love to lord over the sheep, and talk you out of your faith in the bible.

"After you learn how to read scripture, then you could start thinking about it after you learn how to think."-you

Fine. Just help me "think." Just "point" me to this "is given by inspiration" "scripture," that you cite, that is true, pure, w/o error-by definition. Where can I get a copy?

You: Silence-not a peep.

Fraud. Define bible believer.

Which Bible?

Why a particular Bible?

You should read John 8:31-32 Note that Jesus did not say if you continue in the KJ version or continue in the Bible, he said continue in my word. Until we learn to respect scripture by paying attention to the details we will miss out.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Taking the OP a bit farther.

Believing has both a negative side and a positive side.

Fear is negative believing.

Claiming and living the promises of God is right believing.

Job's life suffered catastrophic losses because of he was afraid and fearful. Job 3:25

The woman with the issue of blood was healed because of her faith/believing. Jesus told her so. That was comfort to the woman.

Matthew 9:20-22

20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:

21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy believing hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

She did not heal herself, but her believing, that is the action she took was the avenue for receiving that healing.

When we believe the promises of God by taking action upon them we receive those promises.

John 8:31-32 is one of those promises. As we continue in the word, we become disciples, then we will know the truth and the truth shall set us free.

One major characteristic of a disciple is that they continue, dwell in, God's words.

Our freedom is the promise, disciples receive that freedom.

Arsenios

Fear is negative believing.

People know they do wrong...
And think that it has no consequence...
God gives consequences...
Hence fear is the BEGINNING of wisdom...

For you, it means that YOU and NOT in control of ANYTHING...

Claiming and living the promises of God is right believing.

The promise of God is Peace, Joy and Eternal Life...
Claiming them does not give them to you...
And without them, you cannot live them...

Job's life suffered catastrophic losses because of he was afraid and fearful. Job 3:25

Job's fear was worldly...

God is not worldly...

The woman with the issue of blood was healed because of her faith/believing. Jesus told her so. That was comfort to the woman.

Matthew 9:20-22

20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:

21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy believing hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

She did not heal herself, but her believing, that is the action she took was the avenue for receiving that healing.

You have a false translation...

θυγατερ η πιστις σου σεσωκεν σε
Daughter, the faith of you (your faith) has saved you...

Fanciful translations are a lot of trouble...

When we believe the promises of God by taking action upon them we receive those promises.

Try walking on water...

John 8:31-32 is one of those promises. As we continue in the word, we become disciples, then we will know the truth and the truth shall set us free.

Yes, they have to CONTINUE in His TEACHING... (the Word)

One major characteristic of a disciple is that they continue, dwell in, God's words.

THE major characteristic of a disciple is that he SUBMITS HIMSELF TO DISCIPLINE imposed by the teachings of the MASTER...

Our freedom is the promise, disciples receive that freedom.

Oh, we are ALWAYS FREE to sin, and do so willy nilly in our freedom...

It is the freedom of discipline,
which means obedience to Christ for those of you from Rio Linda,
that Christ gives,

But only IF you abide in that OBEDIENCE...

Freedom IN Christ entails the OBEDIENCE of the carnal man TO Christ...

This action brings salvation FROM Christ TO the one obedient to the King...

The Kingdom of Heaven is OBEDIENCE TO the King of Heaven...

Even here on earth...

"Be ye repenting, for...
The Kingdom of Heaven
is AT HAND..."

Without obedience to Christ there is no freedom IN Christ...

Trust me on this one! :wink:

Arsenios

john w

Hall of Fame
i will when i get a webcam. not a priority, i'm secure in my manhood,45, better hair, and better looking. smarter too, it seems, but that's not important. i proved my point in the only language you understand. insults, judgement and damnation of others. "what it's like" by everlast. good song. your vanity and pride/ego is pitiful. and i've actually gone easy on you. my real name is mark. my name doesn't matter, and i will always have only one identity on tol. maybe you too. YOU Know What You Do - GOD Knows WHY You Do It - God Bless you, tough guy - bye honey baby :kiss:

More psycho babble, hot air, from the mut. Put up that pic, Patty.

I thought so.

"I will when i get a webcam. not a priority, i'm secure in my manhood,45, better hair, and better looking. smarter too, it seems, but that's not important...."-Patty

Sure you will/are=punt. Yes-you are not important on TOL, in contrast to one of the most feared ombres on TOL-the legendary, humble, saint John W.

"my real name is mark."-Patty

And mine saint John, not "johhny"-show some respect, for a forever justified member of the body of Christ, little tike, wolf-ette.

Can you dig it, Markie? So there.

" i proved my point in the only language you understand. insults, judgement and damnation of others"-Markie

No, you " proved" you are a teenie bop windbag, pumped full of hypocrisy, and kid stuff, and a wol-ette, and the bible instructs that I treat you, like other wolves/wolf-ette's-with insults, judgment, and damnation, as I have that authority. Poor you. Accept it.

john w

Hall of Fame
all you have is random, childish jibberish and false personal character attacks/associations, and i know for a fact you will not do that face to face. anyone with basic reading skills can see what you are. you can blame me and try to personalize it, but EVERYTHING i have said about you is factual observation. get out of the trailer, and blow some of that hippy stank off once in a while ! i've been on the "net" for a total of less than 6 months. i never felt the need for a computer at home. i've never been to jail, but know all about it. i don't have a smart phone. i love peope and animals and your attitudes (that I have seen) are disgusting i have "real life" experience, not a "prison mentality", like you exude. it takes me no time at all to respond to folks like you. you can't take what you dish out and resort to personal attacks like "teenie bob" - (i think it's teeny BOP anyway). the more you type, the worse you look. i don't have to say anything. keep digging - but first pick one or two sentences and isolate, for individual responses. just the ones that may possibly help your attempted comebacks.kind of like you do The Bible ? - :grave::cigar:

Translated:On purple microdot, angel dust.

Pull up that "Dora the Explorer" bib, little one.

Arsenios

Why do you trinitarians add to scripture...

Why do you ignore it?

Joh 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify Thou Me
with Thine Own Self
with the Glory which I had with Thee
before the KOSMOS was.

So if kosmos [usually translated as the world] is creation...
And it had a beginning...
Before that beginning...
Only un-creation existed...

Only God is UN-CREATED...
And self-existing...

And here we have Jesus telling us
that He WAS existing
before creation...

John 1 tells us the same...

And more, it asks the Father...
AS before that beginning of creation...
To glorify Christ in the flesh...
WITH HIS OWN SELF

Because:

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him...
"He that hath seen Me...
hath seen the Father..."

So that they are Both Two
And...
They are Both One...

And likewise with the Holy Spirit,
Who moved upon the face of the waters of creation
in Genesis 1...

Only God existed before creation...

God the Father...
God the Son...
and
God the Holy Spirit...

One God...

Three (The Elohim) Persons

Who said:

"Let US make MAN in OUR Image and Likeness..."

And THEY did so... God did so... I and the Father are One...

Can you remember?

Arsenios

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
You are a trinitarian, why do you trinitarians add to scripture with such terms as trinity, triune, God-man, fully God/fully man, mother of God, hypostatic union, God the Son, second person of the blessed trinity?

Evidently, trins do not trust God's intelligence for Him to declare who He is. You have to fill in for what you perceive as God's failure to communicate Himself in His word.

You should look in the mirror of God's word first, and correct your errors, clean your pagan idols out your Bibles that you put there.

You and your trinitarian idolater buddies have sick minds John.

God did not give you that. II Timothy 1:7

John 8:31-32

Add this "You should look in the mirror of God's word first,.." to the below, as the deceiver once again, changes the subject, to now "trinity.......," as he will not identify this theoretical, mystical, desert mirage of "God's word...scripture" he cites.

"God's word, scripture."-you

Did our hero identify this "scripture," as I asked? Nope-I guarnteed he wouldn't.

Again:

Again-as I predicted...

john w

Hall of Fame
Which Bible?

Why a particular Bible?

You should read John 8:31-32 Note that Jesus did not say if you continue in the KJ version or continue in the Bible, he said continue in my word. Until we learn to respect scripture by paying attention to the details we will miss out.

More present a moving target, not defending his own words....Deceit...

Did our hero identify this "scripture," as I asked? Nope-I guaranteed he wouldn't.

Again:

Again-

"After you learn how to read scripture, then you could start thinking about it after you learn how to think."-you

Fine. Just help me "think." Just "point" me to this "is given by inspiration" "scripture," that you cite, that is true, pure, w/o error-by definition. Where can I get a copy?

oatmeal

More present a moving target, not defending his own words....Deceit...

Again:

Again-

You don't know what a Bible believer is?

Why? Don't you know?

Why do you criticize those who do believe God's words?

Why not believe God's word, that is when you know where and how to find it, then hone your knowledge of it.

II Timothy 2:15

oatmeal

People know they do wrong...
And think that it has no consequence...
God gives consequences...
Hence fear is the BEGINNING of wisdom...

For you, it means that YOU and NOT in control of ANYTHING...

The promise of God is Peace, Joy and Eternal Life...
Claiming them does not give them to you...
And without them, you cannot live them...

Job's fear was worldly...

God is not worldly...

You have a false translation...

θυγατερ η πιστις σου σεσωκεν σε
Daughter, the faith of you (your faith) has saved you...

Fanciful translations are a lot of trouble...

Try walking on water...

Yes, they have to CONTINUE in His TEACHING... (the Word)

THE major characteristic of a disciple is that he SUBMITS HIMSELF TO DISCIPLINE imposed by the teachings of the MASTER...

Oh, we are ALWAYS FREE to sin, and do so willy nilly in our freedom...

It is the freedom of discipline,
which means obedience to Christ for those of you from Rio Linda,
that Christ gives,

But only IF you abide in that OBEDIENCE...

Freedom IN Christ entails the OBEDIENCE of the carnal man TO Christ...

This action brings salvation FROM Christ TO the one obedient to the King...

The Kingdom of Heaven is OBEDIENCE TO the King of Heaven...

Even here on earth...

"Be ye repenting, for...
The Kingdom of Heaven
is AT HAND..."

Without obedience to Christ there is no freedom IN Christ...

Trust me on this one! :wink:

Arsenios

Are you trying to argue with me or agree with me?

john w

Hall of Fame
You don't know what a Bible believer is

I do. I asked you. Define it.

Why do you criticize those who do believe God's words?

I don't. You don't believe God's word-you correct it.
Again:

Again-

Confirmed-he won't.

Why not believe God's word, that is when you know where and how to find it, then hone your knowledge of it.

Again:

Again-

Confirmed-he won't.

You don't "believe God's word," by your own admission-you correct it.

oatmeal

I do. I asked you. Define it.

I don't. You don't believe God's word-you correct it.
Again:

Again-

Confirmed-he won't.

Again:

Again-

Confirmed-he won't.

You don't "believe God's word," by your own admission-you correct it.

First thing you have to learn is what the verb "to believe" means.

And if you want what the difference between "faith" and "believing" is.

You would have to read and understand my OP to do that.

And you would do your self a favor by reading my post that further explains believing and that it can be either positive or negative.

When you have learned that from God's word, then will have the "believe" part of it down.

Since it is up to the individual to believe, you need to understand "to believe" first.

Do you believe Mark 9:23?

How about Mark 11:23-24? believing does not contain doubt

Matthew 21:22? One reason people do not get answers to prayers is that they do not believe.

How big is your believing? Is it as big as a mustard seed?
Do you believe I Corinthians 14:5 yet?

Why not? it is written in God's word.

Do you believe John 14:12 yet?

Why not? It is words that Jesus spoke.

Do you do Romans 12:9 yet? How about Romans 12:10?

OR Romans 12:14?

or Romans 12:19-20?

Seems you have a lot of catching up to do.

It's in the Bible, why don't you believe it?

john w

Hall of Fame
First thing you have to learn is what the verb "to believe" means.

And if you want what the difference between "faith" and "believing" is.

You would have to read and understand my OP to do that.

And you would do your self a favor by reading my post that further explains believing and that it can be either positive or negative.

When you have learned that from God's word, then will have the "believe" part of it down.

Since it is up to the individual to believe, you need to understand "to believe" first.

Do you believe Mark 9:23?

How about Mark 11:23-24? believing does not contain doubt

You don't believe "God's word"-you correct it, by your own admission.

Again-as I predicted...

Matthew 21:22? One reason people do not get answers to prayers is that they do not believe.

How big is your believing? Is it as big as a mustard seed?
Do you believe I Corinthians 14:5 yet?

Why not? it is written in God's word

Again-as I predicted...

Do you believe John 14:12 yet?

Why not? It is words that Jesus spoke.

Do you do Romans 12:9 yet? How about Romans 12:10?

OR Romans 12:14?

or Romans 12:19-20?

Seems you have a lot of catching up to do.

It's in the Bible, why don't you believe it?

You don't believe the bible-you are a bible corrector.

Identify this "God's word, " "scripture, you cite, this "the bible,"that "is given by inspiration," that we can press to our hearts, and declare, "This is the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name? Where can I get a copy?

Again-as I predicted...

musterion

Bulverism.

oatmeal

You don't believe "God's word"-you correct it, by your own admission.

Again-as I predicted...

Again-as I predicted...

You don't believe the bible-you are a bible corrector.

Identify this "God's word, " "scripture, you cite, this "the bible,"that "is given by inspiration," that we can press to our hearts, and declare, "This is the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name? Where can I get a copy?

Again-as I predicted...

Do you really need a definition for "Bible believer"?

Are you serious?

Ok, "Bible believer" is someone who believes the Bible.

Are you happy now?

Now what does "version" mean?

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you really need a definition for "Bible believer"?

Are you serious?

Ok, "Bible believer" is someone who believes the Bible.

He admits it-he is not a bible believer, as he corrects the bible.

"Faith in James should have been translated "believing" not faith."-bible corrector oatmush

Again-as I predicted...