ECT Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

oatmeal

"should have been translated"-bible corrector

"Thanks for describing yourself" "should have been translated" "Thanks for describing me, oatmeal."

Note that the King James Version is what?

a VERSION.

Gosh John, you never noticed the word "Version" in the title?

Mr. I look at details, missed one of the three words in King James Version?

How sad, how very, very sad.

Why do you think that the ASV calls itself the American Standard Version?

Because they are honest enough to know and declare that their work is a version, not the original.

John, you need to take a sound class on scripture.

If you ever decide to become meek and humble enough to want to learn some scripture, let me know.

I'll point you in the right direction.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
So, are you thinking that Moses, David, Jeremiah, Jesus, John the Baptist and Paul used the KJV?

Or do you have another explanation for your foolish conclusions?

Sleight of hand?

Really?

What I typed is visible to all who care to read it.

Are you that stupid?

Do you have any idea who God is? what scripture is? who Jesus Christ is?

So, you have "the originals," so as to make the assessment,...

"should have been translated"?

Save it-it's a rhetorical question, you bible correcting fraud.

Are you really that satanic?Save it-it's a rhetorical question.

Do you have any idea what "bible believer" is? Define it.

I thought so, you Christ rejecting moron.

john w

Hall of Fame
Note that the King James Version is what?

a VERSION.

Gosh John, you never noticed the word "Version" in the title?

Show me where I ever claimed that "the title" "is given by inspiration?""

How sad, how very, very sad.

How sad that you are an admitted bible corrector, not a bible believer.

So there, child of the devil.

Because they are honest enough to know and declare that their work is a version, not the original.

Show us these "the original"'s, by which you correct any translation- "should have been translated."

Honest? Good one, fraud. You've never seen, examined, touched any "the original," and no one alive has, as they bit the dust almost as soon as the "ink dried" on the stone/papyrus...

Chapter, verse, where the term "scripture" is referring to "the original?"

You cannot-you made this "the originals only-ism" up, just saw it on a website, and just satanically spammed it here. Scripture's testimony is that "scripture" refers to copies, demon.

Chapter, verse, in your "scripture," bible corrector/agnostic/mystic, that says a translation cannot be "is (not "was") given by inspiration?"

John, you need to take a sound class on scripture.

Observe, the deception. He cites "the original,"knowing full well that he has no "the original"'s, and would not be able to know if he had them, even if they were allegedly dropped in his lap, and cites "scripture," even though he asserts the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, scripture, does not exist, as the LORD God lost His masterpiece, and now must rely on morons, such as himself, to correct, and recover, His book.

Identify this scripture, that "is given by inspiration," that we can press to our hearts, and declare, "This is the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name? Where can I get a copy?

I guarantee you, that this bible correcting fraud, posing as a bible believer, will not give us a straight answer. They never do, as bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, such as oatmush, love to lord over the sheep, and talk you out of your faith in the bible.

" ever decide to become meek and humble enough to want to learn some scripture, let me know.

Identify this scripture, that "is given by inspiration," that we can press to our hearts, and declare, "This is the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name? Where can I get a copy?

I guarantee you, that this bible correcting fraud, posing as a bible believer, will not give us a straight answer. They never do, as bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, such as oatmush, love to lord over the sheep, and talk you out of your faith in the bible.

I'll point you in the right direction.

Point all of us to this pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name?

Not a peep.

musterion

Hi , so then explain why Col 1:25 is the sames as James 1:1 !!

Why is it only Half -baked and NOT " FULLY -BAKED and ready to go .

If you had and answer , you would have offered an answer , and called Col 1:25 , Rom 16:25-26 and Epjh 3:2 LIES !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

Manc is a reviler of the Word. I seriously did not expect that.

Buzzword

Is no one going to point out that Paul and James were writing to very different groups of people?

Most of Paul's epistles were writing to Gentile Christians who were either being persecuted by Judaizers (whose entire M.O. involved following the law of Moses) or were having difficulty reconciling their previous beliefs and the required rituals thereof (think the Olympian worshipers in Lystra) with the seemingly much more simple tenets of the gospel.
Thus he focused more on faith (particularly when writing to the Romans), because his audience's struggle was primarily with internal belief, not with the action which results.

James was writing to Christians in Jerusalem (aka, former Jews) who had become complacent, thinking their abandonment of the strict works of the Law meant they only needed to give verbal assent to believing in Christ.
Thus he focused on the external demonstrations of that belief, especially as evidence for authentic faith.

As 21st century readers, we synthesize these two foci into the idea that belief in Christ leads the Christian to following His example in how we live our lives, how we build relationships, and how we grow in communion and better relationship with God, each other, and God's created universe.

oatmeal

So, you have "the originals," so as to make the assessment,...

"should have been translated"?

Save it-it's a rhetorical question, you bible correcting fraud.

Are you really that satanic?Save it-it's a rhetorical question.

Do you have any idea what "bible believer" is? Define it.

I thought so, you Christ rejecting moron.

No, I don't have any originals.

I did not claim to have any originals.

Why would you think I would?

Satanic? Really? you ever read your own posts? Love your neighbor, not hate your neighbor, remember?

You could be useful to God someday if you ever started doing what He says you should be doing.

Believe God's word.

Oh, by the way, John, since your strong suit is to insult people, believers especially, you might want to know I don't read past your first sentence or so. Not worth my time.

Should you ever choose to learn to edify your fellow believers, God would be pleased with that.

You can do it, John, God says so. Romans 14:19

Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Matthew 11:28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Show us these "the original"'s, by which you correct any translation- "should have been translated."

Honest? Good one, fraud. You've never seen, examined, touched any "the original," and no one alive has, as they bit the dust almost as soon as the "ink dried" on the stone/papyrus...

You cannot-you made this "the originals only-ism" up, just saw it on a website, and just satanically spammed it here. Scripture's testimony is that "scripture" refers to copies, demon.

Chapter, verse, in your "scripture," bible corrector/agnostic/mystic, that says a translation cannot be "is (not "was") given by inspiration?"

Observe, the deception. He cites "the original,"knowing full well that he has no "the original"'s, and would not be able to know if he had them, even if they were allegedly dropped in his lap, and cites "scripture," even though he asserts the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, scripture, does not exist, as the LORD God lost His masterpiece, and now must rely on morons, such as himself, to correct, and recover, His book.

Point all of us to this pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name?

Not a peep.

That is right, when someone wrongly translated a Greek word, I dare look up the Greek word and figure out what it means.

It's called studying. It is called learning, you might try that sometime.

II Timothy 2:15

After you learn how to read scripture, then you could start thinking about it after you learn how to think.

If you want to learn how to read, go back to school.

If you want to learn how to think, really think, I can point you in the right direction. God's word, scripture.

oatmeal

Is no one going to point out that Paul and James were writing to very different groups of people?

Most of Paul's epistles were writing to Gentile Christians who were either being persecuted by Judaizers (whose entire M.O. involved following the law of Moses) or were having difficulty reconciling their previous beliefs and the required rituals thereof (think the Olympian worshipers in Lystra) with the seemingly much more simple tenets of the gospel.
Thus he focused more on faith (particularly when writing to the Romans), because his audience's struggle was primarily with internal belief, not with the action which results.

James was writing to Christians in Jerusalem (aka, former Jews) who had become complacent, thinking their abandonment of the strict works of the Law meant they only needed to give verbal assent to believing in Christ.
Thus he focused on the external demonstrations of that belief, especially as evidence for authentic faith.

As 21st century readers, we synthesize these two foci into the idea that belief in Christ leads the Christian to following His example in how we live our lives, how we build relationships, and how we grow in communion and better relationship with God, each other, and God's created universe.

As you point out, we must teach to who the audience is, if we are going to address specific issues.

If we are teaching to a group of husbands and their wives who are having marital issues, we would expect to teach some different truths, than to a group of young teenagers who want the Christian view on dating. Of course, some truths would overlap both groups, but the needs are different, thus we teach what people need to hear.

But we want to teach what God wants taught, not to satisfy itching ears.

As you point out, the backgrounds of people being different, Paul or whoever would take that into consideration so as to communicate truth in the best way to whomever was being taught.

The book of James, according to some scholars predated Paul's epistles. The believers at the time of the writing of James were on the path of learning great truths, but were still early on the learning curve of what this age of grace is all about.

Paul would be the one to give the clear picture.

James wrote what God wanted people to be doing and believing so that they would advance further. Not stagnate.

Just because our sins were paid for is not excuse for sitting on our Christ's laurels. Our believing in the accomplished works of Christ is indicated by the actions, the works we take upon those truths.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Not a peep.[/QUOTE

silence is golden. duct tape is silver

Last edited:

oatmeal

dude, you're a hateful, spiteful, accusatory, moron. you do what you accuse everyone else of doing. nothing positive, nothing useful, just holier than thou hate speech. get a life or a new attitude. it must be eating you alive. have a great day ! ! ! - :comeout:

Wow.

john w

Hall of Fame
dude, you're a hateful, spiteful, accusatory, moron. you do what you accuse everyone else of doing. nothing positive, nothing useful, just holier than thou hate speech. get a life or a new attitude. it must be eating you alive. have a great day ! ! ! - :comeout:

Oh. And your an actress/ hypocrite, spewing forth that old reliable "accusation of hate technique," and "accusatory" zinger, all the while, out of the other side of your mouth, calling me moron/spiteful, nothing useful...............and all that dung, spewing from that devlish mouth of yours, you punk, creme puff. Which side of your face do you want slapped, toots?

"dude... have a great day"

Thanks, you insincere teenie bobber. This is a site for grown ups-this is not "17 Magazine."

Your a clown-ette.

john w

Hall of Fame
That is right, when someone wrongly translated a Greek word, I dare look up the Greek word and figure out what it means.

After you learn how to read scripture, then you could start thinking about it after you learn how to think.

If you want to learn how to think, really think, I can point you in the right direction. God's word, scripture.

"God's word, scripture."-you

Did our hero identify this "scripture," as I asked? Nope-I guarnteed he wouldn't.

Again:

Identify this "God's word, " "scripture, you cite, that "is given by inspiration," that we can press to our hearts, and declare, "This is the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name? Where can I get a copy?

Again-

john w

Hall of Fame

"After you learn how to read scripture...God's word, scripture."-you

Did our hero identify this "scripture," as I asked? Nope-I guaranteed he wouldn't.

Again:

Identify this "God's word, " "scripture, you cite, that "is given by inspiration," that we can press to our hearts, and declare, "This is the pure, true, sound, right, by definition, without error word of God, scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve forever. I believe every word of it." Does it have a name? Where can I get a copy?

Again-

"After you learn how to read scripture, then you could start thinking about it after you learn how to think."-you

Fine. Just help me "think." Just "point" me to this "is given by inspiration" "scripture," that you cite, that is true, pure, w/o error-by definition. Where can I get a copy?

You: Silence-not a peep.

Fraud. Define bible believer.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, I don't have any originals.

I did not claim to have any originals.

Why would you think I would?

Then you lied when you spammed, and cited "the original," from another website, "should have been translated," as you cannot correct any version/translation, infallibly, w/o these "the original"'s.

This is your "argument," deceitful one:

"Because they are honest enough to know and declare that their work is a version, not the original."-you

=only "the original"'s are pure, and that is what "scripture" is

Made up.

Not a peep.

Oh, by the way, John, since your strong suit is to insult people, believers especially, you might want to know I don't read past your first sentence or so. Not worth my time.

Should you ever choose to learn to edify your fellow believers, God would be pleased with that.

You can do it, John, God says so. Romans 14:19

I am careful to insult only children of the devil, and wolves, and I agree that we edify fellow believers.

But you're not a believer-you are a wolf.

"Because they are honest enough to know and declare that their work is a version, not the original."-you

"John, you need to take a sound class on scripture."-you

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Quote:" ever decide to become meek and humble enough to want to learn some scripture, let me know.-you

"I'll point you in the right direction."-you

Not a peep.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh. And your an actress/ hypocrite, spewing forth that old reliable "accusation of hate technique," and "accusatory" zinger, all the while, out of the other side of your mouth, calling me moron/spiteful, nothing useful...............and all that dung, spewing from that devlish mouth of yours, you punk, creme puff. Which side of your face do you want slapped, toots?

Thanks, you insincere teenie bobber. This is a site for grown ups-this is not "17 Magazine."

Your a clown-ette.

exactly what i mean. i did what you do, in the words that are really in your head. you're a freak on a mission to confront and argue. i've seen little from you, however what i have seen is the opposite of adult. sorry if i was being like you and it struck a nerve. that's how you come across to me. and from your mugshot you are the one stuck in his teens. i enjoy most of your rants, just thought i'd give you some opinion. you don't like that do you ? other people. a little anti-social ? mom issues ? not my business. you have everything labelled and categorized in your head and ready made retorts to any disagreement. i'm sure i've got you all wrong and you've got me all figured out. i would expect nothing less from the likes of you. see, i just generalized you again. "you're not even a real person, i don't have to feel anything" appears to be your MO. prove me wrong. pride - :crackup:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Your a clown-ette.

i've lived in over 6.5 decades. probably just like you. you're is - apostrophe re - you are- contraction.your is possesive. you're pretty good with the juvenille speech and calling people "devil's child" and such. why anyone would be shocked at my "mirrored response" is simply unfathomable. lol - maybe i get banned for calling out paid members, wouldn't surprise me. i give respect when it's given, but anyone can play YOUR game - no winners. just - :loser: - :carryon:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We do have the original word of God from the mouth of Jesus Himself.

The word is still given by inspiration of God today, if we hear His voice.

The truth is also found in many words, passages, and books of the Bible which all agree and correct one another, when one is taught by the Lord.

If not, then one will follow ones own religion or that of another.

Joh 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
Joh 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

LA

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
exactly what i mean. i did what you do, in the words that are really in your head. you're a freak on a mission to confront and argue. i've seen little from you, however what i have seen is the opposite of adult. sorry if i was being like you and it struck a nerve. that's how you come across to me. and from your mugshot you are the one stuck in his teens. i enjoy most of your rants, just thought i'd give you some opinion. you don't like that do you ? other people. a little anti-social ? mom issues ? not my business. you have everything labelled and categorized in your head and ready made retorts to any disagreement. i'm sure i've got you all wrong and you've got me all figured out. i would expect nothing less from the likes of you. see, i just generalized you again. "you're not even a real person, i don't have to feel anything" appears to be your MO. prove me wrong. pride - :crackup:

Thanks for the psycho babble, you slug, drone, loser. You don't have the clout that I have on TOl, toots, so, please, have a seat, and I may tell you to get saved, you cliche spammer. Weighty, toots.