ECT Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

oatmeal

Easily said

When we distinguish between the words 1. faith and 2. believing then we learn that

faith is given to us, the measure of faith and that there was a time before faith came.

Romans 12:3 given measure of faith, note the word dealt, ie, given, gifts are given, like the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit

Galatians 3:23 before faith came. The works of Jesus Christ made the measure faith, gift of salvation, etc. , available

Faith in James should have been translated "believing" not faith.

Doing Romans 10:9-10 is works that are required to receive salvation.

Works to receive salvation does not equal the works it took God in Christ to pay for our salvation.

James 2:14-26

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith/believing, and have not works? can faith/believing save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith/believing, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith/believing, and I have works: shew me thy faith/believing without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith/believing by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith/believing without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith/believing wrought with his works, and by works was faith/believing made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith/believing only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith/believing without works is dead also.

The passage makes much more sense if we use the correct word, believing which is our actions, instead of faith which is what God imparted to believers

Romans 10:9-10

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

john w

Hall of Fame
...When we distinguish between the words 1. faith and 2. believing then we learn that ....

Another bible correcting clown, a bible corrector/agnostic/mystic, whose "doctrine" determines what the bible should say. If what the book does not agree with his doctrine, "presto," "should have been translated." i.e., correction, so the bible validates/lines up with/supports his "doctrine."

He can "prove" anything.

Watch the deceitful response, not even addressing my point....Watch...

This Charming Manc

It complements not contradicts.

The themes of Paul and James are two different emphasis of the same gospel.

Easily said

When we distinguish between the words 1. faith and 2. believing then we learn that

faith is given to us, the measure of faith and that there was a time before faith came.

Romans 12:3 given measure of faith, note the word dealt, ie, given, gifts are given, like the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit

Galatians 3:23 before faith came. The works of Jesus Christ made the measure faith, gift of salvation, etc. , available

Doing Romans 10:9-10 is works that are required to receive salvation.

Works to receive salvation does not equal the works it took God in Christ to pay for our salvation.

James 2:14-26

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith/believing, and have not works? can faith/believing save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith/believing, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith/believing, and I have works: shew me thy faith/believing without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith/believing by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith/believing without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith/believing wrought with his works, and by works was faith/believing made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith/believing only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith/believing without works is dead also.

The passage makes much more sense if we use the correct word, believing which is our actions, instead of faith which is what God imparted to believers

Romans 10:9-10

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

DAN P

It complements not contradicts.

The themes of Paul and James are two different emphasis of the same gospel.

Hi , and how can it be the same Gospel ?

Paul wrote of the MYSTERY in Eph 3:2 and Col 1:25 and to the Body of Christ !

And James wrote to the 12 tribes scattered ABROAD , so not the same Group , and not the same Gospel !!

dan p

This Charming Manc

Only if you believe the 1/2 baked pack of lies which is mad.

And James wrote to the 12 tribes scattered ABROAD , so not the same Group , and not the same Gospel !!

dan p

DAN P

Only if you believe the 1/2 baked pack of lies which is mad.

Hi , so then explain why Col 1:25 is the sames as James 1:1 !!

Why is it only Half -baked and NOT " FULLY -BAKED and ready to go .

If you had and answer , you would have offered an answer , and called Col 1:25 , Rom 16:25-26 and Epjh 3:2 LIES !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

oatmeal

Another bible correcting clown, a bible corrector/agnostic/mystic, whose "doctrine" determines what the bible should say. If what the book does not agree with his doctrine, "presto," "should have been translated." i.e., correction, so the bible validates/lines up with/supports his "doctrine."

He can "prove" anything.

Watch the deceitful response, not even addressing my point....Watch...

Thanks for describing yourself

oatmeal

dan p

James being an earlier writer than Paul wrote what was revealed to him to write.

What he wrote fits with the learning curve of the early church.

john w

Hall of Fame
Thanks for describing yourself

As I predicted, a "punt," and stunning rebuttal.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" "should have been translated" "In the beginning John W created the heaven and the earth."

Fun!

oatmeal

As I predicted, a "punt," and stunning rebuttal.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" "should have been translated" "In the beginning John W created the heaven and the earth."

Fun!

I wonder if God thought that was funny.

I prefer

Psalm 19:14

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in thy sight, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer.

oatmeal

"Thanks for describing yourself" "should have been translated" "Thanks for describing me, oatmeal."

So there. You taught me that. I learned that from you.

Interesting accusation.

You have a chapter and verse?

Ephesians 4:25

john w

Hall of Fame
I wonder if God thought that was funny.

I prefer

Psalm 19:14

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in thy sight, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer.

I wonder if God thought that you are funny, in correcting His book, bible corrector-it is suppose to correct you.

"should have been translated" is your "argument," bible corrector. God does not think it funny that you are not a bible believer.

So there, deceiver, engager in slight of hand, deception.

john w

Hall of Fame
Interesting accusation.

You have a chapter and verse?

Ephesians 4:25

"should have been translated"-bible corrector

"Thanks for describing yourself" "should have been translated" "Thanks for describing me, oatmeal."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes to most of the OP.

In James, the brethren scattered abroad were Christians .

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

These verses describe the errors of MAD perfectly--

Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

No wonder MAD avoids the book.

LA

DAN P

oatmeal;4197229 17 Even so faith/believing said:
Hi and their is a difference between " FAITH /PISTIS , is a conviction based upon hearing !!

Even the demons " believe , James 2:19 !!

" BELIEVE /PISREUO , to be persuaded !:dunce::dunce:

dan p

oatmeal

I wonder if God thought that you are funny, in correcting His book, bible corrector-it is suppose to correct you.

"should have been translated" is your "argument," bible corrector. God does not think it funny that you are not a bible believer.

So there, deceiver, engager in slight of hand, deception.

So, are you thinking that Moses, David, Jeremiah, Jesus, John the Baptist and Paul used the KJV?

Or do you have another explanation for your foolish conclusions?

Sleight of hand?

Really?

What I typed is visible to all who care to read it.

Are you that stupid?

Do you have any idea who God is? what scripture is? who Jesus Christ is?

oatmeal

Hi and their is a difference between " FAITH /PISTIS , is a conviction based upon hearing !!

Even the demons " believe , James 2:19 !!

" BELIEVE /PISREUO , to be persuaded !:dunce::dunce:

dan p

That's right, devils believe as well. they know there is one God, not three in one. but it sure makes a great deception to have Christians believe in a three in one pagan god instead of the One True God.

James 2:19 is part of my OP.